Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Necro def got a nerf wow.. but I got the first boss in one shot.

Q: So for the max foreground and max background FPS settings.. with a 4090 and g-sync and a 120hz display should I lock those both at 120 or just under 120? or something else? I have 120 now and seems ok but I have seen some little stuttery IQ anomalies during cut scenes.. just wondering.

So far though feels more polished. but my skeles get wiped so easy by bosses. wow. I have to save those corpses and bob \ weave more lol

Damn this game looks way better in this beta. HDR is working properly. Using between 18-20GB of video memory at 4k, thats with DLSS set to quality too.

Get a solid 120fps. Wow im impressed.

Dude, wow. Blizz may have finally cracked the code here on how to launch a highly anticipated game. No queue, logged right in. Looks amazing. Good character customization. If the gameplay is good and theres not woke BS, day 1 buy for me.

Damn this game looks way better in this beta. HDR is working properly. Using between 18-20GB of video memory at 4k, thats with DLSS set to quality too.

Get a solid 120fps. Wow im impressed.
Yeah looks very good.. the detail is impressive. did you lock max foreground and background at 120? so far that's been good but just wondering

edit: using 21k memory with ultra 4k rn.. game is smooth with some minor hitching during cut scenes...

You have to toggle it on, that's the standard setup. There should be three sliders. I just turned the black level all the way down, brightness around 800ish and cranked the whitepoint. No performance issues anymore for max texture res. I'm running the game at ultra 4k and it's smooth except for when it goes into and out of cutscenes.
Thanks for the heads up. I did toggle it on right away, but I wish it would have prompted me to calibrate again so I could adjust the other two settings. One thing I noticed is the specular reflections in the game seem a bit too strong at times. Maybe proper calibration will help with that though.

Game seems pretty solid; it's like the experience of playing DII for the first time many years ago.

Yeah looks very good.. the detail is impressive. did you lock max foreground and background at 120? so far that's been good but just wondering

edit: using 21k memory with ultra 4k rn.. game is smooth with some minor hitching during cut scenes...
I actually hard lock my FPS at 117. Its the most optimal for this Oled TV.

Game is using anywhere from 14.5 gb of VRAM to 15.3 GB in my playthough, 4k ultra. Waiting for ashava and going to bed. My system memory hit over 19 gb.

Edit: Oh rip Ashava isn't available until tomorrow :(

Edit 2: My concerns still remain regarding the dungeons being kind of shit, but everything else seems fairly solid. The gear is nonsense, I can't tell if its that there's too many throw away stats or I just don't care about them. I'm likely going to pick up a copy at some point, probably not at launch. Still want to see how the season pass thing will go and if there's any P2W mechanics. I'm guessing I'll wait til season 1.

Last edited:
I know this is a dumb question, but how are the controls in Diablo 4? Is it still click to move like past games or can you use wasd then number keys for abilities, aiming with the mouse now? Thanks!

I know this is a dumb question, but how are the controls in Diablo 4? Is it still click to move like past games or can you use wasd then number keys for abilities, aiming with the mouse now? Thanks!
Yeah it's the same as d3 basically in terms of controls, except, you can use a controller now as well and it's seamless to transition between KB/M or controller. I could definitely see myself sitting back and playing wtih a ps 5 controller from time to time.

Yeah it's the same as d3 basically in terms of controls, except, you can use a controller now as well and it's seamless to transition between KB/M or controller. I could definitely see myself sitting back and playing wtih a ps 5 controller from time to time.
I didn't play d3 :). So it's wasd based? Controller would be nice for when I just want to kick back and farm.

This is good to hear as I'm gonna be playing this quite a bit on my upcoming ROG Ally. I'm not a console player and used to a mouse and keyboard.

First time with d4 tonight. Good so far I'll go over the ups and downs for me :
-Good combat feel. Nice impact and smooth. A+
-Really nice visuals/graphics.
-Performance is A+

-Camera seems zoomed in and I can't help but recall Diablo immortal and wonder if it's found its way in here.
-Voice acting and cut scenes don't seem up to par for blizzard so far.

Not sure what's going on but my wireless Xbox controller isn't working correctly. Cursor from right stick goes off game screen and hitting A to add an ability just opens up the chat screen...

back to m & kb

I enjoyed the previous betas but everything since then has put me off from the game.

Never cared much for seasons and it seems like D4 is leaning heavily into them. Was also disappointed with how vague they were in the recent dev stream about season features.
No battlepass at launch (battlepass is also season only), no season for 6 weeks, no leaderboards for at least 6 months.
All the nerfs today.
Low level cap, no endless dungeons.

This is definitely not a day 1 purchase for me anymore. Don't see enough here to justify it yet, as a Diablo game. A basic story mode with ~100 hours of content is incredibly weak for a game like this.
Blizzard expects to recycle the same content every 3 months with a new season, but without leaderboards, why bother? I have a feeling within a month or two after launch, including into S1, you're going to see a lot of complaints about boredom.

Will definitely check it out again once season 1 starts to see what they actually add, maybe it'll be worthwhile. It makes sense to start the game with the most content available.

Last edited:
The necro is a lot more work now lol. Better balanced but having to res my army constantly.. It's like Fortnite lol. I have to build up my wall.

Warrior still sucks because the gameplay is dull and I guess having a two handed weapon is for decoration?
Necromancer skeletons are weak and the normal necromancer spells so far suck and boss battles are horrible without skeletons.
Sorcerer with lightning is actually fun but I did that to level 20-whatever last beta.

If anyone else is having issues with keybinds and/or a controller, it's related to Nvidia's GeForce Experience. Some people have had luck simply turning off the overlay (I keep that permanently off), but others have to totally disable the service (NVIDIA FrameView SDK)

Warrior still sucks because the gameplay is dull and I guess having a two handed weapon is for decoration?
Necromancer skeletons are weak and the normal necromancer spells so far suck and boss battles are horrible without skeletons.
Sorcerer with lightning is actually fun but I did that to level 20-whatever last beta.
Sound like the Last Epoch blows D4 away for customization but Diablo is animated better.
Are you trying to solo boses?

Q: So for the max foreground and max background FPS settings.. with a 4090 and g-sync and a 120hz display should I lock those both at 120 or just under 120? or something else? I have 120 now and seems ok but I have seen some little stuttery IQ anomalies during cut scenes.. just wondering.
Foreground FPS is the FPS while playing. Background is like when you are alt tabbed. Can set a lower background FPS so the game still isn't maxing your GPU out when it doesn't need to.

If anyone else is having issues with keybinds and/or a controller, it's related to Nvidia's GeForce Experience. Some people have had luck simply turning off the overlay (I keep that permanently off), but others have to totally disable the service (NVIDIA FrameView SDK)
I'll have to try that. Thank you

Hovered around 8GB for me. It used nearly all of my 16GB of VRAM though. (4096x2160, Max settings)
Seems so sporadic at this point. I was hitting 16gb system ram at 3440 x 1440p, a significant improvement over the 21+ gigs in the prior beta.

Vram hovered around 10.1 vram for my 3080, so I went to medium and it was using about 7.5

I did dip dramatically in towns and then back to my 120 frame cap for my screen

Foreground FPS is the FPS while playing. Background is like when you are alt tabbed. Can set a lower background FPS so the game still isn't maxing your GPU out when it doesn't need to.
Ok thanks. Makes sense… I’ll def dial the bg fps back to default then.

Ugh, playing this morning, then it froze and rebooted. Still working on getting back in. Otherwise, it's been decent play.

Not sure why, but I found the March beta to more fun and exciting. This last beta just isn't engaging me: feels bland, boring, and generic.

Will wait on purchasing.

Back