Did anyone NOT get the heatpipe cooler with their X2

SKy042

[H]ard|Gawd
I purchased a Used X2 4400 and the seller doesn't believe he recieved a heatpipe cooler with his X2 4400 that I've purchased from him. It's a standard AMD fan/aluminium HSF.

I've owned a X24400 that I sold in sept. and mine came with the heatpipe cooler.

I'd like to find out here if anyone recieved a X2 4400+ or similar without the heatpipe cooler to see if maybe AMD shipped some without heatpipes.

The CPU in question is reported to have been purchased in the past 3-4 weeks.
thanks

I have an X2 cooler from someone who purchased a 4200+. I think someone swapped the cooler on you and is trying to keep the better one. ;)

Full Folding Ahead!

If it was OEM it probably didn't come with one. Only Retail parts carry the HS/F assemblies.

Project_2501 said:
If it was OEM it probably didn't come with one. Only Retail parts carry the HS/F assemblies.
No I'm told this was a retail X2 4400.

If so, then he should have recieved a heat-pipe based cooler with it. That is the standard X2 cooler and they don't ship with anything else. IIRC, it's similar to the stock FX coolers.

Jakalwarrior said:
Well, my 3800 X2 came with the crap typical AMD heatsink. But thats all 3800s.
Yeah I know AMD for some reason didn't put the heatpipe on the 3800's/

maybe the guy had several X2s and kinda didnt remember which came with which sinks? That or he just wanted to keep the nifty lil heatsink. I would, they're cool :D

Jakalwarrior said:
maybe the guy had several X2s and kinda didnt remember which came with which sinks? That or he just wanted to keep the nifty lil heatsink. I would, they're cool :D

yeah they are I have two of them! my collection muhahahah :D

I know 3800's and 4200's don't come with the heatpipe. I have seen 4400's go either way

I just purchased a X2 4200+ (retail) and it came with a ordinary HS, not the heatpipe kind. :mad:

I wound up having to buy someones FX-55 cooler.
hopefully in 2 weeks when I have the rest of the parts to boot the PC up all will be good. I don't have a method of testing this chip at the moment.

I've got heatpipe cooler with my 4200+ X2 but anyways it's not used because I use Shuttle XPC ICE colution (heat pipe cooler with 92 mili fan)

If I'm not wrong same heatpipe cooler I've got comes with all retail higher speed AMD CPU's.

MD

I have read what you posted and if I understand you correctly, you purchased a used retail chip WITH HSF. Just check the numbers on the HSF and the chip. If they are indeed a match, then he's not shovelling you a load of crap.

If they don't match, then he has kept the good cooler!

Only got a standard heatsink with my X2 4200+...now i want that heatpipe one!...

My X2-4200 came with the heatpipe cooler (purchased in August).

Funny, I thought it was only the 3800 that came with the "other" cooler. Now I see 2 posts with X2-4200's and the non-heatpipe cooler... weird.

If your wondering if the Heatsink that came with your CPU is the correct one just match the serial numbers....

If you havent noticed AMD Prints the CPU Serial number on the Heatsink that accompanies the processor........

My 4400+ came with the heatpipe one, but I used it on my 3500+ cpu and I put an XP-90C on my X2 :)

Back