Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Server lag is unbearable. It is as bad as D3 when you push greater rifts except I'm just trying to level to 10. Seems like a great game otherwise!

I haven't had any lag except in Kyovashad in the public beta. The beta last weekend though, that was terrible

Seconded on lag is good this afternoon- they did mention rolling some servers this morning, that might have been it.

Giving up I think. The only achievement I have left that's realistically possible is to kill the world boss in hardcore. I tried earlier, back when it was super laggy, but only one other person was there when I got there with 3 minutes left and the boss at 70%, so I noped out. And it's nearly impossible to get better gear in HC. Events reset all the time in SC, but they barely do in HC. You have to pray other people start events, which is just not happening in HC, so I have no way to gain orbs to gamble with.

Well, ended it on a good note. Though, to be fair, I was carried more with my pitiful contribution, as it was a 2:24 kill of the world boss. Some seriously good players.

asheva.png

Leveled a Necro up to 20 and finished the act with it. Absolute fuckin ezmode leveling compared to the druid. Really fun class though.

My druid very suddenly became bonkers from a few lucky drops. Necro was bat shit from the start.

Does anyone know if legendary items will be able to be upgraded to match your characters level? Or will your legendary become underpowered and have to be farmed for again as you level?

Does anyone know if legendary items will be able to be upgraded to match your characters level? Or will your legendary become underpowered and have to be farmed for again as you level?

They aren't leveling now so I assume that will stay the same.
You can upgrade them a bit to stretch them out a little though. Price gets steep

I think you can use the legendary extractor NPC to remove an affix from a legendary and put it on another. Didn't mess with it all though.

I'm gonna make a new character today and play through Act 1 again to watch all the cutscenes, skipped everything before.

I think you can use the legendary extractor NPC to remove an affix from a legendary and put it on another. Didn't mess with it all though.

I'm gonna make a new character today and play through Act 1 again to watch all the cutscenes, skipped everything before.

You can, but keep in mind you can't reexteact the affix.

Played on the Xbox S since I don't have a gaming PC currently. I was hoping this game might push me to have another reason to build one, but what I want from this game isn't what Diablo is.

Leveled a Barbarian to 20 and one of every class to 10 or so. None of the classes I really loved or kept my attention. By the third time I was already burned out on the starting area which I think contributed to me only getting to 10 or so before quitting. Maybe when an expansion comes out I will pick it up like I did D3 when it went on some sale that included both.

Just sat through all the cutscenes, also did the optional dialog with all the quest NPCs. Much better writing than Diablo 3 that's for sure, in-game cinematic quality is a huge step up.

d4angel.png

Just sat through all the cutscenes, also did the optional dialog with all the quest NPCs. Much better writing than Diablo 3 that's for sure, in-game cinematic quality is a huge step up.

Meanwhile my Necro was walking in with a bright yellow crop top

His first comment made me like yeah maybe I should have worn a suit to this interview

I don't think you understand the way p2w really works. Really it's pay 2 play the game. If at the top level of this game, there is experience or drop rate nerfs that can only be unlocked by paying for a battle pass, then it's effectively a game that is in an otherwise unplayable state unless you pay money.

For some "history" on this, you can look at the D3 launch. That game, it was later found out (through design documents and all the stuff regarding Jay), was designed to take 3 months to reach level cap (read: a terrible grind fest. Today it takes less than 4 hours to reach level cap for reference). They made the Nightmare mode (necessary to play that mode to reach level cap at the time) so painful and grindy with overpowered monsters and incredibly weak and low drop rates it more or less forced people to have to spend money at the real money auction house, which Blizzard got a cut of. The drop rate and itemization was so low that literally any rare that was (IIRC if I'm remembering correctly) item level 62(?) be worth ten real dollars. It took 4+ years, the removal of the RMAH, and an expansion to get D3 from being a flaming trash pile.

