Did anyone's 5870 ship

Ya ZZF sure has screwed alot of people over this launch. As of right now I have no idea whether to expect a card from them or not. This is one mistake that I wont make twice.

Even though they shipped my card I'm not revocing that BBB complaint.

Our luck guys... they will send me out a freaking bomb.

I'm sure ZZF will have them, but it will probably be at least a week..

I stopped buying from ZZF 3 years ago because of this. They always show items in stock the aren't. If you call them they will always lie by telling you that your item is shipping today but it doesn't. They have even given me bogus tracking numbers to temporarily shut me up when nothing had shipped. I had this happen 4 times before I said never again. ZZF is one of the worst e-tailers on the net.

My XFX edition is on the truck right now. I didn't even order it from NCIX (Canada) until 6AM Wednesday morning, so I'm pretty stoked about it. Can't wait to try the Eyefinity with my favorite games tonight!

EDIT: It arrived while I was out for lunch. EyeFINITY PR0N FTW :)

Last edited:
Newegg just sent notification that my Asus is in the air on the way to DFW. Hopefully it gets delivered tomorrow.

Mine just changed to shipped too.

Good news, they should be here tommorow.

Bad news... I freaking ordered from Newegg too because I had planned to cancel my order with them... Now I have 3 of them... anyone want to buy one? Lol.

Same thing here except I only have two cards coming my way, one from ZZF and one from Newegg. I was planning on some point in the future possibly going CF, but I didn't want to spend quite so much right now ... oh well, I have the money for it I just didn't like seeing the 1600 CC bill jump up to 2000 :p . Also, I still don't trust that this ZZF tracking number actually has a card in it, I am half expecting an empty box.

I'm expecting maybe 10lbs. of rock or a bomb in there, lol.

ZZF: "Okay, they're catching on to us, ship the emergency packages!"

Me: "*checks order status* Ohhh, finnaly it shipped!"

ZZF: "Hehehehe... He'll open the box then get the surprise of a lifetime!"

Me: "It's here!... *opens box* CLICK! OMG!

Stay tuned for part two!

ALL the parts for my first build EXCEPT my 5870 are getting here today... go figure.

My XFX edition is on the truck right now. I didn't even order it from NCIX (Canada) until 6AM Wednesday morning, so I'm pretty stoked about it. Can't wait to try the Eyefinity with my favorite games tonight!

EDIT: It arrived while I was out for lunch. EyeFINITY PR0N FTW :)

Especialy on IPS screens(NEC2490) :)

Ordered last night [ xfx 5870] Satus shipped, Thanks New Egg

Now i have to survive the weekend alone but monday the sun comes out.

Mine just changed to shipped too.

Good news, they should be here tommorow.

Bad news... I freaking ordered from Newegg too because I had planned to cancel my order with them... Now I have 3 of them... anyone want to buy one? Lol.

Get a Classified, then do Tri-Crossfire. LOL.

My roommate has my 5870 waiting for me after work. I'll be home in about an hour.... can't wait!! Well ok, I can wait.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes until UPS flies something out? Mine's been @ Ontario, California since 12:53am with an estimated delivery date of 9/29... and right now, these boxes with the other parts are sitting in front of me, taunting me. :(

I wasn't expecting mine until Monday but UPS actually delivered something a day ahead of schedule! :eek:

f22376fb.jpg

...and...

1f48808e.jpg

Looks like a project for this weekend is in order after all. :D Too bad I'll be 'bottlenecking' it dropping it into a C2Q machine @ ~3.5 GHz. :p ;)

I wasn't expecting mine until Monday but UPS actually delivered something a day ahead of schedule! :eek:

Looks like a project for this weekend is in order after all. :D Too bad I'll be 'bottlenecking' it dropping it into a C2Q machine @ ~3.5 GHz. :p ;)

NICE! Post up some benchies ASAP if you could, heh. I seriously doubt you'll be bottlenecked unless you're going to be running games at <= 1280x1024. Even if you are, your FPS is going to be stupid-high anyways so you definitely won't notice. Also, this is when you turn the IQ even higher to make good use of the card. I hate how people think you need a i7 @ 4 GHz to do these cards justice, because you don't, esp. at 1920x1200 or higher. Anything past 60 FPS is unnoticeable and irrelevant to me (other than knowing its true performance)

Anyways, congrats! Post benches/temps!

