Diablo IV: System Requirements

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
Minimum Requirements for PCt
Settings to run the Diablo IV Open Beta at 1080p native resolution /
720p render resolution, low graphics settings, 30 fps.
Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core 15-2500K or AMD FX-8100
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: SSD with 45 GB avallable space
internet: Broadband Connection
Recommended Specifications for PC
Settings to run the Diablo IV Beta at 1080p resolution, medium graphics
settings, 6Ofps.
Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K or AMD R3-1300X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 370
Directx: Version 12
Storage: SSD with 45 GB available space
Internet: Broadband Connection
"Diablo IV will attempt to run on hardware below minimum
specifications, including HDDs, dual-core CPUs, and Integrated GPUS.
However, the game experience may be signficantly diminished.
20230228_144306.jpg

Live dev stream happening right now.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
DirectX: Version 12

Kind of interesting especially since A GTX 660 can't actually run DirectX 12. I assume that means the game will support DirectX 11 also?

Kind of interesting especially since A GTX 660 can't actually run DirectX 12. I assume that means the game will support DirectX 11 also?
Kepler can run DirectX 12 at feature level 11_0. Putting DirectX 12 in the system requirements is just essentially saying you can't run it on a version of Windows older than 10.

Kepler can run DirectX 12 at feature level 11_0.

Mostly just word games at that point. Kepler supports DirectX 11.1 at a hardware level. Whether that occurs via native DirectX 11.1 or via DirectX 12 using Feature Level 11_1 doesn't really matter, and neither would be what most would consider "DirectX 12". Very few DirectX 12 capable games actually support feature levels below 12_0 while using DirectX 12.

Putting DirectX 12 in the system requirements is just essentially saying you can't run it on a version of Windows older than 10.

Probably, but being a Blizzard game, I wouldn't be totally sure. They managed to make World of Warcraft work with DirectX 12 on Windows 7.

I searched for "Diablo IV" in forum search and didn't seem to be a thread for it. So whoever used "4" instead of "IV" is the problem.

Snark.
Why you didn't see it on the front page, search without the number, or assume there was a thread for such a major title is beyond understanding. :p

It's refreshing to see something without the crazy high requirements. hopefully things don't change too much before the final release.

It's refreshing to see something without the crazy high requirements. hopefully things don't change too much before the final release.

With it being a Blizzard game, shouldn't change.
Blizz does their best to make sure that their games can run all the way down on a potato and a Ritz cracker.

Curious if we'll get a Game Ready driver from nvidia for the Beta?

With it being a Blizzard game, shouldn't change.
Blizz does their best to make sure that their games can run all the way down on a potato and a Ritz cracker.

Curious if we'll get a Game Ready driver from nvidia for the Beta?
in regards to system requirements, you literally made the water I was drinking come out my nose! I loved Blizzard games for pulling me into the story, I'm hoping this one does not disappoint!

in regards to system requirements, you literally made the water I was drinking come out my nose! I loved Blizzard games for pulling me into the story, I'm hoping this one does not disappoint!

Haha 😆 glad I could offer a free sinus rinse :)

All of Blizzards games are designed to be mass market. None of them have high system requirements by design. They also generally seem to spend a good chunk of time on optimization.

I think this is pretty high requirements, especially for a Blizzard game.
GTX 970 for medium on 1080p.
I wonder what the requirements are for 4k/120hz with max details, especially when they release RT support.

Guess I will find out in 10 days :) (besides RT which I heard is releasing after the launch).

I think this is pretty high requirements, especially for a Blizzard game.
GTX 970 for medium on 1080p.
I wonder what the requirements are for 4k/120hz with max details, especially when they release RT support.

Guess I will find out in 10 days :) (besides RT which I heard is releasing after the launch).
The 970 came out almost 9 years ago. It is a potato.

It's coming out on PS4 isn't it? I'm sure you can figure out if your Potato can handle from there. Can your you play PS4 games yes/no. Okay there ya go.

All my buddies game on console now so my dilemma is do i grab it on PC or for my One X.... I've done cross platform with tme before but its not exactly ideal for the way I am set up so I guess I know the answer lol...

Yep, and they never really look that good on release and don't age well sadly.
/opinions 🤷‍♂️

I think Blizzard titles endure because they actually spend the time to develop and have their particular visual style. Of course there are games that use much better visual tech than they do but I still happily look at 10 year old graphics from SC2 or D3, Overwatch 1/2, because the art style is pleasing to look at.

