Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Oh crap.. welp I was only able to pre-load apparently because I got the standard version which unlocks on the 6th...and is also 70 freakin bucks.. unless I wanna upgrade to the deluxe edition for another 10 bucks.. I find their level of "cash grab" disturbing.

I played all three betas so not in a giant hurry i reckon and still have a lot of Hogwarts Legacy left.

Farthest I can get is creating a character. After that it freezes or gets stuck at “Queued for Game, Start Game Pending”. I gotta work in the morning so I'm about to give up and watch something. #$&%$^&#!!1

Storm knocked out power for me so wasn't in until about 30 minutes after start and had to wait about five minutes in the queue.
Still a stuttering rubber banding mess for me.

That is such BS Blizzard had plenty of time to fix it unless it's non fixable. Refunds can only be had within the first 3 days of purchase. Not sure if dropping settings would fix it like in the Betas.

Last edited:
That is such BS Blizzard had plenty of time to fix it unless it's non fixable. Refunds can only be had within the first 3 days of purchase. Not sure if dropping settings would fix it like in the Betas.
We've gone over this time and time again, Blizzard never tells truth. NEVER EVER!

Ah, shit it has been a long time since I've played the D3. I almost don't even know how to play this game...

There are a lot of options and builds. Any advice how progress in the game and what to focus?

Other than that, it's freaking great and I will definitely have to put some serious time on it.

Finally got in. 4k maxed DLAA no DLSS 120hz. Holy fucking VRAM batman...
20230601_223526.jpg

Sorry for phone pic. HDR screenshots are wonky.

My Xbox controller acts weird with this game. The A button brings up the chat window randomly and doesn't attack? I changed a controller setting in Steam recently and the controller lights are different. Gonna revert that and hope that was just some weird glitch.

Ah, shit it has been a long time since I've played the D3. I almost don't even know how to play this game...

There are a lot of options and builds. Any advice how progress in the game and what to focus?

Other than that, it's freaking great and I will definitely have to put some serious time on it.
Since respect is pretty cheap (at least at lower levels), just spec around whatever good weapons you find for the first half of the grind. You should start seeing what skills you want to try later on.

Having already played both betas I am still not a fan.... Its just too D3/Immortal to me. The itemization/skills sucks and feels like its on rails. Whatever happened to searching 30 minutes for the maggot lair? I'll stick with D2R and the randomizer mod.

I drove to work and saw my schedule I was ah damn I work at 11:00. Game runs flawless on my PC no rubberbanding or anything like the 1st Beta.

sent in a clan request player name is fxceptioN or percY for bnet tag whatever it shows.

Finally got in. 4k maxed DLAA no DLSS 120hz. Holy fucking VRAM batman...
View attachment 574063

Sorry for phone pic. HDR screenshots are wonky.

My Xbox controller acts weird with this game. The A button brings up the chat window randomly and doesn't attack? I changed a controller setting in Steam recently and the controller lights are different. Gonna revert that and hope that was just some weird glitch.
Ultra textures are no joke! I bought a 7900 XTX off of a forum member basically for this game lol.

Any consensus on how much vram we need per resolution for the high res pack?

Also, can it be enabled/disabled in settings?

Any consensus on how much vram we need per resolution for the high res pack?

Also, can it be enabled/disabled in settings?
I have a basic 3080 and it played with only one microstutter the hour I got to play. Take that for what it's worth

My only minor gripe is that I wish the skill tree was a bit bigger with better artwork - similar to D2 I guess. Pretty minor complaint though

Last edited:
Got to level 20 - had a blast. Rolled a frost sorc for now.

Loving every minute of it. I did have one encounter with a dungeon boss where frames dropped all the way to about 10 fps for maybe a few seconds. Other than that, game has run flawless.

Apparently there was a bug in the console version, where none of them could get in unless you bought platinum currency. So, I promised a group I would play with them, but that wasn't found out until about 2 hours in, so restarted about 2 hours in. Blizzard really needs to issue some refunds to console users.

Saw 4 more people request an invite to the clan. We accepted them all, so check your clan page to accept the acceptance. 3 of them didn't match your [H] name, though, so give us a shout out to let us know who you are!

Oh the generations that swore they'd never turn into their parents. "Who the hell is Madonna? Paula Abdul? I can't believe Pepsi and Coke are going for these no names"
Even if you don't listen to pop music, Halsey has sold a shitload of records and isn't exactly some kind of recluse. BTS is one of the biggest artist in the world and their music has been in all sorts of shit. Was Blizzard supposed to get Poison or AC/DC or Pearl Jam or would Cattle Decapitation and the Insane Clown Posse be more appropriate?
Dude, who the hell cares ?

Saw 4 more people request an invite to the clan. We accepted them all, so check your clan page to accept the acceptance. 3 of them didn't match your [H] name, though, so give us a shout out to let us know who you are!
Sent a request. Defense

Clan is up. Wouldn't let me do anything like [H] is hell or something fun.... had to go with HARDFORUM IS HELL clan tag is HOCP

Whoever is on now try to join so I can give you rights to approve people throughout the night. Okay nevermind you just set it so anyone can invite etc

Char. name is Trooper

Make sure after you request that you go back and accept our accept. Kind of annoying, but that's how they set it up lol

Ok, against my better judgement, I CAN'T resist....

Is there any real advantage to getting the Ultimate over the Deluxe edition?? (outside of cosmetics - which I could care less about)

Thanks and looking forward to joining the clan this afternoon!

Last edited:
Didn't bother playing any of the beta/tests/whatever.

I'm honestly fairly impressed with this game, and the release. Game runs great. No crashing. I haven't seen any server issues.

Loving the art style this time around. The cartoony style of Diablo 3 I was never a fan of.

And damn, that intro cinematic was awesome.

Last edited:
Make sure after you request that you go back and accept our accept. Kind of annoying, but that's how they set it up lol

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. A buddy requested me to join his clan, he went offline and then I popped on, accepted and was in the clan instantly.

Is there any real advantage to getting the Ultimate over the Deluxe edition?? (outside of cosmetics - which I could care less about)

Not really, other than getting a free 20 tiers boost when the battle pass comes out. Battlepass comes with deluxe, so you're only saving a handful of hours of gameplay from unlocking those 20 tiers.

Just go deluxe.

Besides cosmetics, I don't think so. I haven't read up on the battlepass advantage if any. Premium battlepass and (includes a Premium Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock plus 20 Tier Skips and cosmetic).
Not sure what that all entails. I'm sure someone will be around to enlighten us

Typical battle pass would be that non-paying people get access to like 10/100 items. Full paying get the full tree, etc.

Sweet. It freezes right at the Blizzard logo and crashes. Rebooted. Up to date drivers, scanned and repaired, made sure it was opened up to the firewall. Same thing.
I've had problems launching also. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

Back