Did anyone buy the Razer Blade?

lillimon04

2[H]4U
Just wondering if anyone here threw down the cash to play with one. You can't deny its a great design, looks very nice. But that price is just insane. I guess they sold out of there first batch in 30 min some how. Maybe people were saving up just for one.

Something just sounds fishy about them selling out... I'm sure they did selling some, but with NO product reviews about it (that I could find quickly).

Sounds like marketing trying to build up hype to me. That thing cost quite a few dollars...

Something just sounds fishy about them selling out... I'm sure they did selling some, but with NO product reviews about it (that I could find quickly).

Sounds like marketing trying to build up hype to me. That thing cost quite a few dollars...
Haha that is very true! Or maybe the first batch was possibly only a few actual laptops. So then they could say they sold out really fast!

I actually really liked the original concept, with the 12" screens, but one is the keyboard. That was flipping cool. With SB i3/Intel 3000 graphics, it wouldn't have been half bad, or some kind of AMD APU.

This over priced behemoth doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd rather get an Alienware if I'm going to get ripped off, an Asus to pay fair/some mark up or a sager/clevo for a decent deal. No way in hell I'd be reamed by this.

I actually really liked the original concept, with the 12" screens, but one is the keyboard. That was flipping cool. With SB i3/Intel 3000 graphics, it wouldn't have been half bad, or some kind of AMD APU.

This over priced behemoth doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd rather get an Alienware if I'm going to get ripped off, an Asus to pay fair/some mark up or a sager/clevo for a decent deal. No way in hell I'd be reamed by this.
I really liked the switchblade idea but without a dedicated gpu it would of been worthless as a gaming laptop.

Also I know the price is ridiculous, but you guys really wouldnt even want to play with one of these?

I want to get one. I know it is expensive but it is offering decent performance in a good form factor.

It looks like they had a very small paper launch as I missed the 30 minute open window. Hopefully I can get one mid February.

The blade is an interesting concept, but I can't fathom why the hell they gimped it with a GT555M. Piece of shit GPU for a 1080p laptop that costs $2,800...

Well, with the small form factor heat is always going to be a huge factor. I assume that is why they didnt go for a better graphics card than the 555m. I agree, its a very nice sleek design, but extremely overpriced. I wouldnt mind trying one out, out of curiosity, but I wouldnt ever pay as much as they are asking for one.

Back