Diameter of M3 screw

I need to know what what the diameter of the M3 screw. I googled it but I got various answers and was confused since it was screwing with my mind. So does anyone know what the diameter of a M3 screw is? Need to know in order to find a way to mount a 240 radiator below the 200mm big boy in the antec 900.

Thanks,
Mark

Sigh this is going to make things tougher then, I hope my neighbor can fabricate me some metal when he gets back from vacation.

M3 = 3mm

Metric screws are listed as:

M3 x .4

M = Metric
# = Major Diameter in MM
x .4 = MM between threads

So M3 x .4 is 3.5mm diamter with .4mm per thread, so about 25 threads per CM.

Most metric screws sold in the US are 1 thread count per size so ussually will be listed as just M3, but if you do need to get some screws take a sample to the store with you.

Hope that helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_case_screws#M3_screw

This screw is the second most common screw found in PCs[1]. This is a metric screw, and just about every case manufacturer provides a package of M3 screws as well as 6-32's. Specifically, the screw type is M3-0.50, meaning the threads of the screws are 0.50mm apart. Normally, M3 refers only to the reference diameter of 3 millimeters, and other industries may use coarser 0.70mm threads - but in the context of PCs, 0.50mm threads are implied.

Don't have a hardware store by your house? That's where I get all my screws from for my computers if I need them. They have all different sizes and material types. They will also tell you anything you need to know about the screws.

I have an ace hardware which is like a 5 minute drive from my house. I'll figure a way to mount them after my finals.

Back