"Diamonds" awesome timely support...

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
Figured you guys might get a kick out of this as I sure as hell did. Quite awhile back my Diamond 4870X2 up and died on me without reason. I was pretty bummed about it but I figured it was under warranty so i'll send it in. Well boy was I must have been fucking high to think Diamond would take care of it , instead I sent them ticket after ticket , called them , emailed them and just gave up. I ended up building a new system with 2 Asus GTX 480's and i7 930 , so I moved past it ..

So I check my email about 30 mins ago and low and behold what do I see? :

You have got to be shitting me .. 4 FUCKING months .. seriously Diamond? One single response in 4 months????!!!

I hope anyone considering a Diamond brand card , thinks twice after seeing this.

Last edited:
That is horrible. I would print that and mail it to the CEO and ask him wtf? lol

Yup over two weeks for my tickets and no response. I would never buy again from them. Their customer service is pathetic. I got a dead HD 4650 at home and I have the reciept too, but diamond fails to help, be aware people I would suggest looking at other manufacturer. Try msi giga. Asus or xfx.

Holy shit is that pathetic.

I have a Diamond HD4850 that has been running flawlessly for 2 years. *Knocks on Wood*

Definitely avoiding Diamond next time around.

Thank fucking God I haven't bought a diamond card, that is unacceptable! Thanks for the heads up, I will spend my money elsewhere.

I had a diamond rebate that took 3 months to clear up through the same ticketing system. Never. Again.

Honestly I think Kyle or one of the news editors should look into this and perhaps do a story on it. Diamond is always one of the top sellers of ATI cards and I can't believe they haven't been called out on this before.

Its just beyond belief.

i have 3 diamond cards and i wouldnt waste a single minute trying to rma them if they ever died.. diamond has been the most pathetic customer service for years.. not to mention their bogus ass 1 year warranty.. not to mention all 3 of my cards were out of warranty the day i bought them even though they were bought from a retail store unopened.. they had just been sitting on the shelves for almost 2 years..

I WILL NEVER BUY A DIAMOND CARD. Thanks OP and the rest of the commenters who shared their bad experiences. Hopefully a Diamond rep (if there is such thing?) sees this thread and considers a new strategy, the lazy fucks.

Great ATI manufactures:
XFX

Good:
Asus
Gigabyte

Average:
Sapphire (maybe crappy category?)
MSI (maybe good category?)

Crappy:
Diamond
Visiontek
HIS
Powercolor (maybe average category?)

edit to reflect some manufactures on boarderline.

Last edited:
You have to know that the Diamond of today is not at all the same company that it was 15 years ago. The original Diamond Multimedia company has been defunct for several years since its legal successor, SonicBLUE, went bankrupt in 2003. The Diamond Multimedia trademark is now owned by Best Data, a distributor of miscellaneous computer accessories.

That is horrible. I would print that and mail it to the CEO and ask him wtf? lol

yes, he should do that. He should also contact ATi public relations and show them also. They wouldn't be too happy to know of of their partners is acting like this. They might be able to help also.

Link them to this thread also. They should know what their consumers think of Diamond. If they ever need to cut of of their partners, Diamond is the one.

Great ATI manufactures:
XFX

Good:
Asus
Gigabyte

Average:
Sapphire
MSI

Crappy:
Diamond
Visiontek
HIS
Powercolor
I would disagree with a few of those options. I've never had a bad experience with my MSI products, motherboards or video cards. Same with my Sapphire products. I've never had to use Sapphire's RMA though.

You have to know that the Diamond of today is not at all the same company that it was 15 years ago. The original Diamond Multimedia company has been defunct for several years since its legal successor, SonicBLUE, went bankrupt in 2003. The Diamond Multimedia trademark is now owned by Best Data, a distributor of miscellaneous computer accessories.

Yep, Best Data, the company that sells generic beige box mice and cables in the bargain bin of your nearest discount store.

I would disagree with a few of those options. I've never had a bad experience with my MSI products, motherboards or video cards. Same with my Sapphire products. I've never had to use Sapphire's RMA though.

Ya, I almost put MSI at good. I just havent used them much.

Sapphire is definitely not any better than average. At points in time they have charged shipping to the customer for both directions and there have been many horror stories, but atleast they do respond to their customers most the time. But I did almost put sapphire in crappy category.

Powercolor might be moved up to average, but that is a recent development. Prior years they were shit.

Wow, really? My first videocard was Diamond Stealth S220 (or something like that. S3 Virge chipset, IIRC). I have a Diamond 5870 in my rig currently. I won't buy a Diamond product again.

I've had some good diamond products, but really it is not like you hear about them any more. they have to have killer deals before i'd bother.

Yeah I used to buy Diamond in the 90's...my Voodoo1 was Diamond and I loved my Monster Sound (MX300?) was great. Some of the employees were active in the enthusiast community too. Oh well.

yup pretty crappy service, I honestly would never ever buy from them again it just bothers me to even think about having to rma the card and get no response from a company for weeks and months. It is funny because they products aren't cheap either, I don't know how they expect a consumer to trust them. I hope this thread stays alive, it is bullshit when they have live chat icon and every time you go to their support page it is offline, lol. I just laugh at it, how dumb do they think customers are? I hope they go under cuz( although I never wish for that for any company) if they continue to behave like this. I wouldn't want anyone to go through shitty level of service that I personally and the OP has gone through.