Last edited:
All my buddies game on console now so my dilemma is do i grab it on PC or for my One X.... I've done cross platform with tme before but its not exactly ideal for the way I am set up so I guess I know the answer lol...
I mainly play PC, but Diablo surpsingly, to me at least, translates to controller extremely well on the console versions. Whichever you will be gaming at most i suppose.

I mainly play PC, but Diablo surpsingly, to me at least, translates to controller extremely well on the console versions. Whichever you will be gaming at most i suppose.
I tried Diablo 2 remastered when the free beta was out, my thoughts exactly!

Yep, and they never really look that good on release and don't age well sadly.

To me Diablo 3 didn't age well. I found it to be ugly only a few years later and haven't played it much in the past 5 years or so.
However Diablo 4 looks pretty epic. The characters don't have boxy/smeared textures. I think it will age well, especially if they add RT.

Yeah, exactly why I'm getting D4 on both PC and PS5 :)
I was impressed with D3 on PS4/5.

The game is actually pretty demanding. It's running about 110-140 fps on 4k and normal resolution (no FSR) on oced 7900 XTX.
Hopefully there will be more optimization as there's quite a bit of fps drops to below 10 fps.

Oh and the game allocated all 24gb of vram lol.

The game is actually pretty demanding. It's running about 110-140 fps on 4k and normal resolution (no FSR) on oced 7900 XTX.
Hopefully there will be more optimization as there's quite a bit of fps drops to below 10 fps.

Oh and the game allocated all 24gb of vram lol.

Needs a lot of optimization for sure lol.
They need to fix the HDR and some lighting reflections, scene transitions, etc... But overall, feels pretty good for still being 2.5 months away!

Have had feedback on the game from 3 separate PCs that I've built aside from my own on the D4 beta. Everybody remarks how well the game runs.
Sounds like some people have too small psu and/or inadequate cooling. That it faulty cards in the first place. Running your gpu at max is not an issue barring some other defects. They're designed to.
I do always find it funny how nobody talks about their power supply unless pried on the subject.

Diablo 4 is a great PC port - except you need a 16GB graphics card to match PS5​

Texture quality issues mar an otherwise excellent effort.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...eed-a-16gb-graphics-card-to-match-ps5-quality

there's the suggestion that 32GB of system RAM is required for ultra textures - but it's not, 16GB is just fine. However, you do require a 16GB VRAM GPU for smooth play with ultra textures, which is not disclosed.

Trying to play at 1080p on an 8GB card, its a stutter fest and the VRAM is tapped out with textures on high.

Diablo 4 is a great PC port - except you need a 16GB graphics card to match PS5​

Texture quality issues mar an otherwise excellent effort.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...eed-a-16gb-graphics-card-to-match-ps5-quality

there's the suggestion that 32GB of system RAM is required for ultra textures - but it's not, 16GB is just fine. However, you do require a 16GB VRAM GPU for smooth play with ultra textures, which is not disclosed.
More VRAM needed for higher quality textures is a given.

I play 4k ultra, it is not a stutter fest. What makes it a stutter fest is having cross network on

I play 4k ultra, it is not a stutter fest. What makes it a stutter fest is having cross network on

I have to test this. I have tons of stutters in some parts of the game even with overclocked 7900 XTX which pushes some 140-150 fps.

More VRAM needed for higher quality textures is a given.

Let's be realistic, textures look like absolute shit for the vram requirements. 8gb cards will hitch on anything besides low.

At which point texture quality is Doom 3 at best and straight up blurry at worst.

Let's be realistic, textures look like absolute shit for the vram requirements. 8gb cards will hitch on anything besides low.

At which point texture quality is Doom 3 at best and straight up blurry at worst.
Have you looked at the game's I/O code and analyzed the assets? It's easy to say this as an outsider looking in.

And it looks like the game was running fine in DF's video on a 6GB GTX 1060.

I'm pretty sure I saw that video and didn't they literally complain that you basically can't run anything besides low without stuttering unless you have more than 8gb of vram

Medium was eating like 8.5+ or something, and I'm pretty sure I remember the same conclusion getting flung that they really don't look very good for how much vram it uses.

And I'm inclined to agree.

My game runs usually at about 120 fps on 7900 XTX and 4k resolution. But sometimes I get insane slowdowns to below 5 fps and sometimes the game freezes for 5 seconds after taking TP to town.
Not sure if it's AMD drivers or the game not being optimized.

The game runs pretty sweet on lower end hardware.
I have a laptop with Ryzen 7 5800H and 3060 (Legion 7 Slim). The game runs pretty good on max details, DLSS Quality and 1080p. I'm getting about 100 fps in town and 130-160 fps in the world.

Back