I'll tell you this right now, such a game wasn't worth playing unless you were willing to play for 60 hours a week and you were doing so because you were trying to sell rares as a profit (basically turn it into a job and not a "fun" game). That's what p2w looks like in it's real final form. Not just competitive advantage, but necessary to play the game. Diablo Immortal is mimicking this, where gems that literally do not drop in the game, are necessary to progress and upgrade equipment. As well as loot box mechanics for certain gear, where people have literally spent $10k real dollars and still don't gotten all of the drops necessary for a perfect build.

In order to "not participate" in p2w mechanics and not have joy taken from me, the only solution is to not play the game. Simply to not give them my money for a game that isn't 100% fully accessible without spending more money. I'll wait for the game to come out etc etc for there to be any conversation otherwise. But I would much rather er on the side of believing that this will be a trash title at launch rather than the other way around. Blizzard absolutely does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
My god, can everyone just move on from this shit? D4 is not P2W Immortal and they've said as such ad nauseam. They have SO MUCH to lose if people find out that a paid battle pass would have more drops, which, as far as I'm aware, doesn't even exist in Immortal, either. Do you even understand the liability of them not disclosing this in, for instance, any nation in Europe?

You're already so desperate to be a victim of monetization before the game is even out that you've made up stupid ass scenarios in your head. Just don't buy the game FFS

My god, can everyone just move on from this shit?
In the interest of not discussing it, you want to discuss it more?
D4 is not P2W Immortal and they've said as such ad nauseam. They have SO MUCH to lose if people find out that a paid battle pass would have more drops, which, as far as I'm aware, doesn't even exist in Immortal, either. Do you even understand the liability of them not disclosing this in, for instance, any nation in Europe?

You're already so desperate to be a victim of monetization before the game is even out that you've made up stupid ass scenarios in your head. Just don't buy the game FFS
I already stated my buying intentions or lack there-of, so what clarity do you require? Should I also run any and all other purchasing decisions through you?

In the interest of not discussing it, you want to discuss it more?

I already stated my buying intentions or lack there-of, so what clarity do you require? Should I also run any and all other purchasing decisions through you?
I can absolutely reply to how ridiculous your rant is without requiring anymore input. Thanks, byeeeeee

I can absolutely reply to how ridiculous your rant is without requiring anymore input. Thanks, byeeeeee
We can absolutely continue to talk about Activision’s trash monetization without any input from you. Thanks.

Feel free to call a mod if you’d like to cry more about other people’s positions

Last edited:
We can absolutely continue to talk about Activision’s trash monetization without any input from you. Thanks.

Feel free to call a mod if you’d like to cry more about other people’s positions
I want in on this conversation. Would you consider the $15 a month subscription to wow a "pay to play battle pass"? I mean without it your literally capped at lvl 20 and cant trade in game people. Diablo Immortal and hearthstone are much better then that.

Well the lag is still persistent for me, but I finally hit level 20. Really fun game even though I kept disconnecting, rubberbanding, and freezing up for up to 5 minutes at a time. Not sure if I will purchase the game at $70 due to the server issues in relation to my region, North Carolina, but I really love the story and atmosphere of the game. If the internet loved me more it would be a 10/10 experience for me. I keep eyeballing the physical collector's edition. :)

The game runs smooth as butter at 4K as it does at 1080p. I didn't try FSR on my 6800 XT.

So, I finished the demo os a few toons, and I agree with Nyteguard. Love the story, it's almost Warhammer dark. I wonder if any fundies are going to get in a bind over the story, but it's nice that the primes are not the only evil going on.

I want in on this conversation. Would you consider the $15 a month subscription to wow a "pay to play battle pass"? I mean without it your literally capped at lvl 20 and cant trade in game people. Diablo Immortal and hearthstone are much better then that.
You're reaching with this comparison as they aren't the same mechanic. WoW was designed as a demo to hook you in and then paid support for huge expansions and content upgrades unison for all. Diablo charges up front to play, then for some content additions and remains fairly stagnant through its life. The last 6 years of WoW's expansions vs the seasons changes in D3 are not comparable in the slightest.

