Diamond 5850 $135 AR + F/S @ Newegg

simply amazing price.

I need to get addicted to another game than LoL so I can justify crossfire or a 6950 flashed.

Incredible price.... but its Diamond. One of the worst for customer service in the industry. Personally I would view this like Neweggs "open box" items because thats about the amount of protection you have. Once its out of Neweggs return time-frame your screwed if it goes bad.

Its STILL a tempting deal though and thats the reference design IIRC so they shouldn't be any better or worse than any stock 5850 card.

Rebate link didn't work. I'm thinking of finally upgrading my GTX8800 ~684mb card before I go 2 steps forward to a new Mobo and Chip, any reason to wait my fine Hot Deal Peeps? This would be a stop gap for a couple more years, that's the plan anyways?
-B

If you get this card, mark a calendar or something and contact Diamond about the rebate after it's due. They often "forget" to pay those without being reminded.

Guys... I can have this :

http://n cix.com/products/index.php?sku=57485&vpn=HD585XZABC&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1275

Or this...

http://n cix.com/products/index.php?sku=56991&vpn=HD685XZNBC&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1275

Which one is the best deal? And how are XFX when it comes to MIB?

(CAD$ obviously)
Sorry to hi-jack thread, didn't want to make a new one for the same card (pretty much) and sorry bout the link but hard blocks ++++

Incredible price.... but its Diamond.
I bought a Diamond 3870 some years ago, and it came DoA (a broken capacitor) out of the box.
The complete RMA process took about 3 weeks start to finish, I had to pay shipping (one way) though.

Based on my experience I don't know how one would classify them as 'the worst' in the industry.
Sapphire is still worse, but companies like EVGA and XFX are miles better. Diamond replaces the card within warranty, nothing more nothing less.

OOS and no wonder, that price was insane. It's definitely a good time to be in the market for a vid card what with all these great deals continually popping up on GTX 460/470 and Radeon 5850/5870. And with the renewed competition in the ~$250 space, this summer will probably be more of the same.

Trying to get rid of old stock is the perfect time to buy.

5850 for $135? That's insane! Here I thought $170 that I paid for 5850 was a steal.

If you have an issue with a GPU and you think the RMA facility is going to be a bitch to deal with, nuke it. Then tell them it's completely unresponsive. Dead card = new card coming. Hell, that explanation worked with Sapphire and Athlon Micro.

EDIT: I'm not saying this to advocate fraudulent RMA claims, but if you have a legitimate problem and the RMA peeps have their heads up their asses, it works nicely.

Last edited:
If you have an issue with a GPU and you think the RMA facility is going to be a bitch to deal with, nuke it. Then tell them it's completely unresponsive. Dead card = new card coming. Hell, that explanation worked with Sapphire and Athlon Micro.

Yep. That's how to deal with ASUS, too. If a little bit of artifacting at times in game... run furmark until it's deader than dead.

Sent in an RMA to Diamond for a 4850 and received a response 3 months later. Told them to kiss my ass.

I should add that the tech was very apologetic about the delay if that helps. Didn't for me.

I have a Diamond MM 5850 card. I got it when it was released and it has been ROCK SOLID ever since!

The RMA procedure is all the same regardless who manufactures the card.

1) Ship out card
2) Pick up a new card at Frys
3) Receive back RMAd card
4) Return GPU back to Frys before 30 day rental is up
5) Install the RMAd card

Show me how that is any different than XFX or EVGA :p

I had a Diamond Monster 3d Voodoo 2 12MB card.

It ran Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Midtown Madness and a slew of other games just fine. Never had a problem with it. It was a solid card for 18 months before I sold it.

I'm not saying it's a relevant experience since the company changed hands and left the video card market for awhile, but still. :)

I have a pair of Diamond Monster 3D II cards. ;) I was playing some Glide games last weekend. Picked them up off Amazon 3 years ago for $19 for the pair shipped. Awesome!

Back