Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you just described every mmorpg and arpg there is in a nutshell.
I got a nice chuckle out of that one.

When people qualify what makes the player think more as the limitations of the game mechanics I just have to think ... How hard would it have been to put some more thought into the battles? Maybe certain bosses don't require spamming the same combos over and over. Perhaps, you actually might have to respect or think about your approach to a situation. I would have liked to see something a bit more advanced than what we got here. More customization of our gear and such. Not sure what Blizzard was going for on this one but I think a lot of stuff falls short. Plus the 85Gig download for ultra high rez textures and all the damn dungeons all look the same already. There is zero atmospheric creep in this game that freaks me out even a little, you would think the game would suck you in with every changing dungeons and some freaky situational effects other than the Butcher showing up to mop the floor with you when you least expect it.

I think al lot more could have been done to keep us coming back, nearly endlessly, but I think I'm just gonna play it until I get burned out. Then it's gone, off my system for years.

Diablo IV is the first game that i've played in years that managed to hard crash my computer. During that chapel cutscene.
Now I cant even get to character screen.

Beautiful first impression.

Diablo IV is the first game that i've played in years that managed to hard crash my computer. During that chapel cutscene.

I would suggest you have an instability with your system if that is the case. Hard crashes are typically hardware.

If you are O/Ced then you know why. Honestly if the game is heavy Thread optimized this could be showing a weakness in O/C or config.

I haven't had a single other game crash my computer in years. My uptime is literally the time between forced windows update reboots and I run a ton of difficult tasks on my computer all the time. Nothing that Diablo IV is doing should be stressing my system more than ray traced cyberpunk with simultaneous streaming, or my torture test of running Cinebench 23 and heaven simultaneously, or 12+ hour transcoding/rendering sessions.

When it comes to VRAM usage, AI image generation has constantly been at the limits of what my videocard can handle, but even that would just crash the program, not my entire PC.

There's not even anything in the event viewer log. (Your computer recovered from an unexpected shutdown, but nothing before that for 30 minutes) What the hell.

Last edited:
Hmmm what ever they are doing maint wise is causing infinite loading screens on dungeons for me right now :/

Reactions: w35t
like this
My biggest gripe so far I think is that resource management is fucking horrid on half the classes initially.

It's starting to get a little better on my sorceress but holy fuck you're out of mana CONSTANTLY. Like literally 2 or 3 right clicks. You're just stuck with this bullshit until you find certain aspects.

You basically only use abilities on giant packs or elites because they take a while to come back online, and you're out of mana from full in literally seconds and you get to stand there and bonk shit with Arc Lash

That's my #1 gripe with the game so far. I started off as a Rogue, only level 18 so far, but holy cow I run out of Energy / Mana all the freaking time, like I right click that spell a few times, and my Mana is empty, and have to wait till it gets back up, do 1 right click a few seconds later and it's drained again. Ugh.

Do other classes besides the Rogue not drain Mana so fast? This is literally zero fun to play a game, where your main action spell drains nearly immediately and then is non-usable for awhile. Are there Mana potions that drop, like Health potions?

I managed to get through the cutscene by turning texture detail to high instead of ultra. Ultra was killing my VRAM usage, somehow hitting all 12GB in normal play. I also turned Cutscene FPS to "locked" at 30 and that seems to have fixed it, though its a jarring change from the 165 FPS that normal gameplay was giving me.

I'm gonna mess with settings a bit more, but I guess I need to pay more attention to my VRAM.

Last edited:
Son of a bitch! Damn butcher dropped in on me again, pretty much the same story, except this time once I got him under 1/3 health I ventured further into the dungeon to grab some potions and he disappeared 😡

Tried to beat Fallen Temple capstone at lvl 56 with my bow rogue so I can get to Tier 4. The dungeon was very doable but the boss trashed me badly. He basically one shot me with everything. I couldn't even get him to 70%.
Will try again at lvl 60.

Son of a bitch! Damn butcher dropped in on me again, pretty much the same story, except this time once I got him under 1/3 health I ventured further into the dungeon to grab some potions and he disappeared 😡

I leveled several characters to 20 in beta and another to almost 40 on retail and have never run into him

HDR is not washed out in this game. The designers of the game set the color profile to what they think is appropriate for their vision, which is why the color profile is ignored. A big reason you may think the image is washed out is due to the ever-present fog in most areas of the game. Since the nit floor of HDR is much lower than SDR, the fog effect makes it look hazy and appear that the black are grey, but that is not what is happening in this game. The Windows color profile created using the HDR calibration app would resolve this issue by virtue of it setting the contrast correctly to your display rather than the static values set by the designers for the game.

