Did i damage some pc component if i turn off monitor by power button during load?

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. Just asking,thats all. I do this many times. But now i want to be sure.

So turning off monitor by only power button when pc is on , game or desktop, is this harmful, can i damage something like graphic card? Thank you. I have monitor IIama Red Eagle 1080p 144hz. Gfx is Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition. Monitor is plugged to card by display port cable and port.

I ask because somebody said this to me:"If you keep repeating this process chances are you'll end up actually doing some damage even if it's simply corrupting a few files so I'd stop the practice."

No, you can turn the monitor off as many times as you want to, it won't hurt your PC at all. A lot of people have their PC's set to turn the monitor off after so many minutes of inactivity. Your PC doesn't really care if your monitor is on or not.

There use to be an old wive's tale about turning on the monitor before you turned on the computer, and turning it off after the computer was turned off. Probably because of how much power old CRT monitors use to draw on power on along with how sensitive electronic circuits were to noise.

But that hasn't been an issue for decades, if it ever really was. It's perfectly fine to turn it off by the power button.

Back