Every company has horror stories when it comes to RMAing with some being worse than others. I'd also say the quality of the cards is generally the same as well.

Every company has horror stories when it comes to RMAing with some being worse than others. I'd also say the quality of the cards is generally the same as well.

I have yet to hear of anyone waiting 4+ months to get a single response to a brand new support ticket. Not from anyone , most of it not all companies in this business are far better than that. Hell even HiS which is also considered another shit company for support doubtfully has customers waiting 4+ months for a single response.

I've been reading these forums and countless others since the first days of 3D acceleration and I don't think even in the worst times I really haven't heard of anyone dealing with that kind of wait period for a single response to a new problem. Most companies even if they are backed up will atleast respond one time for basic information to attempt to show the customer they are aware..

This is terrible support for ANY kind of product not just video cards. I don't care how small the company is , running the support end the way Diamond does isn't running support .. its phoning it at there lesuire in the best circumstances and blatant disregard in the worst.

Honestly I think Kyle or one of the news editors should look into this and perhaps do a story on it. Diamond is always one of the top sellers of ATI cards and I can't believe they haven't been called out on this before.

Its just beyond belief.
Isn't it ironic that the last negative article about a company they did, was about a company with good customer service? ;)

Where are the articles about company's with horrible CS? :confused:

Its just beyond belief.

Love to see the numbers that show Diamond is a top seller of ATI cards, considering they disappeared for years.

MSI RMA was quick and easy in my experience, but two out of two products that I've owned from them failed =/

One was a 9600GT that was DOA, but I thought it was due to a bad power supply because of my lack of experience with computer building at the time. By the time I realized it was a bad video card, I had already sent the rebate in. RMA was smooth and easy though. Can't say the same about the rebate, said it was bad because I sent a copy of the order confirmation, not invoice, and that I cannot send it back in. If I buy MSI, I'm making sure there's no rebates involved.

Second was a NF980-G65. One of the VRM capacitors blew up after 5 months during an overclocking attempt. And I hadn't even exceeded 1.41 volts yet. Sent ticket in, issued me an RMA number the next morning. Now just waiting for it to come back from RMA.

Nothing beats Sandisk for me. I had a 8GB Cruzor die and my emails to support/rma request all landed on deaf ears. Not a single response from them. I chalked it up as a lesson learned and will never buy their products again.

You should send them a telegram, I hear it's their preferred mode of communication.

Love to see the numbers that show Diamond is a top seller of ATI cards, considering they disappeared for years.

They currently sell the 5870 and 5970 and considering everytime Fry's gets them in they leave the same day I'm going to make a strong guess that they are doing just fine sales wise.

You should send them a telegram, I hear it's their preferred mode of communication.

:D thanks I needed that.

I think we should have a ratings poll for bad customer service here at H. If nothing more, it'll hopefully get companies to step up their game. I vote Diamond, Visiontek, ECS, Sapphire...in that order. These are the worst of the worst. I personally hate Diamond and Visiontek, after particularly bad.....and quite frankly, under-handed experiences.. They couldn't 'give' me their products. The support is the absolute worst I've ever seen.

I think we should have a ratings poll for bad customer service here at H. If nothing more, it'll hopefully get companies to step up their game. I vote Diamond, Visiontek, ECS, Sapphire...in that order. These are the worst of the worst. I personally hate Diamond and Visiontek, after particularly bad.....and quite frankly, under-handed experiences.. They couldn't 'give' me their products. The support is the absolute worst I've ever seen.

I am quite interested in that too. I dont' expect to see any 5 star companies as not everyone can be 100% satisfied with service, but it'll give a good general idea. I always thought Sapphire was a good company to buy from. I've seen them around for decades.

Anyways, the voting should be purely on customer support. I see people praising the company for their product longevity, but really a lifespan of a product is YMMV.

They currently sell the 5870 and 5970 and considering everytime Fry's gets them in they leave the same day I'm going to make a strong guess that they are doing just fine sales wise.

:D thanks I needed that.

To assume they are the top seller is a far grasp though just because one store sells out of them, i am sure many other stores sell out of those card models as well, you also don't know how many cards they got in of Diamond maybe 10, maybe 100, or any other brand for that matter., so again, show me the numbers that show Diamond is the top seller of ATI cards vs any other company. :)

i know this is vid cards, but pqi customer service makes diamond look like evga. i had to rma several kits/sticks or ram back in the bh5/tccd days (when 256mb of ddr was $300 +), not one time did they ever honor their warranty. once they emailed me a picture of a stick with a scratch on the heat spreader as a reason to not replace my ram (or pay for return shipping), and it wasnt even the ram i sent them.

To assume they are the top seller is a far grasp though just because one store sells out of them, i am sure many other stores sell out of those card models as well, you also don't know how many cards they got in of Diamond maybe 10, maybe 100, or any other brand for that matter., so again, show me the numbers that show Diamond is the top seller of ATI cards vs any other company. :)

I'll make you a deal , you show me numbers disproving what I'm saying about Diamond being a high selling vendor and I'll believe you. :)

Back