Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Microsoft confirmed 2023 at their Xbox showcase.

.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fx46z6y1mf8591.jpg

I liked the look (and description) of what they showed today. After those rough-ass earlier reveals, the look of the game seems to finally be taking shape.

It'll definitely be a day one buy for me, though I wish Stalker was on the list :cry:

I was excited at the start, but then they got into the open world bullshit.

I was excited at the start, but then they got into the open world bullshit.
It’s probably one of the most important improvements for the ARPG genre. Casuals might hate it, but ‘the game starts’ at level cap and when gear is getting grinded.

In both D3 and D2 that basically has required trying to make non-linear content inside a map that was designed for a linear story mode. And that has been really limiting for end game content. It’s easier to make linear content on an open world then it is to make a linear map into a more open world.

For those playing seasons in D3 right now (including me) 99+% is getting played in Adventure Mode not Story Mode and that’s common to say the least in terms of players that are investing years of game time.

I just want clarification as to whether or not it'll be more like D3 or Immortal when it comes to other players. I'm fine with seeing other players in town but holy shit I do not want to see anyone outside of town or world boss events. For Immortal, that's fine and it works for how the game is, but it would feel incredibly cheap if it were done the same for D4.

I certainly hope that's something of D3 that carries over.

I just want clarification as to whether or not it'll be more like D3 or Immortal when it comes to other players. I'm fine with seeing other players in town but holy shit I do not want to see anyone outside of town or world boss events. For Immortal, that's fine and it works for how the game is, but it would feel incredibly cheap if it were done the same for D4.

I certainly hope that's something of D3 that carries over.
I think a video said the game is open world and you will battle 'world bosses' with other players. I liken it to fighting world bosses in World of Warcraft.

Removed from YT, and I'm not creating an account to watch a vid. But can someone comment on the gameplay? It's good to (hopefully) see that the shop is cosmetic, but it's existence (and Immortal) have removed this from 'must buy' and put it firmly in the 'wait for reviews'.

Removed from YT, and I'm not creating an account to watch a vid. But can someone comment on the gameplay? It's good to (hopefully) see that the shop is cosmetic, but it's existence (and Immortal) have removed this from 'must buy' and put it firmly in the 'wait for reviews'.

I just watched the raw video.

Personally, it's a big "meh". Blizzard isn't the Blizzard of old. This is a big corporation milking a franchise. Not excited at all. Another regurgitation of the format where the only innovation is how they separate people form their money.

A new entry into the universe with all the "store stuff" and milquetoast gameplay just isn't going to do it for me.

What these companies need to do is drop Agile, dump the focus groups, and put 20 nerds in a room and let them drink coffee. The state of gaming is horrendous at this point.

I just watched the raw video.

Personally, it's a big "meh". Blizzard isn't the Blizzard of old. This is a big corporation milking a franchise. Not excited at all. Another regurgitation of the format where the only innovation is how they separate people form their money.

A new entry into the universe with all the "store stuff" and milquetoast gameplay just isn't going to do it for me.

What these companies need to do is drop Agile, dump the focus groups, and put 20 nerds in a room and let them drink coffee. The state of gaming is horrendous at this point.
The more data collection that has come to the industry the worse games have been getting. It wouldn't surprise me if games considered the best of all time really only appealed or catered to a niche audience, much like the Souls series.

All the dev talk and videos still look promising.

I'm assuming the directors of Overwatch and Diablo are not even remotely related LOL. At least....I hope not.

There's plenty of leaked info out there if you're looking impressions. I'm sure after the closed beta ends you'll hear even more.

The atmosphere and tone are very clearly on point so it's delivering something fun to play with an interesting end game that matters from here.

All the dev talk and videos still look promising.

I'm assuming the directors of Overwatch and Diablo are not even remotely related LOL. At least....I hope not.
They might be related in one sense, this game will absolutely be stuffed with cosmetic microtransactions. Honestly, if they're going to do that, the game should be free. Charging 60 dollars plus having a microtransaction scheme is pretty irritating. I'll still buy it because I'm a diablo fan and I've been playing Diablo since I was basically a baby with my dad's Apple Power Mac.

If the only microtransactions are for cosmetics, I would actually be happy with that.

Just don't lock out any of the game mechanics.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I could care less about cosmetics.

I bet I poured hundreds of hours into Diablo 1 online when I was in like....what....6th or 7th grade? It was until I was almost out of high school that I realized Diablo 1 had Nightmare and Hell difficulty levels LOL

In so many ways that game was near perfection. I really hope for D4, since Immortal was to Torchlight for me.

In so many ways that game was near perfection. I really hope for D4, since Immortal was to Torchlight for me.
I remember being a stupid kid back in D1 days and equipping the bastard sword and snickering every time. God I was dumb.

Great game, but Hell difficulty groups of those yellow acid spewing dogs can F right off.

You guys remember the duping glitch?

Since everyone was on dial up back then you could just drop gold, click to go pick it up and click a potion at the same time lol. Good stuff.

Whatever happened to Godly Plate of the Whale? Would make a cool band name

You guys remember the duping glitch?

Since everyone was on dial up back then you could just drop gold, click to go pick it up and click a potion at the same time lol. Good stuff.

Whatever happened to Godly Plate of the Whale? Would make a cool band name

The Godly Plate of the Whale is on my shelf next to my Archangel Staff of Apocalypse.

Blizzard is notorious for building hype for a game that won't see the light for another 4-5 years.
In the past I pre-ordered these games since the original Diablo. I played the hell out of D3, but I will see reviews first. (Posted Oct 2019)
And maybe April of 2023? Almost 3.5 years later? Blizzard hype.... go long

I'm in the Diablo IV Closed Beta. PM me or write on my profile if you want to check it out

Last edited:
Back