Did anyone get the God of War Collection today?

imExcitebike

[H]ard|Gawd
Did anyone pick it up today? How was it? I'm tempted to go find a copy tomorrow after work.

I got it, I've actually never played the god of war series.. so decided to get it.. haven't played much of yet it.. so can't say much

Got it, played a bit. I'm a huge fan of both games, and the first ones looks great with the same great gameplay.

Got it too. I haven't gotten that much time with it yet. All of the reviews complain about the cut scenes not being up-scaled. Call me stupid for saying it, but I almost like the charm of showing that is where the games were and then you get to snap back into current. It is a nice before and after, but then again, I still haven't gotten that far in yet. I have played both before once, but I enjoyed them so much I really wanted this set.

Amazon screwed up and it seems like I won't get it until Friday at best. Even then, I think it'll stay in its wrapper for a while.

Yeah, I want this collection too but I think it's going to have to wait until after Christmas. I've bought myself enough gear in the past few weeks.

I was going to but then I noticed my xbox live subscription was over in a week so I had to use GOW money on Live.

Not a huge deal though because between mw2, uc2, and Forza3 I'm good with gaming for a while! Plus I asked for wife to get it for me for Christmas so....

I got it but I don't really feel like playing it right now, assassins creed 2 is too good.

I don't have it, considering how large my backlog of games are . I won't be getting it till I finish the Half Life 2 series :eek: . So many games , so little time.

Got it last night. The gameplay obviously is unchanged, but thats not a problem. I haven't played these games in a few years, its nice to get my hands on them again. For their age, they look great still. Can't say much else - if you've played the games you should know exactly what to expect.

I don't have it, considering how large my backlog of games are . I won't be getting it till I finish the Half Life 2 series :eek: . So many games , so little time.

I'm in the same situation. I've got too many games to play right now. Oh well though I'll get it cheaper later.

Got it last night. The gameplay obviously is unchanged, but thats not a problem. I haven't played these games in a few years, its nice to get my hands on them again. For their age, they look great still. Can't say much else - if you've played the games you should know exactly what to expect.

Are the graphics comparable, better, or worst compared to the Ninja Gaiden Xbox1 to Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3 graphical upgrade?

I think Gaiden looks better, but it does look really nice. And yeah, two of the best games ever? Even if they hadn't updated the graphics at all I'd have been all over it.

Are the graphics comparable, better, or worst compared to the Ninja Gaiden Xbox1 to Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3 graphical upgrade?

Havent played either... no clue. The graphics are largely unchanged. The higher resolution and AA make it look nice and crisp - but it also does make certain low-resolution textures stand out a bit. That, and the constant FPS, is pretty much it.

Is this great game to pick up for the PS3? No game interest me for now on the PS3 other than watching Blu ray/divx

Is this great game to pick up for the PS3? No game interest me for now on the PS3 other than watching Blu ray/divx

Yes, it's worth picking up. The games are fantastic. I didn't even think twice about buying this edition and I own both of the PS2 versions.

Beat Uncharted 2 already ? ;)

I'm interested in this collection especially because I never played God of War or GoW 2. I had sold me PS2 by that point, but know they were highly regarded. From the little slice of God of War 3 I played, it reminds me of an update on the old beat em game genre. Graphics and production are incredible.

I haven't played the collection yet, and this may sound weird, but from the comparision screen pics I've seen between the originals and the PS3 updates, I kind of like the look of the originals. It's jaggier and less sharp, but I can appreciate it.

Seems like the color is in general less saturated, which is good and bad both. Otherwise the games are both unchanged it seems and is a great investment if you didn't get to play the originals on PS2.

Yeah, after playing for a while I'd say the games were more or less ported as is and tweaked a bit to run on the PS3. It's not a complete overhaul like Gaiden Sigma was, but it doesn't need to be. I just finished Prototype, and I'd say the original God of War's graphics, tweaked some, would compete with Prototype. That's not to say that Prototype's the best looking game, but God of War holds up. And yeah, the same kickass gameplay is still present.

Last edited:
I agree. I am on the second ring of Pandora's temple and I keep getting impressed that the game is so old. My friend that got me into God of War to begin with was over the other day and he was freaking out about how much better it looked.

As a trophy whore and a lover of the God of War series I would say this was worth every penny of the $40. I only played the two games once each so I am more than willing to put a bit more time into these.

I picked this up yesterday, and I gotta say, it's a lot of fun. Never played the GoW games before, so I was approaching it more or less ignorant. Some annoying bits to it, but that's true of every game in this genre.

Back