Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Played some beta on ps5. I've been playing the Diablo series since 1997 on ps1. So far I think it's great. Nice change. My only complaint is, I feel the camera is a little too zoomed in. I'd like option the see a little further away

Played some beta on ps5. I've been playing the Diablo series since 1997 on ps1. So far I think it's great. Nice change. My only complaint is, I feel the camera is a little too zoomed in. I'd like option the see a little further away
I agree... I wish it had controls for the camera like Grim Dawn.

What is going on with the druid? lol

image.png

I played a few hours last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I don’t like the foraging mechanic but other than that it seems fine.

I’m surprised corpse explosion doesn’t cost any essence but I’m not complaining.

Ah the ol' 30 minute queue and then it says error, wrong version bs.

Lol

Ah the ol' 30 minute queue and then it says error, wrong version bs.

Lol
Everything was good until about 9:30am EST. That's when I started to get the "lobby not available. You have the wrong version."

I wonder if it's region oriented, and Blizzard doesn't realize 80% of the USA lives east of the Mississippi.

Another person stated that perhaps they're just balancing it out for people based on total playing hours, giving exemptions to streamers, while the rest of us who played last week are constantly disconnected.

Alright Lightning Storm is the way to go with Druid, just cast it every 4 seconds to keep max stacks active. Wolf and bear are extremely underwhelming.

Alright Lightning Storm is the way to go with Druid, just cast it every 4 seconds to keep max stacks active. Wolf and bear are extremely underwhelming.
I felt the same way about wolf druid. Didn't try any of the elemental skills, wanted to play a melee druid...

I felt the same way about wolf druid. Didn't try any of the elemental skills, wanted to play a melee druid...
If you find 1 legendary with a good buff on it, you can do an entire build around it lol. All it takes is one good wolf/bear item.

I can't cope with this. Blizz trying to get praise for being inclusive or something. Body positivity or whatever they call it now.

image.png

Yes, Chad looks like... a fatter John Goodman?

Anyways, murdered the world boss with my barb... pretty much did everything now.

World boss was 5 people carrying everyone else... with at least 2 that had to be AFK... while the remainder old-school zerged.

The last bub of health, I think they just stayed dead and the handful of us did the rest. Whirlwind really helped with positioning and I was essentially able to have damage up the whole time.

If you find 1 legendary with a good buff on it, you can do an entire build around it lol. All it takes is one good wolf/bear item.

I can't cope with this. Blizz trying to get praise for being inclusive or something. Body positivity or whatever they call it now.

View attachment 559429
I think its way funnier you give a shit, this is america, being fat is the norm it's not inclusivity to be fat. I honestly didn't even think about it. My problem with the game is that it's shallow as hell and I'm bored playing a weekend beta with 5 characters already. I didn't even bother finishing the necro or the druid (necro has been the best so far) because the first act content is stale already.

Last edited:

View attachment 559429

I like my beefcake ass druid. I know that motherfucker was sweatin lugging my fat ass on the cart.

Comically my pants and boots seem to become invisible every time I log in.

I like my beefcake ass druid. I know that motherfucker was sweatin lugging my fat ass on the cart.

Comically my pants and boots seem to become invisible every time I log in.

Going back to D2, Druid has been a chunky boi :)

Tried playing last night and this morning, was lagging bad, thought it was the servers. It turns out Cox is having issues in my area.

Druid is awesome with a wolf and raven companion build with the staff that gives an extra companion and triples their damage. I killed the Butcher with it.

My Druid went from frustrating to killing elites in 1 second in like the span of 2 levels because of a few lucky legendries. The class is obnoxiously reliant on a legendary to not be shit in beta, it seems. Wolves hit for like 1200+ each during their active. I just run in circles, poison and root the entire screen, and everything dies while the murder wolves go crazy. I think I've seen them hitting for over 2000 at times.

Made a sorceress and she just shreds shit from the get go with zero effort.

"women want me, evil fears me" - my druid

1679791902561.png

Last edited:
My Druid went from frustrating to killing elites in 1 second in like the span of 2 levels because of a few lucky legendries. The class is obnoxiously reliant on a legendary to not be shit in beta, it seems. Wolves hit for like 1200+ each during their active. I just run in circles, poison and root the entire screen, and everything dies while the murder wolves go crazy. I think I've seen them hitting for over 2000 at times.

Made a sorceress and she just shreds shit from the get go with zero effort.

View attachment 559493
Yup. Getting the Druid staff for companions will be my only goal when the game releases.

Yup. Getting the Druid staff for companions will be my only goal when the game releases.

Yeah that was one of them

It's stupidly good - absolutely GIGANTIC difference. That and the one where your wolves turn into warewolves instead.

The wolves hit like twice as hard as my level 6 landslide when I use their active. And there's 3 of them just wailing on something.

Necromancer is OP with corpse explosion. It's just a chain reaction that takes no resources...

What's up with these mini dungeons? I have to run all the way back after I clear it? Wtf

Necromancer is OP with corpse explosion. It's just a chain reaction that takes no resources...

What's up with these mini dungeons? I have to run all the way back after I clear it? Wtf
You can click the blue stairs at the entrance on the map to exit. You can also press "e" end there is an exit option on the emote wheel.

I'm loving what I hear about the beta, though I'm gonna be one of those weirdos and wait for the game to be released to play it

I watched a few gameplay videos and found the viewing angle a little disorienting. It kind of gave me motion sickness. Can the perspective be changed at all? Mind you this is coming from someone who hasn't played any of the former Diablos.

I watched a few gameplay videos and found the viewing angle a little disorienting. It kind of gave me motion sickness. Can the perspective be changed at all? Mind you this is coming from someone who hasn't played any of the former Diablos.
No. the isometric view is what it is. You can zoom in a little bit and then back out.

Server lag is unbearable. It is as bad as D3 when you push greater rifts except I'm just trying to level to 10. Seems like a great game otherwise!

I'm loving what I hear about the beta, though I'm gonna be one of those weirdos and wait for the game to be released to play it
I'm waiting to see endgame impressions and blizzard goes p2w or not. Don't want to drop $140+tax for a pair of copies on a gamble. I never normally pay full price or anything near it for games but I know this one won't drop very quickly anyway, so if I am doing that I want a good game for that money.

View attachment 559429
Druid - Beast on the inside, beast on the outside.

Makes sense.

Back