Diamond 7970 for $379 at Microcenter

I've seen that on the website also, what does the "White Box Version" imply? Is it an OEM with no retail packaging?

Yes it came in a white box, but inside was drivers / manual / dongles / stickers etc. So it just means the exterior box is not glossy / graphically designed

Its a good deal, but not hot like the visiontek from compusa for $378 shipped with 6 games, hdmi cable, full retail box... that i got last week.

Its a good deal, but not hot like the visiontek from compusa for $378 shipped with 6 games, hdmi cable, full retail box... that i got last week.

I got that too, but from Tigerdirect (same thing i think). TD version is the black box which has a 3 year warranty. Maybe the white box means a different warranty length.

Heck... I paid over 5 bills each for mine at release. What a bargain. White box? Who cares.. not much in the retail Diamond box anyway. Only thing I used outta mine was the crossfire bridge. Hmmm should I get another and toss a water block on it as well? I'm down to one as I had to return a defective one and they did not have any replacements. Put that $500 back on the cc and been riding my solo 7970 since. But damn.. that is a sweet freaking price!

Bought one , and for a week, my comp would bluescreen randomly. It ran games fine at 1920x1200, however it was hot and loud. I tried the 12.4 and 12.6 cats and no go, still crashed. Returned it for a refund.

I have the visiontek running along side the MSI 7970 i got at lease. The vision tek seems to run cooler and more stable. Im not getting any crashing or blue screens, but for some reason the MSI 7970 keeps reverting back to stock voltage a couple times a day and no matter what setting i try seems to make a difference.

The visiontek has been sitting at 1.03v 975mhz for a week now rock solid. very happy with my visiontek so far.

This is tempting for crossfire - except I run single monitor and everything already runs great.

haha.. crazy price considering i paid $570 for the 4 of mine at MC back when they first came out!

I'd recommend Tri-Fire all day long.

Back