Did I kill my P5B-Deluxe?

Cypher-

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm 99% sure the motherboard is gone, but I just want to make sure before I order a new one.

I was trying to OC my Q6600 to 3.6GHz (400x9) and I think this board had other ideas. I set the FSB to 400 and started raising the vcore untill I got it stable. I got to 1.46 and decided to check the temps in the bois. When I went to the hardware monitor the system locked up and shortly after it smelt like something had melted. I turned the system off and unplugged it for a bit to let everything cool. The processer and videocard are water cooled so it shouldnt have gotten to hot. When I tried rebooting everything powers on but the screen just stays black. I popped the processer in this box and it still runs like a champ so thats not the problem. I tried booting the other computer with out the processor and memory and it wont even give me any post codes, hence why I think its the motherboard.

Assuming you all agree that the motherboard is gone, would the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R be a good replacement?

Thanks for any input.

I wouldn't recommend going with P35. Go with X38 unless you really can't afford it. P35 technology is almost (if not already) outdated. Go with X38.

Have you tried looking at the motherboard's PCB to see any physical damage? Perhaps it can be fixed if you can isolate the damaged item.

I would say so... These are fairly robust boards, so I don believe it was defective.

Back