If you want the HDR to look how you want, then run the game in SDR and turn on Auto HDR in Windows. If you want to see a game that really looks washed out with HDR turned on, play Resident Evil 2 remake. In that game the designers purposefully lifted the black level for some reason in HDR compared to SDR, to the detriment of the image.

I have my CX48 calibrated for SDR, HDR, and Dolby Vision with an i1 Display Pro and the Calman for LG. I do not use any HDR calibration in windows. Everything that goes into the LG is set to output RGB Full to make sure they all output the same. Diablo 4's HDR is just fine. The beta had washed out loading screens and cut scenes indicating improper HDR implementation but I don't see that on my release copy. RE2 & RE3 remake HDR is fuuuuuuuuuuucked up and absolutely not worth even trying to play in HDR, SDR all the way. The reports of D4's HDR is broken probably have wrong settings and/or didn't do any measurement based calibration. HDR works weird on Win tho, it's pretty stupid that it works better on the Xbox and MS makes both. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just wish my right-click spells could have like 5 or 6 uses before running out of energy / mana. But it's only like 2 or 3 uses and then my Energy is almost run down, and need to wait awhile before it's full again.

Did Blizzard design the right click spells to be rarely used? Just once in awhile, and not a regular part of your rotation?

This is the first time I've played any Diablo with a controller and man I gotta say, it's the way to go for me. I feel much more adept in combat, although, not so much menus and inventory management.

This is the first time I've played any Diablo with a controller and man I gotta say, it's the way to go for me. I feel much more adept in combat, although, not so much menus and inventory management.
I played for about 15+ hours today lost track of time when I got done playing my vision was cloudy then I wiped off the grease off my glasses thought it was glacoma or something. My Valari Pillow saved my back the thing is I was using a combination of the mouse and controller mainly the controller but the mouse for inventor stuff like taking gems out of sockets. I know for a fact if I was playing on a LCD monitor my eyes would be toast with this game would look like Fighting Cowboy smoking something and playing the latest game for views. My 27" LG Oled has been really nice to me with gaming marathons.

I found a few of those Wispering Shadows Treasure Chests or whatever I found out from a Youtube video you can buy keys from a vendor I purchased 8 keys but I have no idea how the find the chests I saw about 4-5 of them but didn't have a key back then.

Just finished the campaign and have no desire to progress any further. Been doing the same thing since lvl 5 and there is no sense of progression via finding a game changing item. These targeted level drops and shit based on char level suck. Going back to Grim Dawn and D2R with the randomizer mod and will have more fun.,

Just finished the campaign and have no desire to progress any further. Been doing the same thing since lvl 5 and there is no sense of progression via finding a game changing item. These targeted level drops and shit based on char level suck. Going back to Grim Dawn and D2R with the randomizer mod and will have more fun.,
What class did you choose?

I played for about 15+ hours today lost track of time when I got done playing my vision was cloudy then I wiped off the grease off my glasses thought it was glacoma or something. My Valari Pillow saved my back the thing is I was using a combination of the mouse and controller mainly the controller but the mouse for inventor stuff like taking gems out of sockets. I know for a fact if I was playing on a LCD monitor my eyes would be toast with this game would look like Fighting Cowboy smoking something and playing the latest game for views. My 27" LG Oled has been really nice to me with gaming marathons.

I found a few of those Wispering Shadows Treasure Chests or whatever I found out from a Youtube video you can buy keys from a vendor I purchased 8 keys but I have no idea how the find the chests I saw about 4-5 of them but didn't have a key back then.
HDR looks like ass on my OLED brown filter for the game where it's harder to see stuff.

I just wish my right-click spells could have like 5 or 6 uses before running out of energy / mana. But it's only like 2 or 3 uses and then my Energy is almost run down, and need to wait awhile before it's full again.

Did Blizzard design the right click spells to be rarely used? Just once in awhile, and not a regular part of your rotation?

I use the lighting Arc spell less mana and combination of Blizzard and Freeze.

Getting the feeling that this is the way that it's going to be for me as well. I've been playing Diablo since the original when I was in middle school. Probably have 5+ years actual /played in D2 and about 2+ in D3.

