Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

No idea. I didn't do anything special. I just went to the locations about five minutes before spawn time and waited with whoever else was there.
Might have been a bug in that case. I kept playing the game after facing the world boss for that 4 hour period.

Is this what the UI looks like or is the screenshot altered/washed out? That, looks, awful and bland. I'm also annoyed that vitality was replaced with "willpower". All the characters John Wick now?
It does look bland, much like a mobile game UI. Replacing Vitality with Willpower doesn't make sense.

Its consistency changes like this that Blizzard constantly gets wrong.

I can't check now, but I swear I saw willpower as an attribute still... (D'oh- I read that backwards)

Last edited:
Is this what the UI looks like or is the screenshot altered/washed out? That, looks, awful and bland. I'm also annoyed that vitality was replaced with "willpower". All the characters John Wick now?
Willpower is common in rpgs and arpgs. As the four stats are also main stats, vitality isn't a necessary stat at all unless you just want large health pool numbers. Even at level 25 you only have a few hundred health, so what benefit would vit have without breaking the game?

Willpower is common in rpgs and arpgs. As the four stats are also main stats, vitality isn't a necessary stat at all unless you just want large health pool numbers. Even at level 25 you only have a few hundred health, so what benefit would vit have without breaking the game?
Purely nostalgia for me. Vit has been in Diablo since the first, seems dumb to change it now. Diablo is established enough it doesn't need to morph into pretending to be like others.

Might have been a bug in that case. I kept playing the game after facing the world boss for that 4 hour period.
As with Seelenlos, I faced and beat it multiple times. You only get the weekly cache for beating it once per week though. I think you just ran into a bug.

That said, I'm going to attempt facing it on HC this weekend, so there's really only two chances, should I die on the first one.

Looks washed out to me. The actual ui though there looks great! Clean and functional!

It does look bland, much like a mobile game UI. Replacing Vitality with Willpower doesn't make sense.

Its consistency changes like this that Blizzard constantly gets wrong.
Willpower didn't replace Vitality. Vitality does not exist in this game. Life comes purely from leveling up, Altars of Lilith, and gear. Willpower increases healing, overpower damage, and resource regeneration on Barbarian and Sorcerer.

This wand is mandatory if you play Sorcerer.

1679583577810.png

You guys playing the 2nd Beta tomorrow? Wonder if it uses your existing install? Going to skip it until June 6th or 3 days before that.

I will try it out since I haven't pre-ordered. There is currently a queue just to log into battlenet to start the pre-load, yikes.

I'll try this out after a month or so after release.

Right now I'm wrist deep in Last Epoch.

You guys playing the 2nd Beta tomorrow? Wonder if it uses your existing install? Going to skip it until June 6th or 3 days before that.
It should, as they've stated your characters will carry over, and there's nothing really new outside 2 new classes. A few people even were lucky enough yesterday when the servers mistakenly went online for a few minutes, to try out the new classes.

I'll finish out the remaining dungeons, world boss, and the last three mystery quests on my 25 barb. After that, I'll try out the Necromancer. Does stash move from character to character?

The necro will decide whether I buy the game or not. I've read some earlier feedback that summon builds are basically limited to a couple skeletons and a golem (like Hunter pets) and the only viable endgame build is Bone.
It basically sounds like a watered down Sorc with a few pets. Although I didn't play D3's necro.

"Diablo IV.exe" -launch -sso true
I'm in the queue. It started at 220 minutes and is going down.

huh interesting yeah with B.Net I could hit play and im in queue 223 minutes

Drop rates are boosted in the beta.

https://twitter.com/RodFergusson/status/1638911812577169409

Probably explains why legendaries were dropping like candy.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the legendaries are super rare drops come live. I have very little faith in the pay stuff to be "cosmetics only". Rather, I totally expect it to be like Call of Duty, another Activision game. I'm betting it will start off cosmetic only, before it becomes a situation where you can purchase an aspect early, or the battlepass will give you xp potions and an xp boost. And a couple seasons later, you'll start to get pay 2 win only aspects appearing.