There are people who think Diablo Immortals was a test to see what Diablo 4 could get away with in the community as far as P2W. Or an option down the road when content expansions grow stale. Will they do that? Who knows. I could see Diablo, once soaked for a while, start monetizing sets or potions of increased drop rate. However until this occurs, I agree it's not worth fretting over.

The ram leak while running at high settings was real amusing to see. D4 was using up to 22GB of system ram, a low of 12GB when at high graphics. At medium it was fairly stable and only using 7-8GB of ram.

Also, I wasn't a fan of the druid's melee gameplay vs the wizard. I didn't try any other classes though.

The Druid needs some work, it felt sluggish. The Rogue was pretty fun, I think its going to be my main when the game launches. Mechanics reminded me of the Demon Hunter from D3 but more tactical. I like how the weapons in the game feel like they have weight behind them, whether small or large.

BloodRaven character 3.jpg

The necromancer is so OP after playing a sorceress ... the only boss I had that gave me any trouble was the butcher (was down to one minion)... I pretty much sliced and diced through all of the others.. I found buffing my skeletal army and blood surge to be highly effective.

189E324C-F19C-41AD-9EDA-C949C1FA0278.jpeg

Last edited:
Based on his is my probability chance of maining a class at game launch:

Rogue (melee) - 60% (felt slower to kill than necro/sorc, I loved how this class runs, plays and looks and I'm all about the looks)
Sorceress - 55% (loved a lot about sorc, it's pretty close to rogue looks wise)
Necromancer - 40% (loved the class but feels like a fun alt since minions are too many)
Barbarian - 25% (did not like the arsenal of weapons on the back)
Druid - 5% (I saw character creation and was like fuck nope)

I did spend a bit more time playing Playstation 5 this weekend and while it works "fine", I feel that the game is a bit tiresome for my eyes. Not sure if it's 60 fps (or is the game at 30?), I'm usually not having issues playing games at even 30 fps, but this was different.
I also did not like that you can't precisely place your attacks, but it can be a curse with mouse and keyboard as I tend to lose the mouse cursor when it's chaos on the screen. Performance is better on Playstation than 4k PC (oced 13900k to 5.8ghz 2-core / 5.6ghz all core), 32gb ddr5 6000mzh, oced 7900 XTX). I encountered quite a lot of microstutters and heavy fps drops.
Hopefully there will be further optimizations and AMD drivers to improve the performance as 7900 XTX currently is about as fast as RTX 3090 in D4.

Going back to D2, Druid has been a chunky boi :)
No, it hasn't.

Original Diablo II Druid:
1679917132801.png

1679917158502.png

Resurrected version is larger, but because he's more muscular:
1679917217526.png

The Diablo IV Druid is just straight up morbidly obese. I avoided playing the class this weekend despite wanting to try it when I saw the character model in game since I was so disgusted by it. I played a Necromancer instead.
Well the lag is still persistent for me, but I finally hit level 20. Really fun game even though I kept disconnecting, rubberbanding, and freezing up for up to 5 minutes at a time. Not sure if I will purchase the game at $70 due to the server issues in relation to my region, North Carolina, but I really love the story and atmosphere of the game. If the internet loved me more it would be a 10/10 experience for me. I keep eyeballing the physical collector's edition. :)

The game runs smooth as butter at 4K as it does at 1080p. I didn't try FSR on my 6800 XT.
I only had issues with lag late Saturday-early Sunday when Ashava was spawning. Sunday afternoon was smooth.
Based on his is my probability chance of maining a class at game launch:

Rogue (melee) - 60% (felt slower to kill than necro/sorc, I loved how this class runs, plays and looks and I'm all about the looks)
Sorceress - 55% (loved a lot about sorc, it's pretty close to rogue looks wise)
Necromancer - 40% (loved the class but feels like a fun alt since minions are too many)
Barbarian - 25% (did not like the arsenal of weapons on the back)
Druid - 5% (I saw character creation and was like fuck nope)

