Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I don't want to play it until it's released, I am excited to play though I like what i see.

Yeah not a bot I guess, just a scammer or spammer :p.

Seems like a nice enough fella, but I can't justify more than 10 bucks.

Plus theres Bnet/email creds that I want before payment to verify it's legit....

(Closed Beta ends on the 18th, so it's a week of play)

I conceded. I'm sure someone will pay more. AND I told him as such lol

The warm and fuzzies of not breaking the tos/nda, and helping test out the game?

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Going through PM doesn't get you around rule #16. I thought you needed a minimum number of posts before you're able to use the PM system.

rumored release date: June 5, 2023

Diablo 4 Hands-On Preview: We Played Act 1 and Hit Level 25

One of the first things that struck me in the first couple hours of Diablo 4 was just how much story there is...relative to previous games in the series, you’ll spend a lot of time watching cutscenes of both the cinematic and in-game variety (the former are, per Blizzard tradition, always gorgeous, and the latter are impressively varied in both camera angle and length)

Ultimately, Diablo 4 feels like a massively plussed-up version of Diablo 2, which is the best-case scenario for it, in my book...not that it ignores Diablo 3 – there are clear notes taken from the best of that game too – but tonally and artistically, it leans more heavily into the Diablo 2 playbook...

Last edited:
It's really nothing like that.

Someone datamined the release date as June 6th and which is great because they have a ton of work to do.

Anxious for this as I just completed my first run through D2R and it left me wanting new content. Fingers crossed they don't bomb it.

It's looking so very interesting, but this is the first time I'm not going to preorder. (Well, I found D1 on the shelf in the NEX in Naples).
After Immortal, Blizzard needs to earn my cash.

Cautiously skeptical for this one. For me things it need to do better than D3 are, have a better skill system, better itemization, chill with the 11 zillion damage numbers, have a decent campaign, and fun endgame.

In all honesty there may be like three good writers in the videogame industry so who knows what the hell that means.

From what I've played there were quite a few side missions that were dark as fuck or just pretty interesting in what they added but I felt like the stories I heard fit in the game really well. That usually bodes well for the main story but we'll see. I fully expect her to be a run-of-the-mill antagonist but I'm hoping to be surprised.

In all honesty there may be like three good writers in the videogame industry so who knows what the hell that means.

From what I've played there were quite a few side missions that were dark as fuck or just pretty interesting in what they added but I felt like the stories I heard fit in the game really well. That usually bodes well for the main story but we'll see. I fully expect her to be a run-of-the-mill antagonist but I'm hoping to be surprised.
In this case I think he is one of the good ones. He was creative director for The Witcher 3 and lead writer on Cyberpunk 2077. The fact that Blizzard employees implied he is a poor writer is hilarious.

In this case I think he is one of the good ones. He was creative director for The Witcher 3 and lead writer on Cyberpunk 2077. The fact that Blizzard employees implied he is a poor writer is hilarious.
Oh, that's interesting. A few stories in 2077 were memorable but none moreso than River's arc. I'd laugh if he was actually responsible for that one because it's one of the best I've ever seen in a game.

Now folks, do not rush out and pre-order the game please... wait till it is released, so that Blizzard has to make sure they release a solid game, not a steaming pile of beta crap that takes a year to patch properly and get working!

rumored release date: June 5, 2023

Diablo 4 Hands-On Preview: We Played Act 1 and Hit Level 25

One of the first things that struck me in the first couple hours of Diablo 4 was just how much story there is...relative to previous games in the series, you’ll spend a lot of time watching cutscenes of both the cinematic and in-game variety (the former are, per Blizzard tradition, always gorgeous, and the latter are impressively varied in both camera angle and length)

Ultimately, Diablo 4 feels like a massively plussed-up version of Diablo 2, which is the best-case scenario for it, in my book...not that it ignores Diablo 3 – there are clear notes taken from the best of that game too – but tonally and artistically, it leans more heavily into the Diablo 2 playbook...

I think the key here, is how the reviewer talks about how to monetize the game....while blizzard notes they wont make D4 "pay to win" as they note, Immortal they turned into nothing but a nickle and dime game to win.....

After getting both D2 & 3's Collectors Editions, I'm going to pass on this one. Not having a game with the Collectors Edition is stupid.

I know the game is probably going to be bad but I know i'll play it anyway, been playing diablo since its initial release. Atleast we got D2R which was incredible but I'm completely burnt out on it. Blizzard just seems like they don't know how to make new games anymore, the last really great release IMO was Wings of Liberty.

I know the game is probably going to be bad but I know i'll play it anyway, been playing diablo since its initial release. Atleast we got D2R which was incredible but I'm completely burnt out on it. Blizzard just seems like they don't know how to make new games anymore, the last really great release IMO was Wings of Liberty.
That's my thoughts as well. Been preordering these since the first one came out. Had a few drinks and thought, aww what the hell and preordered this basket case, Ultimate Edition. Whatever that gets me.

I hope it's at least better than Baldurs Gate 3.

I played Diablo Immortal on mobile for a bit and it kind of scratched the itch for me. I am not the biggest ARPG fan anymore just because the treadmill no longer does it for me.

I really wish someone would put out a good looking ARPG similar to Diablo, but where the players had an effect on the world. Running back and forth through the same areas in Diablo Immortal is what kind of killed it for me. Maybe I have just read too many litrpg books these days, but it is crazy to me that I can't think of any game that would scratch the itch since the worlds seem so stagnant.

the early previews sound really promising...even the skeptics are liking what they are seeing

Kinda wish they would do a sculpture/toy/desk ornament thing for the collectors deals. I'd pay $150 to get a 6" tall Lillith or something along those lines.

Could care less about the cosmetics or battle pass.

That's my thoughts as well. Been preordering these since the first one came out. Had a few drinks and thought, aww what the hell and preordered this basket case, Ultimate Edition. Whatever that gets me.
One thing it wont get you, is the game...

Back