That's why you'll never see SSF in Diablo, even though tons of people want it. They're going to slowly make the game more miserable to play until you spend money. That's just my 2 cents worth.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the legendaries are super rare drops come live.
I think Legendaries won't be "that rare", it's just a higher rarity drop than "rare". Uniques I think will have the super low drop rate. We know zero about Uniques other than what has been shown by Blizzard though as they can't drop at lower than level cap. So no Uniques are present in the beta.
The game seems to revolve around putting legendary affixes onto other things, so I suspect, balance/itemization wise they will be fairly frequent, though less frequent than what the beta is showing. Maybe 50% or 30% or so of the current drop rate. Maybe down to 1 per hour or 1 per 1.5 hours rather than roughly 2 per hour currently.

Though also things like difficulty level generally also affect drop rates in Diablo games. In D3 at this point in T16 it's possible to get something like 100 legendaries an hour if you're a grinder. We don't have a good understanding yet of end game and how difficulty will affect drop rates either just as another data point.

I have very little faith in the pay stuff to be "cosmetics only". Rather, I totally expect it to be like Call of Duty, another Activision game. I'm betting it will start off cosmetic only, before it becomes a situation where you can purchase an aspect early, or the battlepass will give you xp potions and an xp boost. And a couple seasons later, you'll start to get pay 2 win only aspects appearing.

That's why you'll never see SSF in Diablo, even though tons of people want it. They're going to slowly make the game more miserable to play until you spend money. That's just my 2 cents worth.
EDIT: FWIW, I more or less agree with these statements though. Activision wants to push people spending as much as possible. So I expect that they will have p2w mechanics despite them stating there won't be anything like Diablo Immortal in the game. That's why I haven't purchased the game.

It will be the first Diablo game (other than Immortal of course), that I don't buy. I just don't have faith that the husk of Blizzard will do good faith Blizzard things anymore.

Last edited:
Activision wants to push people spending as much as possible. So I expect that they will have p2w mechanics despite them stating there won't be anything like Diablo Immortal in the game. That's why I haven't purchased the game.

It will be the first Diablo game (other than Immortal of course), that I don't buy. I just don't have faith that the husk of Blizzard will do good faith Blizzard things anymore.
F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F45NChbCd8F9u%2Fgiphy.gif

"Getting people to fork out $69.99 isn't cool. You know what's cool? Getting them to fork out for a battle pass on top of $69.99"

Activision wants to push people spending as much as possible. So I expect that they will have p2w mechanics despite them stating there won't be anything like Diablo Immortal in the game. That's why I haven't purchased the game.

Dude...Just play the game YOU want to play. If it has P2W mechanics, so be it, that doesn't mean you have to participate. Don't let something like that take the joy away from you.

Dude...Just play the game YOU want to play. If it has P2W mechanics, so be it, that doesn't mean you have to participate. Don't let something like that take the joy away from you.
I don't think you understand the way p2w really works. Really it's pay 2 play the game. If at the top level of this game, there is experience or drop rate nerfs that can only be unlocked by paying for a battle pass, then it's effectively a game that is in an otherwise unplayable state unless you pay money.

For some "history" on this, you can look at the D3 launch. That game, it was later found out (through design documents and all the stuff regarding Jay), was designed to take 3 months to reach level cap (read: a terrible grind fest. Today it takes less than 4 hours to reach level cap for reference). They made the Nightmare mode (necessary to play that mode to reach level cap at the time) so painful and grindy with overpowered monsters and incredibly weak and low drop rates it more or less forced people to have to spend money at the real money auction house, which Blizzard got a cut of. The drop rate and itemization was so low that literally any rare that was (IIRC if I'm remembering correctly) item level 62(?) be worth ten real dollars. It took 4+ years, the removal of the RMAH, and an expansion to get D3 from being a flaming trash pile.

I'll tell you this right now, such a game wasn't worth playing unless you were willing to play for 60 hours a week and you were doing so because you were trying to sell rares as a profit (basically turn it into a job and not a "fun" game). That's what p2w looks like in it's real final form. Not just competitive advantage, but necessary to play the game. Diablo Immortal is mimicking this, where gems that literally do not drop in the game, are necessary to progress and upgrade equipment. As well as loot box mechanics for certain gear, where people have literally spent $10k real dollars and still don't gotten all of the drops necessary for a perfect build.

