Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Just looks like an updated version of the Diablo III UI, to me.
Yeah, without the Angel and Demon surrounding the Health and Mana Globes.

C'mon Blizzard, thats a Diablo Staple, get your shit together!

they also announced during the livestream that ray tracing will not be available at launch and will come later via a post launch patch...seems like this is becoming the norm as far as RT

they also announced during the livestream that ray tracing will not be available at launch and will come later via a post launch patch...seems like this is becoming the norm as far as RT
RT support will be shit anyway and cut the performance in half. Oh well, if it's a good game who cares? I'm more concerned the gear looks like D3 "number go up" trash.

RT support will be shit anyway and cut the performance in half. Oh well, if it's a good game who cares? I'm more concerned the gear looks like D3 "number go up" trash.

gameplay is always more important but why can't we have both?

I hopped back in D3 for the first time in years to do the last season.

"LOL" does not do justice to the power creep that happened in that game. In about 3 days play time I'm doing GR90+. That is just silly.

I did a D2R playthrough as well. Hoping that D4 falls somewhere in the middle of 2/3 as far as gameplay.

I hopped back in D3 for the first time in years to do the last season.

"LOL" does not do justice to the power creep that happened in that game. In about 3 days play time I'm doing GR90+. That is just silly.

I did a D2R playthrough as well. Hoping that D4 falls somewhere in the middle of 2/3 as far as gameplay.
D3 has been like this for at least 6 years since Torment 11-13 were introduced. Players kept asking for harder Torment difficulties, so the developers got into a cycle of obliging the players while trying to balance the game to the point we're at now. Now we have meta builds that are doing 10+ quadrillion damage in one hit. I hope that doesn't happen to D4. They said they don't want characters to be dependent on critical and set damage, but they've already shown items with things like crit damage +50%.

ggjfg.png

I'd play if it had a skill tree like this. :D

View attachment 552920

I'd play if it had a skill tree like this. :D
THe problem with PoE is the inability to really find much of anything for your character, all of the damn fluff content from all of the prior seasons that hasn't been removed, and the combat is horrendous. Even compared to D2, clearing the screen is so boring. The monsters really have no differentiation you just blast over all of them. In D2 monsters feel different when you engage them based on your class. Don't get me wrong I have 1000 hours in PoE and I loved it, but my time with it is over.

THe problem with PoE is the inability to really find much of anything for your character, all of the damn fluff content from all of the prior seasons that hasn't been removed, and the combat is horrendous. Even compared to D2, clearing the screen is so boring. The monsters really have no differentiation you just blast over all of them. In D2 monsters feel different when you engage them based on your class. Don't get me wrong I have 1000 hours in PoE and I loved it, but my time with it is over.
Ya, I flip between PoE and World of Warcraft. Getting back into PoE can be a pain because you miss two or three leagues and you have no idea what the hell is going on. Its overwhelming.

I totally forgot Diablo is a woman now.. Leah's body right?
First time I've heard the new voice too, I don't recall Diablo speaking in full sentences before. So I guess she'll have actual dialog this time.

First time I've heard the new voice too, I don't recall Diablo speaking in full sentences before. So I guess she'll have actual dialog this time.

That was Diablo 3.

Diablo 4 seems to be no Diablo, but there is always the twist. Not sure how they'll work him in though with his soul stone destroyed

That is Lilith, not Diablo. But yes, Diablo took on a feminine figure after possessing Leah. After the events of D3, Diablo is supposed to be dead for good.

THe problem with PoE is the inability to really find much of anything for your character
THIS, this right here. That has ALWAYS been the problem with POE. There's always been a quantity over quality issue with the game, you never really feel connected to your character because you can never find items that to you make your character what you want it to be. An ARPG without the treasure or the hunt is just boring.

That is Lilith, not Diablo. But yes, Diablo took on a feminine figure after possessing Leah. After the events of D3, Diablo is supposed to be dead for good.
Diablo isn't dead. At the end of Diablo 3 we see pieces of his soulstone scatter throughout heaven when he's defeated. If he's not in the main game I would assume they will have a lead up to bring him back in the expansion to Diablo IV.

