Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I played for a couple of hours. Ran and felt great on my 4090. Looks great too.

I think they made great use of the D2 Resurrected team. So, glad to see it isn’t cartoony. Think this may be the game for me this year.

I played for a couple of hours. Ran and felt great on my 4090. Looks great too.

I think they made great use of the D2 Resurrected team. So, glad to see it isn’t cartoony. Think this may be the game for me this year.

D2R team was third party... Did Blizzard buy them in the last two years?!

Been playing off and on since 10:30 with no issues. Playing this one on the console and it looks and runs great. I'll play next week's on the PC so I can compare.

As others hafe been saying, this is the Diablo I wanted 10 years ago. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Playing a rogue.

If D3 is any indication this game can easily last 10 years. I wasn't a fan of D3 initially, they made a shit ton of mistakes but the gameplay was still solid making it a good foundation to build on and build they did. Its been a few years since I touched D3 and decided to play it again for season 28 and the changes/improvements are pretty impressive. If they support D4 like they did D3 this is going to be a spectacular run.

I'm now just as excited for D4 in 5 years as I am for D4 at launch.

Again, other than the initial boot this morning everything has been running perfectly stable all day.

Anyone have good HDR settings? I can't seem to get the calibration right. I just finished the content, only level 15, guess I have to grind to 25 to get the pupper.

Last edited:
At least once a minute I get some stuttering/rubber banding. My character will move forward three steps and then back one like it gets stuck on the ground.
Very annoying. My system is getting a bit old but it meets the reqs, i7-6700k and a 1080. Looks great and turning everything to low did nothing to help.
Going to try updated drivers since I haven't done that in awhile. As annoying as it is I've played about five hours and like it.

At least once a minute I get some stuttering/rubber banding. My character will move forward three steps and then back one like it gets stuck on the ground.
Very annoying. My system is getting a bit old but it meets the reqs, i7-6700k and a 1080. Looks great and turning everything to low did nothing to help.
Going to try updated drivers since I haven't done that in awhile. As annoying as it is I've played about five hours and like it.
Sounds like a lag issue not a system hardware one.

Sooooo.....

This game is actually GOOD??
So far i think so. Doesn’t mean they won’t add in bullshit like p2w transactions etc, but in this build I’m impressed. I guess I set low expectations after Diablo immortal

Same thing happened to me do you have good internet?

Last edited:
I got to lvl 23 and 50% before the game crashed and now I'm getting Authentication Pending loop again. It's the new Error 37...
3am in Sweden so I'm done playing.
Sorc is fun to play, at least lightning sorc. I'll get to lvl 25, finish the story that is available, try rogue and barbarian for a bit then call it. I don't want to play too much before release.

50 minute queue for me, got and playing no problem thus far.

Although, I'm using 28 gigs of ram. Holy mem leak batman!

Loving this so far.

So far i think so. Doesn’t mean they won’t add in bullshit like p2w transactions etc, but in this build I’m impressed. I guess I set low expectations after Diablo immortal

Yep. Let's compare cell phone FREE game to $70+ PC game.

You never cease to amaze.

Play sorc yet? A single chain lightning can instantly clear an entire room. I'm not talking about subtle differences here, it feels like 2 different games.
Its early game bud. And my rogue right now blows mobs apart with the Front Arc Spray + Poison. I'll try to get to 25 by sunday, I'm sitting at 15 and so far nothing in this game has given me much trouble yet. I have to kite some of the big bosses but nothing has really gotten me under 1/2 health so far.

Its early game bud. And my rogue right now blows mobs apart with the Front Arc Spray + Poison. I'll try to get to 25 by sunday, I'm sitting at 15 and so far nothing in this game has given me much trouble yet. I have to kite some of the big bosses but nothing has really gotten me under 1/2 health so far.

Yeah...playing a barb. Rend is pretty OP as well

This reminds me a little of Guild Wars with the MMO town ... I loved GW.. played tons of it. Best Halloween events of any game I've played too.

Never played GW.
I did enjoy the Halloween event in Destiny 2 quote a bit. All of the seasonal events I thought were fun.

God I'm hooked. The open land with players is excellent and there's definitely a nice added depth of stuff to do than in D3. I love it. Not one crash or disconnect in four hours so far.
Besides obviously graphics(which are really good), D4 is an improvement in nearly everything over D2/D3 thus far- UI is better, character customization to inventory(Even added a sort button!), better skill tree system, more freedom for questing, world public bosses(love this<~) to more...

Really digging it.

Update: shouldn't have said anything, "Disconnected" with that error.

Last edited:
Went ahead and bought it to play beta. Haven't been able to actually load in yet all day, keeps crashing after waiting in the queue :(

I was in a 93 minute queue. Went and did other stuff came back my old laptop was at make a character screen so i tried a sorc. I got to lvl 9, coming straight from a fully geared season 28 witch doctor its really painful to play a character with a single attack. It played pretty well on a 7th gen i7 with quadro m2200 -- the environments look really nice, i like the towns and mmo touch -- im not sure im sold on the game mechanics compared to diablo 3 -- but going to try it on my desktop today and get to higher levels and see. I think this is the first game ive bought at full price (standard edition) in years and i think ill get my monies worth.

Does the Mage have a Streaming nuke attack like they showed with the World Bosses?

Last edited:
Does the game have controller support? KB + Mouse feels so cluncky for me ever since playing D3 on the Switch.

I just had server issue with the crashes it turns out.

Ended up sneaking outta bed at 4am to try again 😂

Game is FANTASTIC in my opinion. I started with Diablo 1 when I was little as a reference

I played Diablo 1 but didn't really see the appeal I mean it was ok but Ultima Online cranked that to 10 with MMO style dungeons.
Diablo 2 was too short but that was way back then I kinda liked the game but the ability to have anyone cheat kinda sucked.
Diablo 3 was too floaty first 3-D Diablo I tried a demo for a while but they added to it too late in the game.

Only thing I'm not really digging so far is the skill system and stats on loot not feeling meaningful. I also hate the legendaries are just rares with a semi useful powers on them. Whole thing just feels like a mess of a system and kind of bland. The skill system is very similar to Runes in D3, the extra node points on skills are effectively runes. It might be even worse because they don't fundamentally alter your skill creating more play styles. I'm not a fan of areas leveling with you either.

Having said all of that, I did enjoy the game. Production quality is very high, playing in groups is fun. Combat feels really good to engage in. Monster AI is impressive, it's cool to see ranged mobs kind of back off around you. Overall it's solid, but I see it more as a game I'll get tired of once I play through each class, and not something I'll continually come back to for seasons. It just doesn't seem setup to have new builds each season like PoE where you can just slot in new base skills.

Only thing I'm not really digging so far is the skill system and stats on loot not feeling meaningful.
Pop an elixir and fight a boss. Promise you'll feel the difference just from the boost of stats it gives.

I feel it's graphically the love child of D2 and PoE. But it looks lovely, and seems fun when it's working. Has anyone set up a [H]ardF guild?

She's hungry, boys!

1679161205458.png

I think I'm still in the D3 [H] guild. If anyone wants to get that ball rolling eventually post it up in here.

I initially had stutter issues and figured it was the textures and VRAM. 10GB 3080 and the High Resolution Text Pack do not get along. Dropped the Textures setting to Medium and its all smooth now. Just a FYI if it helps anyone else!

Back