Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Been playing on PS5 but want to jump on my pc. Have a 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 100hz. Running a 2070 super and a 5800x3d. Think my 2070 super well hang or is it time to upgrade? I like the eye candy 🤔
My son is running a similar setup and he's on medium settings, running it just fine.

Screenshot005.jpg

It's a OK game but I'm not really impressed so far I played better games 23 years ago but it's good. The problem I have with the game they played it SAFE it feels like a safe game not dying wise but with the overall design feels too safe. It has the typical flaws of any Top Down Action RPG enemies just rush you the special enemies is where the game shines it changes up the pacing. This game is made for a Mage I don't think I would enjoy any other class.

I know I'll like BG3 over this game just due to the pacing with that game plus it's cheaper. V Rising is way more complex and fun than this game....

This game turns your Room into HELL with your PC putting out more heat than a Supernova.

Last edited:
I put my Rogue aside doing Fire Sorcery with Arc Lash also did a Druid I like how big she is but not sure how it would be End Game always transforming into a Bear must suck after a while. I think I'll stick with the Mage because the Rouge just looks boring with the same attacks. The thing I like about the Mage the elementals she casts light up the Hallways.
Yeah, the lighting is really nice. I just hope other classes get light effects at least later on. Hydra was useful in the server slam to just light an area to see better...

I'm playing Ultra highest settings @ 3440 X 1440 res 175hz, and it plays smooth as butter, zero hiccups. My CPU temp ranges in the 40c to 45c while playing.

View attachment 574947

It's a OK game but I'm not really impressed so far I played better games 23 years ago but it's good. The problem I have with the game they played it SAFE it feels like a safe game not dying wise but with the overall design feels too safe. It has the typical flaws of any Top Down Action RPG enemies just rush you the special enemies is where the game shines it changes up the pacing. This game is made for a Mage I don't think I would enjoy any other class.

I know I'll like BG3 over this game just due to the pacing with that game plus it's cheaper. V Rising is way more complex and fun than this game....

This game turns your Room into HELL with your PC putting out more heat than a Supernova.
Just cap your FPS to something lower and it will cut the heat down a lot. And/or lower a few settings.

I'm playing Ultra highest settings @ 3440 X 1440 res 175hz, and it plays smooth as butter, zero hiccups. My CPU temp ranges in the 40c to 45c while playing.
Don't you have to select DLSS under that that option instead of the Ultra High? Also, what cpu cooler do you have?

Don't you have to select DLSS under that that option instead of the Ultra High? Also, what cpu cooler do you have?

I never run DLSS, hate that stuff. But is it somehow enabled by accident? I just have the preset for Ultra / Highest on, and scrolled down the list which shows every setting maxed out.

Kraken Elite 360 CPU cooler​

View attachment 574947

Yes, I noticed the heat output while running the game. I had to turn on my ceiling fan, the room was cooking and I had the door open and Air on...

Just cap your FPS to something lower and it will cut the heat down a lot. And/or lower a few settings.
I'm capped at 60 FPS due to the cheeze nature of the TV I'm playing it on (can't argue, I paid 200 bucks for a 55" 4K). It's still dumping an assload of heat into the room. Not even Cyberpunk does that...

I'm capped at 60 FPS due to the cheeze nature of the TV I'm playing it on (can't argue, I paid 200 bucks for a 55" 4K). It's still dumping an assload of heat into the room. Not even Cyberpunk does that...
Probably need to lower a few settings then. I'm on high settings @ 1440p (3080) getting fps in the 100-200 range and heat output seems pretty normal. Get more from jedi survivor/DS remake.

Probably need to lower a few settings then. I'm on high settings @ 1440p (3080) getting fps in the 100-200 range and heat output seems pretty normal. Get more from jedi survivor/DS remake.
I had everything maxed on Jedi Survivor + RT and my room never got hot. This game just cranks the heat out like crazy. I am running all settings maxed, it never drops below 60fps. If I'm still playing this upcoming winter it will be a nice space heater.

I never run DLSS, hate that stuff. But is it somehow enabled by accident? I just have the preset for Ultra / Highest on, and scrolled down the list which shows every setting maxed out.

Kraken Elite 360 CPU cooler​

It's enabled by default on NVIDIA cards when you start the game the first time. It's under a separate category in the options called "Performance" in the Graphics tab. I'm pretty sure that setting isn't tied to the Quality presets.

It's enabled by default on NVIDIA cards when you start the game the first time. It's under a separate category in the options called "Performance" in the Graphics tab. I'm pretty sure that setting isn't tied to the Quality presets.

Is that a setting option in the nVidia CP? Or in game setting.

I want that off.

Is that a setting option in the nVidia CP? Or in game setting.

I want that off.
In the game. Graphics tab, Performance category. The resolution scaling and temporal AA options are also there. If you enabled DLAA in the game, it will turn off DLSS automatically.

I had everything maxed on Jedi Survivor + RT and my room never got hot. This game just cranks the heat out like crazy. I am running all settings maxed, it never drops below 60fps. If I'm still playing this upcoming winter it will be a nice space heater.
Jedi Survivor is poorly optimized for PC and doesn't stress your video card. With Diablo 4 the best suggestion is to cap frames if you're using a monitor with a high refresh rate.

Jedi Survivor is poorly optimized for PC and doesn't stress your video card. With Diablo 4 the best suggestion is to cap frames if you're using a monitor with a high refresh rate.
I don't have a high refresh monitor. Just 60 FPS. I think the discussion wasn't so much that we were complaining about the heat as we were just stating that it was a factor.

Been playing on PS5 but want to jump on my pc. Have a 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 100hz. Running a 2070 super and a 5800x3d. Think my 2070 super well hang or is it time to upgrade? I like the eye candy 🤔
It will run fine

So again, what are the recommended settings for the best graphics? Ultra or DLSS? I thought the DLSS was highly recommended.

So again, what are the recommended settings for the best graphics? Ultra or DLSS? I thought the DLSS was highly recommended.
DLAA if you want the highest quality. DLSS is recommended if you need to improve your framerate with minimal loss in image quality. If you're not having performance issues, then DLAA will greatly improve the image quality with minimal performance impact.

I've got the fast enough computer. I want the highest quality best image

Quality preset ultra
Nvidia DLSS Off
HDR enabled

I'm not a big fan of Nvidia filtering like DLSS I much rather use the brute force method of just having a fast rig to power the game at max settings with no trickery.

Do I have this correct?

Quality preset ultra
Nvidia DLSS Off
HDR enabled

I'm not a big fan of Nvidia filtering like DLSS I much rather use the brute force method of just having a fast rig to power the game at max settings with no trickery.

Do I have this correct?

I've got HDR on in W11, and had it on in-game. It looks washed out. Never looked right in the beta either, so I turned it off. On a CX48. Never saw the panel show it was being toggled for HDR either so I may have a setting wrong somewhere.

Quality preset ultra
Nvidia DLSS Off
HDR enabled

Do I have this correct?
If you can run a game native resolution and the game supports DLAA - Use it. It's an amazing technology.

Back