In order to "not participate" in p2w mechanics and not have joy taken from me, the only solution is to not play the game. Simply to not give them my money for a game that isn't 100% fully accessible without spending more money. I'll wait for the game to come out etc etc for there to be any conversation otherwise. But I would much rather er on the side of believing that this will be a trash title at launch rather than the other way around. Blizzard absolutely does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand the way p2w really works. Really it's pay 2 play the game. If at the top level of this game, there is experience or drop rate nerfs that can only be unlocked by paying for a battle pass, then it's effectively a game that is in an otherwise unplayable state unless you pay money.

For some "history" on this, you can look at the D3 launch. That game, it was later found out (through design documents and all the stuff regarding Jay), was designed to take 3 months to reach level cap (read: a terrible grind fest. Today it takes less than 4 hours to reach level cap for reference). They made the Nightmare mode (necessary to play that mode to reach level cap at the time) so painful and grindy with overpowered monsters and incredibly weak and low drop rates it more or less forced people to have to spend money at the real money auction house, which Blizzard got a cut of. The drop rate and itemization was so low that literally any rare that was (IIRC if I'm remembering correctly) item level 62(?) be worth ten real dollars. It took 4+ years, the removal of the RMAH, and an expansion to get D3 from being a flaming trash pile.

I'll tell you this right now, such a game wasn't worth playing unless you were willing to play for 60 hours a week and you were doing so because you were trying to sell rares as a profit (basically turn it into a job and not a "fun" game). That's what p2w looks like in it's real final form. Not just competitive advantage, but necessary to play the game. Diablo Immortal is mimicking this, where gems that literally do not drop in the game, are necessary to progress and upgrade equipment. As well as loot box mechanics for certain gear, where people have literally spent $10k real dollars and still don't gotten all of the drops necessary for a perfect build.

In order to "not participate" in p2w mechanics and not have joy taken from me, the only solution is to not play the game. Simply to not give them my money for a game that isn't 100% fully accessible without spending more money. I'll wait for the game to come out etc etc for there to be any conversation otherwise. But I would much rather er on the side of believing that this will be a trash title at launch rather than the other way around. Blizzard absolutely does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
You don't have to give me the history lesson on Blizzard, I've been playing Blizzard games since Rock n Roll racing.

All, Im saying is pick your battles but don't do just to make yourself feel like you're being the better angel. If you have interest in the game, play it, just don't abide by what Blizzard wants you to do. Who gives a fuck what others waste their money on.

You don't have to give me the history lesson on Blizzard, I've been playing Blizzard games since Rock n Roll racing.

All, Im saying is pick your battles but don't do just to make yourself feel like you're being the better angel. If you have interest in the game, play it, just don't abide by what Blizzard wants you to do. Who gives a fuck what others waste their money on.
If you know the history then perhaps you don't understand it?

I do not want to grind a game for 60 hours a week that gives no drops and is no fun to play unless I spend more money. That is not fun for me. That is inherently a game I am not interested in.

Looking cool is not enough. Having a famous franchise title is not enough. Having a game that is actually fun and doesn't require money is what is necessary for me to buy this game. Until I'm shown that is what this actually is, I will not spend one thin dime on it.

If you know the history then perhaps you don't understand it?

I do not want to grind a game for 60 hours a week that gives no drops and is no fun to play unless I spend more money. That is not fun for me. That is inherently a game I am not interested in.
I understand that Blizzard tries to shoehorn these types of "ideas" into their games and eventually reverts them back due to customer outrage. Like any company they try things to make money, most of the time they don't work in the long term.

Blizzard and Nvidia investigating reports Diablo 4 is killing RTX 3080 Ti GPUs

The Diablo 4 team has been investigating the reports of GPU issues mentioned in this thread and elsewhere online...the team is working closely with Nvidia to identify affected hardware configurations and gather as many data points as possible to assist in the investigation...if your card is still not working, try these troubleshooting steps:

-Conduct a complete power cycle (AC OFF->AC ON) and see if GPU can be detected under Windows
-If GPU can be found under Windows, do a clean driver install

https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-rtx-3080-ti-issue/

Back