Did Microsoft redesign the power supply for the 360?

ScotteusMaximus

Limp Gawd
I sent my 360 in for repair after it red ringed on me, and when it came back, there was a new power supply in the box. It looks the same as the old one, except that it has 2 pronged connectors without a ground (both where the cable connects to the unit and where it connects to the wall), instead of the grounded connectors on the unit that came with my original 360 (bought January 2006).

They didn't send me a new power supply when my first 360 died, which is why I was wondering if there was a recall or redesign that I wasn't aware of.

I think there was. I'm on my 2nd Xbox360 replaced with a new one at Gamestop from 09/2006 and this one has a fan in the power supply and it's 2 prong. My first one definitely didn't have a fan and was a 3 prong.

I also got my xbox last december, while it is 2 pronged the psu has no fan that I can see.

All 360 power supplies have fans in them.. The newer ones with the 2 prongs have a faster rpm fan so you should notice it more.. If you have one with 2 prongs and cannot feel the air comming out, I would say there is something wrong with it..

Back