Did Global Agenda ever "fix" their widescreen woes?

Saist

Limp Gawd
Regarding this post: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/11/dont_buy_global_agenda_editorial

Global Agenda announced that they are going subscriptionless (probably already a post somewhere in here on that), and the game is 33% off on Steam.

I'm looking at it, and either my forum search-fu is weak, or this hasn't actually been asked yet:

Have the Global Agenda devs enabled "proper" widescreen support for the game? Or does the HardOCP : Do Not Buy request still stand?

It's not a widescreen issue but an "issue" with not supporting eyefinity. I'm running the game just fine in widescreen.

If you, like the creator of the quoted article, depend on eyefinity support, then skip the game. If you like good games and don't mind it in "normal" widescreen mode, then just buy it. And btw there is a demo, so just try it. I'd NEVER base my buying decision on someone else's opinion, neither a magazine review, nor a website nor [H]. Sometimes, even [H] editors can be wrong.

I think there are better reasons to boycott a game. Not supporting eyefinity isn't one of them imho.

Not buying a game because it does not support eyefinity is just sad.

The game is fun and its subscription-free now. I read the review and it was pretty much some guy nerd-raging at the no eyefinity support thing. Pretty weak grounds for a boycott if that is indeed what he was advocating.

Does this game have a good player base?

It is solid. Every time I have got on I have been able to find matches within 20-25 seconds of joining the queue. There aren't 99million users like WOW, but there is a solid player base here.

Agreed. Fun game, enough players to make it worthwhile, solid gameplay, awesome PvP. Very good buy at the current price imho.

Last edited:
Back