DIAMOND 6950PE52G Radeon HD 6950 2GB & Deus Ex Game - $229.99

Looks like it's a reference design card, so it might be possible. too bad they include different sets of pictures, though. False advertising isn't cool. >:|

Heatsink looks sick! Either way, it's probably a nice overclocker. I'm in!

Thinking about picking this up with my 10% off coupon. Wish i knew for sure if it had a chance of unlocking or not.

these links seem to think its unlockable:
Here, here, here, and here

Not sure if any of these are true, but i think im going to bite then sell my SLI nvidia 285's.

EDIT: the newegg reviews talk about both cards pictured. Some people are claiming to unlocked the red PCB card also, and claim it has dual bios switch...we shall see. I will report back with my results :)

Last edited:
rhidf.jpg

I went in for one of these as well. Hoping for a card with the bios switch but either way it's going to be a nice upgrade from what I had. I'll post back with what I get.

Damn I was waiting for a 6950 to go on sale, looks like I missed it, but $230 seems like regular price anyways?

If it unlocks, and has the better cooler set up. Also, you're interested in a copy of Dues Ex, it will turn out to be a hell of a deal. Right now I'd say it's a bit of gamble, either way a decent upgrade, but we all want the best turn out.

Got mine. It unlocked, running it at 6970 clocks with a +5% power boost.

It is indeed reference card design with a dual bios switch.

I used RBE to modify the default bios and then command prompt flashing with atiwinflash.

Got mine. It unlocked, running it at 6970 clocks with a +5% power boost.

It is indeed reference card design with a dual bios switch.

I used RBE to modify the default bios and then command prompt flashing with atiwinflash.

dammit! i wish i jumped on this. The next batch will probably not be this reference board.

Just got mine, it's not the version in the first three pictures. It's the one in the last picture, single fan cooling solution, not two. Literally just opened it, going to install it in a couple of hours. Has anyone received the red version of the card?

Back