I did spend a bit more time playing Playstation 5 this weekend and while it works "fine", I feel that the game is a bit tiresome for my eyes. Not sure if it's 60 fps (or is the game at 30?), I'm usually not having issues playing games at even 30 fps, but this was different.
I also did not like that you can't precisely place your attacks, but it can be a curse with mouse and keyboard as I tend to lose the mouse cursor when it's chaos on the screen. Performance is better on Playstation than 4k PC (oced 13900k to 5.8ghz 2-core / 5.6ghz all core), 32gb ddr5 6000mzh, oced 7900 XTX). I encountered quite a lot of microstutters and heavy fps drops.
Hopefully there will be further optimizations and AMD drivers to improve the performance as 7900 XTX currently is about as fast as RTX 3090 in D4.
The Series X version felt weird to play, too. It wasn't fluid like D2R and D3 are. I don't know how to really describe it.

No, it hasn't.

Original Diablo II Druid:
View attachment 559828
View attachment 559829

Resurrected version is larger, but because he's more muscular:
View attachment 559830

The Diablo IV Druid is just straight up morbidly obese. I avoided playing the class this weekend despite wanting to try it when I saw the character model in game since I was so disgusted by it. I played a Necromancer instead.

I only had issues with lag late Saturday-early Sunday when Ashava was spawning. Sunday afternoon was smooth.

The Series X version felt weird to play, too. It wasn't fluid like D2R and D3 are. I don't know how to really describe it.

Well, I am wrong. For the life of me, I don't know why I "remember" him being a stout fella, but more because of his clothing than anything else Oh well lol

I hope they erf the Necromancer not going to play one because I played one in Diablo 2
So you guy sick of the game already?

I'm not sick of it. I wished the beta was longer. I grinded from level 7 to 20 yesterday to get the rewards. I didn't really want to progress further than I had necessary to get the rewards. Didn't want all of act 1 spoiled.
I am pretty happy with what I saw.

I was a bit disappointed with diablo 3. The story was good, but it was a single playthrough for me. The world of warcraft style graphics didn't really give me the demons from hell vibe that I was looking for.
It felt like it was missing what Diablo 2 had.

Diablo 4 feels like a sequel to Diablo 2 with features and mechanics fitting for a modern game.
It is what I was hoping it would be when I was playing through Diablo 2 resurrected.

Runs like a dream on my 7950X/4090 desktop. I finished my grind on a 9750H/2070 laptop.. not so good on that. Alot of stutter and meh fps.

I got one char to 25 (sorc) and that's about it. Really kinda wish they had changed the formula up a bit more, it still felt very much like D3. The skill tree could really use a bit of work but they did make it really easy to change your build so you could try everything if you wanted.

Overall I'm just going to wait and see what some of the other areas and later game is like before buying.

Latency issues aside I enjoyed it and am looking forward to release. It isn't perfect but I had fun.
Necro and sorc both to 25. My necro felt OP, and then I got a legendary that gave me more skeletal mages, and then I got my golem and was even more OP.
Both were fun and while they may be OP now we don't know how they will be at endgame and higher difficulty levels.
I expect most classes to be able to mow down the mobs at the lower levels. The barb having some troubles just means the need to tweak that class.

Rogue I had fun with but didn't play much.

The Diablo IV Druid is just straight up morbidly obese. I avoided playing the class this weekend despite wanting to try it when I saw the character model in game since I was so disgusted by it.

Fact. I have to look at fat people all day, last thing I want to do is look at them in a video game.

They want you to play the game right to the release of Diablo V. It'd be a colossal, all-time blunder for them to go back on what they've very publicly detailed, likely damaging Blizzard beyond repair and losing Activision and shareholders a massive amount of money. How does this not register?

You have no reason to apply your p2w fears and conspiracy theories to Diablo 4 until they show otherwise. If your only goal is to complain about things that haven't happened to a game you're not buying then sure, I'll gladly have a mod get this back on track.

Back