diablo is getting old and stale. Need help

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinking about getttin a new rpg, but I won't pay a monthly fee so WOW and starwars is out..

what is the best one to get that is free.?

NWN, Guildwars? somthing of that sort please help me.

Guild Wars is fun :cool: Make sure to get into a good clan once you get rolling

I actually might do Diablo2 single player over again, I want to play it online, but the game is just broken online as of now.

Last time I played D2Exp, patch 1.10 I think it was, SP was completely unplayable. No matter what character I tried, and however many times I redid the levels, the monsters were just unbeatable. If they wern't self-healing, they were immune to everything.

Lousy patch.

But anyway, how bout trying Fate?
http://www.fatethegame.com/

It's virtually identical to Diablo. You can download the demo, or pay $20 if you like the game.

guild wars is amazing, and you don't have to pay monthly. The game has sweet graphics adn the quests/missions are awesome. I highly suggest guild wars, it was made by the developers that made db2!

probably, since NCSoft are a bunch of ex-blizzard guys.

For hack and slash (not rpg...)

Diablo 2
Dungeon Siege
Sacred

For RPG and since Star Wars is out... Morrowwind + mods.

boohoo, diablo 2 is awesome guys, you can make it even harder if you want by downloading Hell Unleashed, it makes the whole game require you to use teamwork to even beat minor monsters etc, the gamegets really fun when mephisto has about 3 or 4 million hitpoints on nightmare :)

I also reccomend guild wars though, that game is hella fun

humm, so noone is saying get neverwinter nights huh? has anyone played this, its cheaper and looks to be about the same/

I didn't like NWN. It had too steep of a learning curve for me since I never played paper D&D.

I liked KOTOR 1&2.
If you've been under a rock Morrowind is the biggest single player RPG and IMO the best.

I've been playing Final Fantasy 1 for the NES. I'm just about to go into the Temple of Fiends and kill Chaos. THAT is a fun RPG. :D

Go OLD old school. :D

I enjoyed NWN. I only played Single player though. There seem to be more calculations going on about the environment. Even interactions with NPC's can be affected by your charisma and persuation skills. However, I thought this made it more interesting not less. I thought the platinum pack was worth the money.

Firebomb said:
DB2. You'll want an RS/6000 or a pSeries, though.

As for diablo 2 - style games, Dungeon Siege is entertaining for a while.
I would also recommend WoW. It's an MMORPG, but it does feel like a distant relative of Diablo. (There's even a mini-diablo pet if you got some limited edition.)

S1nF1xx said:
Diablo 2 was fun until they nurfed the shit out of the Sorc. :mad:

I remember pre-1.10 that I made a melee necro just for kicks, since necros were so worthless back then and melee necros were unheard of, and got it up to lvl ~80. It was suprisingly able to hold its own. :D

Well evernerf sucks big time.

DII you want all powerfull make a hammerdin, a ik barb can finish the game. A wind druid can play well.. How about a summoner necro.
It seems that they took the players that sucked the most and made them the most powerfull and in 1.09 it was all zon and mage...now they suck...seems that the clowns cant balance anything..

And guild wars is getting bad...if you are looking for any kind of balance as the developers say...STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAJOR NERFED LEMON

sparks

S1nF1xx said:
Diablo 2 was fun until they nurfed the shit out of the Sorc. :mad:

The only thing sorcs are scared of are bad mannered duelers who stack absorb gear, sorcs can be very competitive.

NWN is still alive and well, different types of games online to suit your play style, I got kind of bored of the action servers, but the Role Playing servers are pretty fun, as long as you get on a good one.

retardedchicken said:
The only thing sorcs are scared of are bad mannered duelers who stack absorb gear, sorcs can be very competitive.

I guess I'll have to read up on how to build a sorc. I haven't played that game in so long. And I haven't played a sorc since one of the very early patches.

Best character still is and always will be Necro generals :D

So much better in the old days...20 skeletons and 20 skeletal mages and the golem and the mercenary and you could slow down even the toughest server :)

i agree, the necros where laggy,

so anyone here LOVE nwn over guildwars?

my choice is guildwars--nwn. or do I wait for dungeon siege 2?

I used to be a dedicated D2 player. I gave it up a while ago, and then tried Guild Wars....which I got bored of in about 10 days. D2 is about items....lots and lots of really good items. Guild Wars just doesn't seem to have that. I dunno, it just didn't seem as much fun to me. It's a great game and it looks great, but it's no D2.

Eric1285 said:
I used to be a dedicated D2 player. I gave it up a while ago, and then tried Guild Wars....which I got bored of in about 10 days. D2 is about items....lots and lots of really good items. Guild Wars just doesn't seem to have that. I dunno, it just didn't seem as much fun to me. It's a great game and it looks great, but it's no D2.

I know he said WoW wasn't an alternative (even though I kind of missed that in my last post), but it really is like diablo in this regard. They've definitely lifted a lot of ideas from the diablo items.

I've been a D2 player off and on forever, I just recently stopped again and started Guildwars. The games are somewhat similar but guildwars is fun in a different way. Teamwork is something you forget about after you play enough Diablo. I would definitely pick up guildwars and give it a try. Maybe once the ladder resets Diablo 2 will be fun again.

Guild Wars is fun, but not too similar to Diablo. Monsters take awhile to die, it's very hard to solo unless you design your character for it, getting "uber" items is a very small and unimportant part of the game. It's more about having a balanced and effective team and working together well. It can be aggravating if your guild isn't online when you want to do a hard mission, or you don't have a guild. But the game overall is designed very well, lots of useful features for team play. It seems very well balanced overall too. My guild is top 300 right now, so we at least have some idea what works and what doesn't.

If you liked D2 for the item hunting, you'll hate Guild Wars. Items are not the point of the game.

If you liked D2 for the constant leveling, you probably won't like GW. You get to level 20 (max level) about 2/3 through the game.

Well you can say that GW is good but with the latest drop nerfs it SUCKS.
Someone buying the game today has a very REAL disadvantage against anyone who has
been playing the game for 2 months.
BIG AND WILL NEVER CATCH UP
drop nerfs have screwed anyone trying to start now.

and thats a fact...don't buy it now or later you will get pissed and quit

sparks

Back