Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Like panel size or resolution? Because the only way to see more is to go 21:9.
Yes, I'm aware. I have been thinking of something in a 34" 3440x1440 for a bit. The comment was really a tongue in cheek response to acquire something I don't need for a game.

Yes, I'm aware. I have been thinking of something in a 34" 3440x1440 for a bit. The comment was really a tongue in cheek response to acquire something I don't need for a game.
I'm in the same boat. Reeeeaaaalllly want 3440x1440 but I'm all over the place with what I actually want from it. The game looks amazing in 21:9 with the standout, unfortunately, being 3840x1600. That shit is expensive, though, lol

Guess I'll end up grabbing this. I'll wait a week or two after release. Been playing Last Epoch. Its fun, but the end game monoliths are starting to grind away. The crafting is awesome though. I'm constantly building new gear.

There's no real sword and board class is there? The other specs I like are almost like totems. Drop AI to fight the AI while I loot and dodge. There such a class here?
Druid companion build.

Just curious, show of hands: how many people deemed it worthy of the $20 upcharge from $70 to $90 to get "up to" 4 days of early access (plus Battlepass and whatever else comes with it)?

I know I'm going to preorder but I'm having a hard time convincing my cheap ass to pay an extra $20 for 4 days early access.. I don't care about the cosmetics that come with it tbf, and I'm not 100% sure what the included battlepass actually means b/c I r dum dum.

Save the cash then. Wait for the day 1 patch.

I did it as a bday present to myself, or so I justify it. I'm a proponent of wait for release before purchase, but it's been tradition for me and my friends to pre-order Diablo games, get drunk and clear cow level

Just curious, show of hands: how many people deemed it worthy of the $20 upcharge from $70 to $90 to get "up to" 4 days of early access (plus Battlepass and whatever else comes with it)?

I know I'm going to preorder but I'm having a hard time convincing my cheap ass to pay an extra $20 for 4 days early access.. I don't care about the cosmetics that come with it tbf, and I'm not 100% sure what the included battlepass actually means b/c I r dum dum.
I don’t usually pay for head starts, debating for it on this game but I will probably just wait for the normal release date.

I did it for the cosmetics and battle pass. The four extra days were just a bonus. I am looking forward to next weekend now though.

I value my time and the things I choose to do in that time. I haven't been this excited for a game in forever and rarely get to treat myself to unabashed escapism anymore. Fuck yeah I'm playing it early.

I only did because I'm getting married on the 10th and our honey moon is right after. So I wanted to play as much as I could before then :)

Untitled.jpg

The game is going to have a 10 year lifespan so no hurry. I'll probably be gone while Diablo 4 servers are still up or quit gaming.

Reactions: Xrave
like this
So are you expected to buy this battle pass thing every three months? is that how this works?

So are you expected to buy this battle pass thing every three months? is that how this works?
If you don't want the cosmetics in the premium tiers, then no. The important thing for me about seasons is the passive bonuses you unlock, which you can unlock without spending a penny.

If you don't want the cosmetics in the premium tiers, then no. The important thing for me about seasons is the passive bonuses you unlock, which you can unlock without spending a penny.
Ah, so the battlepass is cosmetics only then? My only experience with battlepass was a Call of Duty game a few years back that really never made any sense to me.

Do they carry over to your main character in the Eternal Realm?

Of course, my computer overheated last weekend once. Everything was running fine since then, and overheated today and didn't post.

Went to Microcenter, and just spent a fortune on replacement parts. If it was just the CPU, that would have been fine, but the error code was that the RAM couldn't be initialized. Ordered a new MB, Processor, RAM, and AIO, and hopefully it will be ready for the first day. I'll give what can be salvaged to my nephew.

An extra 20-30 bucks for 4 days??

That's mighty hardcore fellas. *respect*

I won't condone or condemn, but IMO $70+tax for the "base" version is already pretty outlandish....

Yeah. I really liked the beta more than I expected, but no way am I preordering.

Back