Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Preloaded yesterday on PS5 and am ready to give necro a try.
I will compare it to last weeks beta and see what plays better, PC or PS5.

Preloaded yesterday on PS5 and am ready to give necro a try.
I will compare it to last weeks beta and see what plays better, PC or PS5.
Both can use the game pad. I heard the console version has access to the kbm as well though? So, outside of UI position, they should be the same game.

Both can use the game pad. I heard the console version has access to the kbm as well though? So, outside of UI position, they should be the same game.
Neither the Series X|S or PlayStation 5 had keyboard & mouse as an option during the early access beta.

The PS blog originally mention kb&m support, but it was removed the following day.

Original post:
https://web.archive.org/web/2022120...expansive-customizable-loot-filled-adventure/

24 hours later:
https://web.archive.org/web/2022120...expansive-customizable-loot-filled-adventure/

I'm not participating in this one wonder how long the Que line will be today :yuck:

Last edited:
So is the Sorcerer more squishy than the Barbarian or doesn't it matter with this game I just want to Tank the World Bosses.

Last edited:
So is the Socerer more squishy than the Barbarian or doesn't it matter with this game I just want to Tank the World Bosses.
Yes. Strength and Dexterity are directly related to your physical defense, and Barbarian gets more equipment with bonuses to those stats. Intelligence governs your All Resist, though, so Sorcerer can take hits from non-physical sources better than Barbarian.

You cannot face tank the world boss in the beta, though, even at level 25. You can probably take 2 hits from its sweeping attack, at most, with the right equipment. If you have some Sorcerers in your group they will be able to help manage hate with you and kite the boss.

My guess is unplayable for first several hours, maybe most of the day. Hope I'm wrong though.
I'm assuming a lot more players this week than last week.

This week, I am going to attempt the HC world boss, but I'm not going to gear up for it until tomorrow. Playing HC in any online game on day one is almost a guarantee of death.

at 36 mins rn... lets gooooo necro this time. I tried at 8:20am and it said no valid license found.. heh

Queues were 90 minutes or longer last Friday when early access went live, so it's a good start.

Got in around 12:30 and randomly kicked out just now. Queue is an hour so might try again later. Tried the Druid, but didn't really click with me.

Overall what I saw in the hour felt like Diablo 3 and Diablo Immortal not that I expected differently. It does confirm these games aren't really for me since I don't care at all about the loot. Loot treadmills and grinds just don't grab me anymore.

First impressions of Diablo IV, I played the Druid. (Is there anyway to make the Druid less fat?)

Game tone is very dark. I felt as though I was playing The Witcher 3 in an isometric view at times. (Not a bad thing). The combat seems alright, a little slow in the beginning or until you fill in some skills. The animations & detail for the Wearwolf were fantastic! The sound design and music are very good too.

Character customization leaves ALOT to be desired. Notifications that the character was "Heavy Breathing" was comical.

Over all I am pleased in the direction of the game, I felt like I was playing an RPG rather than an arcade style "Gauntlet" that Diablo 3 offered.

Attachments

• Diablo IV_2023_03_24_11_46_35_133.jpg
    Diablo IV_2023_03_24_11_46_35_133.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
2 hours into necro and i can say its already say it's way more OP than sorc.
When 1 enemy in a group dies, you can spam corpse explosion and it wipes everything out. Elites go down instantly. Even if you have no corpses your skeletons do insane single target dmg.

I don't know about this... Played for a couple hours and just quit for now. Between the combat (constantly running from attacks, always out of mp and popping potions), the barrage of quests, and what felt like most of my time was spent running from place to place it felt more like a chore than an enjoyable game.

I don't know about this... Played for a couple hours and just quit for now. Between the combat (constantly running from attacks, always out of mp and popping potions), the barrage of quests, and what felt like most of my time was spent running from place to place it felt more like a chore than an enjoyable game.
I mean have you ever played Diablo before? It's been like that for a long time lol.

I'm glad to see they brought back the Hamburger Helper Glove & non transparent map that keeps your character from running while open /s

CMON! How hard is it to make a Gauntlet cursor?!

Anyone else getting error 316719 rn? just kicked out and cannot get back in.. servers probably melting.. Feed those hamsters some Redbull!

It plays more like Diablo 1 & 2, not 3, which I think is a good thing.

made it to lvl 11 on nerco... wow what a fun character, but error 316719 is rampant. Twitter and reddit saying same stuff. I guess people got off work and are crushing the servers now.

^^ no shit.. I got like two... but back in now.

I got serious America Beauty vibes from the red flower pedals coming down scenes..

So the 316719 error (and you are OUT) thing seems to me like a kerb ticket. it expires and there is no choice but to get back in the queue... maybe them trying to rate limit stuff. idk.

necro rox

Anyone else experiencing crashes? Have had the game completely freeze up twice now in the first couple of minutes of gameplay.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and am running a 1080ti.

Anyone else experiencing crashes? Have had the game completely freeze up twice now in the first couple of minutes of gameplay.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and am running a 1080ti.
Turn your textures down to medium, game hogs system memory and vram. It's allocating all 16 GB of my card, and using around 20-24 gb of ram

Is this the entire skill system, does anyone know? The necromancer has no movement skill currently, is this a massive oversight or are there more skills coming?

Didn't like Warebear Druid too much

Figured I'd try another build. Immediately found legendary staff that gives you a bonus companion and adds like 280% to their damage.

The vine companion is like an I win button now.

If I extract its affix and throw it on another legendary, can I extract it again?

Back