did anyone play black and white 2

i was looking through older pc games online to try and find something that i may like. i came across black and white 1 and 2 along with the expansions. what i can gather is that it is a sort of rts. can anyone give me some more info on this. is the game any good?

Its a good 'god' game actually. They dumbed down the 'overly intelligent' creature AI from the first game and made it more of a RTS than the first. Think of the creature like a spore critter that you dont directly control, but more like a pet.

I tossed B&W to my girlfriend as a means to get her into gaming, and it worked. When I got B&W2, she took the box and I never got it back. I think she has finished both... the creature interaction is pretty cool... although I noticed despite the seeming open-ended creature and people management, the game is still guided down a single storyline no matter what... so dont fool yourself.

I played it long ago. Fun but no challenge existed as the AI would send out these wimpy armies that I would easily crush.

Gave it 2 tries, both times save games were corrupted and it lost my progress. From what I remember, there was fun to be had. LH gets props for the basic yet sufficient city building sim, but a massive punch in the face for ruining the creature mechanic that made the franchise great.

It's alot of fun. If you're looking for a game that is very open ended and actually allows you to be bad or good and shows the result, get it.

It's more of a casual organic feel game than a serious chess like strategy game.

Yeah, I played both B&W and B&W2 and I liked both. Obviously, as B&W was more unique when it was released it had a bigger impact on me. I remember ending up with a fully-evil hand and a fully-good cow in B&W...I miss him sometimes :(

Played both, didn't like the second so much.
I remember the first one having all kinds of glitches when it first came out. Even so it was a blast. I let a buddy play it at a lan right after it came out. I think he literally spent 3 hours beating the shit out of his pet monkey and teaching it to do evil shit. It stomped buildings, picked up trees that people were tryin to chop and tossed them into the mountains, eat people, pooed inside the town whenever it could... and there was poo everywhere.
As hard as I tried I always ended up with an evil hand and temple.
It was just so much easier to kill all the people in a neighboring temple and send some of my peeps there to claim it than it was to influence them.

As hard as I tried I always ended up with an evil hand and temple.
It was just so much easier to kill all the people in a neighboring temple and send some of my peeps there to claim it than it was to influence them.

That's what I used my creature for. I would rain terror and destruction down upon the puny mortals, and when they had nothing left I would send my cow in to rebuild for them and he would tell tales of my greatness. It was the perfect setup.

I have a sealed copy of the second game, maybe if I ever finish the first one (be nice to see that on GoG), I'll open it.

2nd one was more or less like the first just a bit more fleshed out and a bit more grand, you controled bigger cities with more people and basically made armies rather than having your creature doing all the fighting.

It's typical lionhead/peter moleneux type stuff really, they get an idea which is quite good and run with it but the revolutionary stuff always comes out a bit bland, or at least not exciting as what you thought, both games suffer from that...playing god should not be like an RTS which the 2nd one is more or less.

They're definately worth playing if you can find them for cheap they're fairly well built games, and if the scale between 1 and 2 can be maintained through to a 3rd one we'd be looking at a fairly large/complex game which would be cool to see I reckon...a million citizens all AI controlled from the GPU or something, that would be epic.

Has anyone played B&W2? What kind of questions is that!! haha

I love the series! I have an unopened game package that I really want to tear into and reinstall. I really enjoyed building cities.

No one should knock this game! :mad: My nostalgia glasses make me defensive!

Last edited:
Back