I should have my XFX monday. Can't wait debating weather or not to call in sick to work :) cough cough

NICE! Post up some benchies ASAP if you could, heh. I seriously doubt you'll be bottlenecked unless you're going to be running games at <= 1280x1024. Even if you are, your FPS is going to be stupid-high anyways so you definitely won't notice. Also, this is when you turn the IQ even higher to make good use of the card. I hate how people think you need a i7 @ 4 GHz to do these cards justice, because you don't, esp. at 1920x1200 or higher. Anything past 60 FPS is unnoticeable and irrelevant to me (other than knowing its true performance)

Anyways, congrats! Post benches/temps!
I know it shouldn't really be bottlenecked; I was making fun of the Neweggie's that think they know what they're talking about. :p

I know it shouldn't really be bottlenecked; I was making fun of the Neweggie's that think they know what they're talking about. :p

Lol, oh yeah, I saw those. If it doesn't say "This user purchased this item from Newegg" and they say they don't own it in some way, I actually log into Newegg just to give them a "not helpful" review, hah. I wish we could kind of "vote kick" some of those asshats reviews, lol.

So my post isn't totally OT, my 5870 hasn't shipped yet.. because I'm too broke to buy one right now, lol. My GTX 280 will have to hold me over for a bit still. I want one of these really badly though.. and a new 1920x1200 monitor (stuck at 1280x1024 right now :(:(:(,).

f22376fb.jpg

...and...

1f48808e.jpg

ZZF Should perform a ritual Seppuku with the HIS Sword for the pain and suffering they have cause all HD 5870 Early adopters this week.

seppuku_bird_lineart.jpg

1f48808e.jpg

The sticker claims that the card is "faster, cooler, and quieter" but it appears to use a reference cooler. Can you comment on the noise levels of this card? What is the noise and temps @ load?

Looking foreward to a getting mine on monday. I got the XFX version. I just hope the 5870 will fit in my antec p180B case...

The sticker claims that the card is "faster, cooler, and quieter" but it appears to use a reference cooler. Can you comment on the noise levels of this card? What is the noise and temps @ load?

Pfft, that's marketing for ya. :p Yes it's just a reference card, as all of the 5870's in the wild are right now. That said, I'm actually pretty happy with its noise levels. My setup isn't the usual, in that this card was put into my HTPC that's hooked to my JVC RS20 projector. :) The PC is actually about 3 ft behind the main seating and somewhat below since it's in an Antec P182 on the floor.

I haven't really put it through its paces all that much as of yet but at least at idle in this environment it's essentially silent, since the projector (which is considered quiet in its own right, at least when its bulb is in low mode, as I have mine) still makes more noise than the PC does. ;) FWIW, idle temps after having done some 3D are slowly working their way back down through the mid-60's with the fan currently spinning at 28% (~1570 RPM). The highest temp I saw so far through playing some Batman: AA (no I haven't bothered to really benchmark it yet) was 88 C, but keep in mind I also wasn't playing for a real long time, so I'd say chances were decent it may creep a bit higher than that. The fan never did become noticeable and according to GPU-Z it's never exceeded 33% to this point.

This however is all largely a moot point in my case since it's going to get water-cooled as soon as some decent solution for the 5870's is available, since the CPU already is, as was the 9800 GTX this 5870 replaced. :D Since I'm lazy and didn't feel like replumbing for this somewhat temporary setup, the Swifty MCW-60 block that was on the 9800 GTX is just kind of hanging loose-ish in the case (held in place by the tubing and the 5870), still in the WC loop but not cooling anything. :p

Looking foreward to a getting mine on monday. I got the XFX version. I just hope the 5870 will fit in my antec p180B case...
It will easily if you remove the 3 1/2" drive cage that's lined up with where your card most likely will be. Assuming the fit is like mine though, it's just barely too tight to keep that drive cage in-place for the 5870. Not a huge deal to me since my sole purpose for that drive cage was as a sort-of shroud to help direct airflow across the memory, VRM's, etc., on my old WC'd 9800 GTX, but if you're actually using it for HD's, you may be out of luck... :/

Oh yeah, and by barely too tight, I mean to the point of once I replace the stock cooling on the 5870 to WC it, I expect I'll be able to put my 3 1/2" drive cage back in no problem since the part that makes it a no-go is the very tip of the massive plastic shroud this thing has. :D

I'm an idiot dis regard my PM. I didn't even see your post here at the bottom of the page. I was too lazy to scroll down....So it does for with the drive bay in, but just barely? If I have to remove it that's ok I don't have my HD in that bay anyway its in the bottom one, but I do use it to hide all my wires..

No I had to remove it. My point about being able to keep it in-place was in reference to the little bit of space I'll most likely get back when I replace the stock cooling since the PCB isn't quite the full length of the card.

