Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

At the rate I'm going, my char will be lvl50 before I can find the stupid crushed beast bones to upgrade the potions. I've tried searching interwebs for clues for where to farm them, and so far, I've come up empty handed every time. Having almost 1000 life points and only 5 80 health pts potions is beyond stupid at this point.

Outside of that little annoyance, the game is fairly enjoyable...

At the rate I'm going, my char will be lvl50 before I can find the stupid crushed beast bones to upgrade the potions. I've tried searching interwebs for clues for where to farm them, and so far, I've come up empty handed every time. Having almost 1000 life points and only 5 80 health pts potions is beyond stupid at this point.

Outside of that little annoyance, the game is fairly enjoyable...
"To get Diablo 4 crushed beast bones, you must farm kills on animal-like enemies and Werebeasts. Unfortunately, it’s only a random chance that the item will drop from any of these enemies, so your best bet is to find a group of animal enemies and keep eliminating them until you get enough of this valuable resource."

Somewhere I read. I just got to 30 and need these as well.

and then here -

"To get Diablo 4 crushed beast bones, you must farm kills on animal-like enemies and Werebeasts. Unfortunately, it’s only a random chance that the item will drop from any of these enemies, so your best bet is to find a group of animal enemies and keep eliminating them until you get enough of this valuable resource."

Somewhere I read. I just got to 30 and need these as well.

and then here -

Found this in the comments of one of the vides... will give this a shot...

"Quickest way is to seek an elite called Gasbar stilbian. He is to the left of the Whispering Pines Dungeon in Scosglen, Near a small clearing with a lava entrance. Guaranteed 5 drop."

"Quickest way is to seek an elite called Gasbar stilbian. He is to the left of the Whispering Pines Dungeon in Scosglen, Near a small clearing with a lava entrance. Guaranteed 5 drop."
Perfect! On my way!

I just beat him - got 10 bones from it - he was bugged too lol didn't even move.

1685821264416.png

So got to ask, hows the stability over all?

I passed on this one for now cause of past launch issues, was great they did the load testing and stuff, but was still thinking "this is going to be a gong show probably with connection issues, server issues, weird bugs..."

Or did Blizzard finally get this one right for launch?

Playing a WW barb. Having a blast
This is me, every Diablo I have ever played, I am always a barb, just something about being the beast to take crap tons of damage from anywhere and be able to rush in like a mad man (woman) and just start swinging. The initial grind often sucks cause of limited damage, but once you get built up...

I passed on this one for now cause of past launch issues, was great they did the load testing and stuff, but was still thinking "this is going to be a gong show probably with connection issues, server issues, weird bugs..."

it's been solid for me but the real test when everyone gets access. right now it's head start only.

I've encounter a few dungeons where the game gets stuck on the loading screen. Alt+F4 is the only way out.

Rubberbanding is pretty common in the populated areas as well, at least for me. But overall, it's been pretty solid.

Reactions: w35t
like this

Surprisingly, very minimal issues

There are issues logging in at the moment.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/main-thread-queued-for-game-long-loading-screens/27064
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1665069466282250240?cxt=HHwWgMDSgfL2wZsuAAAA

I caved and payed the 20 dollars. Picked up a 7900 XTX yesterday from another forum user and had to see it play this game. Only level 16 but planning on playing a lot tonight. Hit 21.5 gigs of vram allocated with max settings. I'm not sure what it's doing but it wants that amount of space for whatever reason.

Pretty major heads up on the graphics settings. There's a slider for "Sharpness" that defaults to 6. Turn that up to atleast 30, I have mine around 40 or so and the textures look so much better. There's actually a ton of detail in this game you won't see with it turned down that low.

ya. I'm not paying $90 for a PC game. I have a hard time justifying $70. XD

By the time I get my current character more complete and second character up and geared in Last Epoch, maybe the price will have come down.

Four things that's a little lackluster IMHO.

Life on hit <~ Not in D4 - I loved that stat
Crafting - <~ can't make gear anymore
Character Profile <~ in D3, you could see how many kills you did with each toon and it's not here anymore.
Stun/CC abiilities <~ As a sorc, doesn't matter what element you want to focus on(Fire, frost or electric), the only CC ability is Frost Nova.... I don't get that.
They need one for each element I feel.

Other than that - so far I'm digging this.

Dude, what the hell. Someone on reddit posted that if you buy any platinum from the cash shop you get let right in. I said fuck it, and tried it with 1.99 purchase and man, right in no queue whatsoever.

Same here, played fine all day off and on until about 3pm EST. Lame.

I just tried to get back in and got dumped into a 43 min queue. WTF happened? I was logging in and out with no issues yesterday and today.

Dude, what the hell. Someone on reddit posted that if you buy any platinum from the cash shop you get let right in. I said fuck it, and tried it with 1.99 purchase and man, right in no queue whatsoever.

Testing this theory.

1st time. Didn't work. Did same amount. Queue was < 1 min. Stuck at pending.

Rebooted computer. Bought same amount again. In 20 min queue.

<conspiracy theory>
Toe works for Blizz!
</conspiracty>

I was playing about 45 mins ago PST with no problems... I did get the 99$ version just for the battle pass. said Yolo

1st time. Didn't work. Did same amount. Queue was < 1 min. Stuck at pending.

Rebooted computer. Bought same amount again. In 20 min queue.

<conspiracy theory>
Toe works for Blizz!
</conspiracty>
Against my better judgment I also tried this BS in vain.

I was playing about 45 mins ago PST with no problems... I did get the 99$ version just for the battle pass. said Yolo
Log out and then back in.

Playing is fine, it's getting in. BlizzCS posted they are "looking into it"

We purchased it through battle.net not in game. Not sure if that makes a difference. But man, it was instant. Not even a queue screen. This was on 2 separate machines.

And I'm in.... I was at 20 minute queue... then it logged me in about 2-3 minutes later.

Back