Dialing iPhone from iPad

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
I have all my iPads set up so I can answer and make calls through my iPhone. this is one of those area's where Apple literally has it's shit together and blows everyone else away.

Well, almost. While you can answer incomming calls easily, there is one gaping hole in the system.

The iPad has no dialer.

I now I can use Launch Center Pro and do it that way, but I'd really just like to have a phone icon on the desktop of the iPad like the iPhone does.

Anyone know of an app that does this?

Everything I've found is for Voip, some sort of free calling system, etc...

I don't have an iPad anymore so I can't test this. But try using the FaceTime app. In the FaceTime app on iPhone obviously you can choose of course to do FaceTime video or audio but you can also choose to just call them using the phone. All three options are available when you bring up a contact. And also when entering a number.

In theory if your iPad is networked with your phone it should give you the same functionality.

It works :)

Ya just gotta put up with yer ugly mug the whole time :)

It works :)

Ya just gotta put up with yer ugly mug the whole time :)

Should be able to turn that off to by perhaps selecting FaceTime Audio before selecting just making a call? But it's nice to "know" that Apple has this functionality built in. I sort of knew that it would work, because it works this way as well on the FaceTime app on macOS and sort of figured that they would also continue this functionality from iPad to iPhone.

Hmmm... can I call from facetime on the Mac through the iPhone as well?

It is kind of funny when I get a call in my home office and my watch, MacBook Pro, and iPhone all ring at the same time lol

Like the room is blowing up!

Back