Aw ok got. That means I have to take the drive bay out :-( Now all those wires I've hidden their will be shown nice and messy :-( I might take the drive bay to work and try to dremel it down a bit and see if the cards fits then..

Got her last last, been doing some runs here and there. Just ignore the dust in the case, was so excited didn't feel like cleaning:

HPIM1078.jpg

And here are some realistic benches w/ Crysis (lol, I know). I just can't stand why people run their setups with 8xAA and crap.

Enthusiast 4xAA:

These are stock clocks, one GPU:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 965 @ 3.20GHz @ 3184 Mhz
CPU ID: Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 4
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Physical memory: 5.99 GB
Display adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 1024 MB
Driver version: 8.660.0.0 (20090910000000.000000-000)

==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 85.82s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 59.31s, Average FPS: 33.72
Min FPS: 26.39 at frame 163, Max FPS: 41.60 at frame 1973
Average Tri/Sec: -29525240, Tri/Frame: -875601
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 1.12
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 56.82s, Average FPS: 35.20
Average Tri/Sec: -29442348, Tri/Frame: -836494
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 1.18
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 56.61s, Average FPS: 35.33
Average Tri/Sec: -30166988, Tri/Frame: -853876
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 1.15
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)

//////////// Summary \\\\\\\\\\\\\

09/26/2009 11:24:42 - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: airfield flythrough @ 8 1920 x 1080 AA 4xx
==> Framerate [ Min: 26.39 Max: 41.60 Avg: 35.27 ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 1882, Recorded Time: 56.90s)
Play Time: 63.01s, Average FPS: 29.87
Min FPS: 9.10 at frame 98, Max FPS: 38.36 at frame 1538
Average Tri/Sec: -1926529, Tri/Frame: -64500
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 2.90
Play Time: 60.10s, Average FPS: 31.32
Min FPS: 9.10 at frame 98, Max FPS: 38.36 at frame 1538
Average Tri/Sec: -1996720, Tri/Frame: -63760
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 2.93
Play Time: 60.22s, Average FPS: 31.25
Min FPS: 9.10 at frame 98, Max FPS: 38.78 at frame 1533
Average Tri/Sec: -2111266, Tri/Frame: -67555
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 2.77

09/26/2009 11:42:50 - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: frost @ 0 1920 x 1080 AA 4xx
==> Framerate [ Min: 9.10 Max: 38.57 Avg: 31.29 ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 3502, Recorded Time: 92.69s)
Play Time: 112.63s, Average FPS: 31.09
Min FPS: 20.85 at frame 1733, Max FPS: 39.95 at frame 704
Average Tri/Sec: 18938384, Tri/Frame: 609078
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.86
Play Time: 110.35s, Average FPS: 31.74
Min FPS: 20.85 at frame 1733, Max FPS: 40.63 at frame 678
Average Tri/Sec: -18271000, Tri/Frame: -575728
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.91
Play Time: 109.53s, Average FPS: 31.97
Min FPS: 20.85 at frame 1733, Max FPS: 40.70 at frame 689
Average Tri/Sec: -18723566, Tri/Frame: -585601
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.89

09/26/2009 11:52:34 - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

DirectX 10 ENTHUSIAST 3X @ Map: ambush @ 0 1920 x 1080 AA 4xx
==> Framerate [ Min: 20.85 Max: 40.67 Avg: 31.86 ]

Ignore the CPU thing because windows 7RC for some reason doesn't see the right CPU freq. It's 3.8Ghz if you're wondering.

Also, will be popping the 2nd one in there later tonight when i get home after running a couple more tests at stock and OC'd.

Nice very nice setup :) I get mine Tuesday. Looks like I have to mod my case a bit too. I don't want to take my drive bay out for the 5870 to fit. So I might try and dremel some of it off so the card will fit. All my wires hide behind that drive bay and without it, the case would look like crap

Okay, just so some of you that orderd from ZZF know, a crap load of 5870's are backordered, thats why your status still says "Packed" I belive.

I called earlier to see if it's even shipped yet because I was getting nervous, the rep said she will find out and if she could call me back. She actually did later that day and she told me my order was backordered and that they will have them on the 29th. She also asked if I wanted a to cancel my order, so you guys can still cancel if you want.

I kept it because I didn't want to wait for the whole returning and waiting for a week for the money to show back up in my back account when the card SHOULD ship the 29th.

I hope to god their 29th shipments are enough because I'm going to raise hell.

Never buying from ZZF again, first time buying from them was a bad experience.

I stopped using ZZF for pulling the same crap with a cpu on more than one occasion. I use Newegg exclusivly now.

Back