Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

$25 Accelerated Battlepass lol.
At least the ash things are free only.

Edit: No pre-season battlepass.
No leaderboards until season 3.

Last edited:
1683804306616.png

I'm okay with the battle pass, if it's cosmetics only and expedited progress, whatever... people will run out of shit to do faster and will leave the game, resulting in the rest of us being able to enjoy it at our own pace.

I'm okay with the battle pass, if it's cosmetics only and expedited progress, whatever... people will run out of shit to do faster and will leave the game, resulting in the rest of us being able to enjoy it at our own pace.
Kind of where I'm at.

I haven't been following this much. I have no idea what the official release and all that is. I won't bother with early release or any of it. Let it cool down, then I'll hop in and play. Maybe take a few steps back from Path of Exile.

as for cosmetics or whatever, meh, fine. No different than me hanging a doodad off my truck or flashy mag release button on the rifle. If I spend a couple hours a night doing something I enjoy, sure, I'll buy a little mount or something. there's worse things to do.

Reactions: t1k
like this
I think seasons can be a positive thing. Keeps the devs frosty and always working on new things. I don't expect Diablo IV to be on the same level as POE or as sophisticated, but maybe one day it will get there. Or maybe it will cater to a slightly more casual audience. I don't mind either way as long as it's fun.

Yeah...but nobody gives a crap about those two games lol. Diablo 4 is the cat's pajamas right now.

cp.jpeg

Oh man, Blizz has gone nuts, I wanted to order the D4 CE and they charge 78€ delivery for a 110€ article that does not even include a game, that's not going to happen (btw delivery charges for the last wow expac CE were 15.5€)

Tried contacting customer service but they were unable to help.

Oh man, Blizz has gone nuts, I wanted to order the D4 CE and they charge 78€ delivery for a 110€ article that does not even include a game, that's not going to happen (btw delivery charges for the last wow expac CE were 15.5€)

Tried contacting customer service but they were unable to help.
Apparently it's due to the size of the box. Shipping weight is recalculated to the "volumetric weight" and that is what this shipping company is charging. Apparently it's cheaper if you buy it from the UK store, though not by much. They don't do that with shipping within the US. This person said when they asked, they were told the volumetric weight was over 15kg despite the actual weight being 1.22kg. I want to call BS because there is no way the shipping box is big enough to have that "volumetric weight." At most, the box itself looked to be about 61x11x11 cm.

https://old.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/124lcj5/diablo_iv_limited_collectors_box_delivery_price/

Apparently it's due to the size of the box. Shipping weight is recalculated to the "volumetric weight" and that is what this shipping company is charging. Apparently it's cheaper if you buy it from the UK store, though not by much. They don't do that with shipping within the US. This person said when they asked, they were told the volumetric weight was over 15kg despite the actual weight being 1.22kg. I want to call BS because there is no way the shipping box is big enough to have that "volumetric weight." At most, the box itself looked to be about 61x11x11 cm.

https://old.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/124lcj5/diablo_iv_limited_collectors_box_delivery_price/
Well I found it strange that it was not sold out yet, now I know why (btw that reddit thread is not completely correct, they ship from Spain, not the netherlands) I got some bs reason about duties and VAT which is bs because we are all in the EU and like I said it was not the case for the dragonflight CE. Also I worked in international transport so I have a pretty good knowledge of prices and stuff and no way this is correct unless the D4 box is around 50x40x40cm (btw dragonflight arrived in a plastic flyer thing so not even a box around it)

Anyone in? It's not available yet for me. Ah- looks like I had to force another update...

I fired it up for the hell of it. Looks pretty good and is running fine for me. I can't seem to remap my controls (with either KB/M or a controller) as the game seems to keep remapping everything to a non-existent F13 key. With a controller, it doesn't seem to know what to do at all. Could be related to some crap I have running in the background for work, though. Either way, I mainly wanted to see how the game looks and runs, and it's solid for both. Great sound, too.

I got in for a few and it still has stuttering issues for me. I dealt with it the previous two tests, but don't feel like dealing with it this weekend.
Hope release clears this up.

I fired it up for the hell of it. Looks pretty good and is running fine for me. I can't seem to remap my controls (with either KB/M or a controller) as the game seems to keep remapping everything to a non-existent F13 key. With a controller, it doesn't seem to know what to do at all. Could be related to some crap I have running in the background for work, though. Either way, I mainly wanted to see how the game looks and runs, and it's solid for both. Great sound, too.
During the last beta I was very impressed by the audio as well as the IQ.. It felt really polished in that respect.

Was eventually able to remap my controls by hammering on the keys I wanted (arrow keys for life) before the mysterious F13 key could take effect.
Got in about 30-45 minutes of playtime and I'm digging it. I like the especially dark vibe to things. Looking forward to playing some more.

Skeleton nerf is rough. The first boss you fight at the start wiped all 4 out with a single swing.

edit: They are taking so much damage, at max skeles it would be better to just raise a new one than the 10% healing buff. LOL

Last edited:
HDR looks great. I just did as the game asked on startup and turned the brightness down until I could barely see the logo.

Sometimes that ends up not workout out well in games, but in this case the end result seemed perfect.

Skeleton nerf is rough. The first boss you fight at the start wiped all 4 out with a single swing.

edit: They are taking so much damage, at max skeles it would be better to just raise a new one than the 10% healing buff. LOL
Oh shit.. well that sucks but the necro was op last beta for sure.. I do raise new skeles constantly.. pretty much clean up all dead bodies after me.. and leave some to raise fresh ones during boss fights so maybe it will be ok.. regardless thanks for this information.. I will tuck this away for playing in a bit..

Final boss of A1 is unbeatable because the boss AoE (the bubble thing) instantly kills all your skeletons.
So you have to do about 90% of the fight with no corpses. I guess respeccing out of pet builds for boss fights? idk.

Might be possible if you use Reapers only with the corpse buff and saved as many corpses as possible.

Last edited:
A lot less stuttering, but still some here and there. Better FPS even with most settings maxed / enabled + high res assets. Probably won't upgrade my GPU unless I get an insane deal.

HDR looks great. I just did as the game asked on startup and turned the brightness down until I could barely see the logo.

Sometimes that ends up not workout out well in games, but in this case the end result seemed perfect.
You have to toggle it on, that's the standard setup. There should be three sliders. I just turned the black level all the way down, brightness around 800ish and cranked the whitepoint. No performance issues anymore for max texture res. I'm running the game at ultra 4k and it's smooth except for when it goes into and out of cutscenes.

Reactions: t1k
like this
Screenshot001.jpg

FSR 2.0 4k Quality, shimmer looks fixed. No performance issues native or FSR quality. Quality seems a bit smoother FPS but not super noticeable.

Last edited:
Back