Last edited:
Diablo isn't dead. At the end of Diablo 3 we pieces of his soulstone scatter throughout heaven when he's defeated. If he's not in the main game I would assume they will have a lead up to bring him back in the expansion to Diablo IV.

You think we will see some anti-nephalem bringing them together like a set of Dragon Balls and summoning him back?

That's the only thing I can see happening. His soul should be destroyed, but perhaps some kind of evil essence is remaining with the shards of his soulstone

https://www.pcgamer.com/raise-a-gla...est-games-of-2023-having-rec-specs-from-2014/

Minimum specs released by blizzard... Wtf?

"At rock bottom, Blizzard says you'll need an Intel Core i5 2500K or AMD FX 8100 CPU on the CPU side and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280 for graphics. Oh, and 8GB of RAM and 45GB of available storage. That'll buy you a 720p low graphics settings experience at 30 fps. "

I know this is this absolute minimum and it'll be potato mode.. but what the hell? 2014 all over again?

I hope the game looks great maxed out.

You think we will see some anti-nephalem bringing them together like a set of Dragon Balls and summoning him back?

That's the only thing I can see happening. His soul should be destroyed, but perhaps some kind of evil essence is remaining with the shards of his soulstone
That would make the most sense. Maybe an enemy of both Inarius and Lilith we don't know about finds them, or like you said someone who has their own plans. I wouldn't put it past someone within the Horadrim either based on the fact that the organization has become fractured according to the developers.

https://www.pcgamer.com/raise-a-gla...est-games-of-2023-having-rec-specs-from-2014/

"At rock bottom, Blizzard says you'll need an Intel Core i5 2500K or AMD FX 8100 CPU on the CPU side and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280 for graphics. Oh, and 8GB of RAM and 45GB of available storage. That'll buy you a 720p low graphics settings experience at 30 fps. "

I know this is this absolute minimum and it'll be potato mode.. but what the hell? 2014 all over again?

What's the issue? The specs were for extremely specific targets: Minimum (1080p, 720p render resolution, low graphics settings, 30 fps) Recommended (1080p, medium graphics settings, 60 fps) and higher targets and settings will obviously require more.

Also, game informer dropped a new article that has 5 short videos with brand new footage here and it looks way better than the previous builds. The game world looks waaaaay better than it has before.

What's the issue? The specs were for extremely specific targets: Minimum (1080p, 720p render resolution, low graphics settings, 30 fps) Recommended (1080p, medium graphics settings, 60 fps) and higher targets and settings will obviously require more.

Also, game informer dropped a new article that has 5 short videos with brand new footage here and it looks way better than the previous builds. The game world looks waaaaay better than it has before.
It looks better but it's a blizzard game, they always look dated when they come out. The game started development in 2014, no one should be surprised by this. D2R had higher recommended minimums because it started development in 2019 and targeted specs from that time (I think it will have higher quality lighting and assets between the two at least until the implement RT if they ever do).

When Diablo III came out in 2012 the minimum requirements were an Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ paired with a GeForce 7800 GT or Radeon X1950 Pro.

Lol, try to run D3 with that system now on a GR70 with a full party
They updated the requirements when Reaper of Souls was released in 2014. Those requirements are what is currently listed on Blizzard's website. The Pentium D was changed to Core 2 Duo, and the video cards were changed to an 8800 GT or 2900 XT. The CPU and GPU requirements were basically just shifted forward one generation. I still don't think you'll be doing 4-player rifts with that configuration :D

I finally had time to watch the clips from last week. The environment looks so great 95% of the time, and then I notice that every lamp swings like a freshly hit piñata, some of the NPCs are floating, no interpolation between movements (the dog being the best example). I really hope that's just due to it being a dev build and that it'll get cleaned up. It would be a shame to have such nice environments and such random janky bits.

Back