Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I'd play if it had a skill tree like this. :D
It kinda does. They obviously copied it. Especially considering the previous games' trees were super basic.

D4_SkillTree.png

It kinda does. They obviously copied it. Especially considering the previous games' trees were super basic.

View attachment 553846
wow, no kidding. world of warcraft they made the trees a bit looser too for people to switch up some.

but that's the type of tree I'd look for.

huh. maybe I'll try this after all. I like Path of Exile, but they really need to trim down a lot of the league mechanics. I've been out of the loop for a few leagues, and would have no idea where to start if I were to jump into the next one.

There a sword and shield class? Barbarian I suppose, but are they 2h?

Looks like the barbarian will actually be carrying/have the ability to carry two different sets of weapons, and dual-wield. I think we are getting a Paladin, however, so there is your shield wearer. Sword likely won't be the best weapon if they follow the old meta, but you'll still have the shield.

There a sword and shield class? Barbarian I suppose, but are they 2h?
At the moment, only Necromancers can equip shields.

I'd honestly be shocked if Paladin wasn't the first class up for the expansions given that they're going for more of the D&D vibe than they have before. The game has a heavy emphasis on the Zakarum church and Crusaders, too, but Paladin feels more appropriate for the world than the cheesy Crusader presentation in D3, though there would be plenty of changes for the class if it were brought to D4. Either way, I have no doubts that a true sword-and-board class is on the horizon, given how much people are already clamoring for it.

Given how gimp and neglected crusader has been in D3, I wouldn't get my hopes up for them in D4.

821414_IMG_20230311_072616736.jpg

I got the Deluxe Digital edition I was going to get the standard game but there is a Mount with the Deluxe edition plus a 4 day head start.
I would play the Beta but both Open Beta a Paid for Beta are both on the weekend. If you get the Deluxe Edition be prepared to pay 94.00 after taxes
I guess the game has Controller Support for PC something Diablo 3 didn't have I guess. I rather play with a controller anyway and use my Valari.

I'm so hyped, the weekend can't come soon enough! :LOL:
Everyone is on pause starting 17th. I might just hit the gym once and then run home.
This will be the only game in 2023 I will dedicate most of my gaming time to. The second one might be Mortal Kombat 12, but that's only when friends show up to have their ass kicked.

I wanted to like it, but DAYM is the double down a salt bomb. But can't wait for the beta!

I wanted to like it, but DAYM is the double down a salt bomb. But can't wait for the beta!
I could actually feel my life shortening when I ate one

Literally a day's worth of sodium in a minute worth of sandwich.

Dying to play D4 is peak metagaming

I could actually feel my life shortening when I ate one

Literally a day's worth of sodium in a minute worth of sandwich.

Dying to play D4 is peak metagaming
It's typically a baking ingredient, that's why the call it "shortening" it's about how much of your life it takes away when you taste all of that delicious fat. Seriously though, I can't remember the last time I ate KFC I'd have to really sit and think about it.

I'm tempted to completely skip the beta for this. It still doesn't release until June. Feels weird they're doing a beta this early, but that's probably because it might actually be a real beta where they fix things instead of what games usually are.

Is the beta going to have the full playthrough of the game?

I'm lazy so I won't double check, but I think it's only the first chapter or two...

Is the beta going to have the full playthrough of the game?

First chapter, to level 20 or 25 for level cap, can't remember, and one world boss.
Devs said during stream that it is a lot of content to get through for a single weekend.
There is a fear of strength achievement that comes with in-game cosmetic for getting all classes to level cap over the course of the two weekends. That's right! Pre-order weekend characters are saved for the full open weekend so that's a big leg up for the feat of strength

I'm tempted to completely skip the beta for this. It still doesn't release until June. Feels weird they're doing a beta this early, but that's probably because it might actually be a real beta where they fix things instead of what games usually are.
It feels better that they're doing a beta this early. It means they actually have time for feedback and changes to the game. Publishers who do a "beta" just a week or two before release is just to build up hype and test servers, at most. It's usually just a marketing stunt to sell more preorders.

For anyone who wants a beta key without preordering, you can buy a Chicken Little sandwich for about $2.50 in the KFC app and they will send you a beta code immediately.
If you choose a pickup time 1+ week away you can cancel the order after claiming the key, but it might vary by store.

For anyone who wants a beta key without preordering, you can buy a Chicken Little sandwich for about $2.50 in the KFC app and they will send you a beta code immediately.
If you choose a pickup time 1+ week away you can cancel the order after claiming the key, but it might vary by store.

People are so fucking cheap

The cost of living is through the fucking roof. Not only are people so fucking cheap, pretty soon, people are so fucking homeless.
People don't actually care as long as it's not them that's homeless. They'd rather turn homeless people into soylent green using an industrial meat grinder than house them using tax money. Hopefully the game is good, chicken sandwiches aside. I'm gonna pre-order it because I've been playing Diablo since the original. If you haven't checked it out yet, the beta of Last Epoch is pretty solid. Feels more like Diablo 2 than a new game though, I really love the crafting and item system. Also, the skill system is kind of cool. I don't like that you feel so locked into one play style though. Either way, I'm having fun playing online.

Early access open beta to sell pre-orders and initial stress testing.
Normal open beta for true stress test and as you said a few months to fix bugs.
With all the closed and upcoming betas I hope it's polished.

I mean, you could have just waited a week for the open beta instead of putting your health at risk...
I need to walk the line between life and death to get fully immersed in the Diablo world

Like Michael J Fox in The Frighteners but with more heart disease
People are so fucking cheap
Literally a line out of the fuckin parking lot any time my local taco bell has a free 69 cent taco to the point that it's backing up into the highway

Does it surprise you that people are cheap as hell

People don't actually care as long as it's not them that's homeless. They'd rather turn homeless people into soylent green using an industrial meat grinder than house them using tax money. Hopefully the game is good, chicken sandwiches aside. I'm gonna pre-order it because I've been playing Diablo since the original. If you haven't checked it out yet, the beta of Last Epoch is pretty solid. Feels more like Diablo 2 than a new game though, I really love the crafting and item system. Also, the skill system is kind of cool. I don't like that you feel so locked into one play style though. Either way, I'm having fun playing online.

Probably shouldn't be playing video games if you're bordering on homelessness. And if they are, you're damned straight, not with my tax dollars. Speaking as someone who lived in an '88 Corolla for a year and a half after county and a handful of misdemeanors, now making six figs and a home owner.
But that's a discussion for the SoapBox.

I went ahead and preordered when it opened because I wanted the silly stuff for DIII and DIV. Last game I pre-ordered was WoW MoP CE box from GameStop.

With spring/summer coming, I'll happily wait until next fall to jump into this iteration. I haven't played any game within 3 months of release since Diablo 3 and it's release mess.

Back