I hate the item stat pool- we don't need 3 different stats to damage stunned enemies. This is the biggest turn off for me.

Why no runewords? No sets? Only a single Unique allowed to be equipped? This is completely against Diablo itemization.

Why the hell are we in Eastern Europe/themed?

Playing corpse explosion Necro, level 40, just cleared act1 wt2, missing a couple side quests I can't find quest starts.

What class did you choose?
WW barb. Supposedly one of the best and what I normally do on D2. Its still just not fun.... might as well be a mobile game. Items/loot are the big thing for me and not just 0.001% extra here and there. It's nice to find gear that makes you want to level up more or roll a new char just to use it.

That is nonexistent

Wow, can’t even believe this, the butcher for the THIRD time today. Got him this time, honestly you just have to circle him a lot and hit him in the back. Got fuck all for beating him though. What a waste 🙄
I just ran into him and died and fuck that guy :D. Reminds me of the random syndicate encounters in poe that came out of nowhere and made you clutch to survive lol.

I have my CX48 calibrated for SDR, HDR, and Dolby Vision with an i1 Display Pro and the Calman for LG. I do not use any HDR calibration in windows. Everything that goes into the LG is set to output RGB Full to make sure they all output the same. Diablo 4's HDR is just fine. The beta had washed out loading screens and cut scenes indicating improper HDR implementation but I don't see that on my release copy. RE2 & RE3 remake HDR is fuuuuuuuuuuucked up and absolutely not worth even trying to play in HDR, SDR all the way. The reports of D4's HDR is broken probably have wrong settings and/or didn't do any measurement based calibration. HDR works weird on Win tho, it's pretty stupid that it works better on the Xbox and MS makes both. :rolleyes:
I used Reshade with the Prod8 mid

Are you using Game mode in yours? I have the GX and it felt too grey to me. How did you get yours working?

I am like lvl 34 and still getting my ass wiped in Act I by some of the dudes. My Rogue mana goes quick and then chasing begins.. I am still enjoying the game though. I am mostly impressed by the graphics and music.

Anyone tonight having issues seeing Clans, members and etc.. Its like I was not apart of the Hardocp clan. 35. I have died plenty of times as a Sorc can be squishy. Its getting harder to know whats best for gear :/

Anyone tonight having issues seeing Clans, members and etc.. Its like I was not apart of the Hardocp clan. 35. I have died plenty of times as a Sorc can be squishy. Its getting harder to know whats best for gear :/

I was in clan chat (Zuul) trying to get some help, lots of folks on, but no one responding. So not sure if you have to opt into chat somehow or what

I was in clan chat (Zuul) trying to get some help, lots of folks on, but no one responding. So not sure if you have to opt into chat somehow or what
The chat will disappear quickly if you're not paying attention to it, especially if you leave it on the general tab. You need to press 'X' to show the recent log or enter to bring up the chat window. I always talk to people if I see the green text on screen. If people don't regularly check chat they may miss everything. I was on from 21:00-0:00 EDT last night.

They've been doing some server maintenance and updates that they said might affect some things.

I'm trying to figure out how to find better gear too. I haven't really replaced anything since around level 40 or found any gear that's impressed me. Probably just need to play more...or start reading some guides. I beat the main campaign on the lowest tier, but I may need to respec or re-roll to progress further.

I really like the game. Great visuals and sound, entertaining story and campaign and fun boss fights.

Here are some of my constructive criticisms and nitpicks:
1. Loading screens suck. An option for seemless loading between areas for those with enough memory in their systems would be fantastic.
2. I could do without the slow-motion exit of the portal when coming back into town, it's just extra time I need to wait before I have control of my character. The teleport animations are generally just not that smooth either, they feel a little beta still.
3. I remember running into some dialogues/cutscenes/interactions that were not skippable, and it was a little annoying since most non-gameplay stuff in the game is skippable. Not nearly as bad as some modern games, but some of it is still there.
4. Being forced to dismount when opening dialogue with an NPC is a little annoying, especially since you have to wait 10 seconds before you can mount up again.
5. The scaling feels a little off, and leveling up can make you feel weaker rather than stronger sometimes. Zizaran made a good video on this.

I haven't played enough to criticize it as an arpg yet. The loot element of the game hasn't thrilled me too much yet when I'm being honest, but that's likely due to my lack of knowledge and experience with the game and its systems. I will need at least another month of play time to evaluate that I think.

Back