Did I do ok? Purchased some Trident RAM...

I have the same ram and I would say so. The price is good anyways, the same ram is $78 on Newegg for reference.

I have this RAM and i am trying to figure out the chips on it.
Thaiphoon says B-Die but I can't overclock them at all.

thumb_show.jpg

CPU-Z's SPD tab should tell you what it is you have. You may have to select the specific DIMM from the drop down to view the information.

upload_2019-11-30_14-52-30.png

The part number in your case: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR can apparently be had in either Samsung B-Die or Hynix A-Die. I wasn't aware that was possible. Generally, the part number indicates its one or the other. My modules for example are easily figured out. The part number F4-3600C16-16GTZNC indicates Hynix memory while the F4-3600C16-16GTZN would indicate Samsung.

CPU-Z's SPD tab should tell you what it is you have. You may have to select the specific DIMM from the drop down to view the information.

View attachment 203563

The part number in your case: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR can apparently be had in either Samsung B-Die or Hynix A-Die. I wasn't aware that was possible. Generally, the part number indicates its one or the other. My modules for example are easily figured out. The part number F4-3600C16-16GTZNC indicates Hynix memory while the F4-3600C16-16GTZN would indicate Samsung.
Ah thank you,
Not quite sure how to interpret this.

75L5FEG.png

makes you wonder if they are lower binned b die. Wouldn't expect it in cas 16 3200mhz parts.

Taiphoon burner doesn't lie (to the best of my knowledge). I would try to tighten it to Cas 14 before I started pushing for 3400Mhz+ personally.

I have a set of 3466Mhz RipJawsV memory that is also B-die. It's kind of a wacky set also. It doesn't like to tighten to 3200Mhz Cas 14 even though it should. Runs at 3466 at Cas 16 all day though.

Back