Diablo III Won't Have PvP Features at Launch

After having played the beta with all classes to the max level, I completely understand why they would delay releasing PvP. The game is great and very fun, even with what little content there is in beta. I'm glad to see that they realize the issue with class balance and will be waiting to release the PvP portion until that issue has been resolved. In the meantime, the PvE is extremely entertaining and I'd rather have them release the PvE and then do PvP later as opposed to having to wait for both. If they released PvP right now everyone would get raped by Demon Hunters and Wizards. The poor Witch Doctor barely even has a chance in PvE :p

I honestly dont care about PvP. I only care about being able to Coop play with people online. PvP in Diablo/Diablo2 was kind of more of a trolling thing anyways.... I am sure most people didnt play Diablo/Diablo2 for the PvP lol.

I'm thinking they will have the coding all done but it's kept away from prying eyes (and the beta) so people can't haxxor it as easily for exploits. At least that's my first thought when reading this.

I could care less about PvP but co-op is a must have. I'm still looking forward to playing this game!

Soooo, they are going to release without PvP. So what are they going to do, change all the classes to make PvP more balanced later? Won't that totally screw up the classes that you already learned to play?
I am so tired of these companies doing this. I give MMos a little leeway in this area, but it gets tiring relearning your class after every friggin patch.

Soooo, they are going to release without PvP. So what are they going to do, change all the classes to make PvP more balanced later? Won't that totally screw up the classes that you already learned to play?
I am so tired of these companies doing this. I give MMos a little leeway in this area, but it gets tiring relearning your class after every friggin patch.
Do you suggest that they do with this what they did with WoW? That is, the talents are a combination of PvE and PvP abilites which neuters the full potential of either.

And I thought diablo 3 couldn't possibly get any worse. Art style, no LAN, internet connection required for single player, always-on DRM, AND no PvP. What a joke. So sad to see the name diablo go down the toilet because of new blizzard.

The fact that the blizzard of today is even thought of as the same organization that created warcraft 1&2, starcraft, and diablo 1&2 boggles the mind. Nearly everyone who worked on those games was already gone 8-10 years ago. Truly sad.

So let me get this straight, we already know:
-No LAN play
-Internet required for single player
-Real money auction house, which I'm *really* against.

and now no PvP?

Outside of the "3" part, how is this even a Diablo game? All I'm seeing a is a shell of the old Diablo style game filled up with commercialization and a way to extract money out of people. How the hell is that supposed to peak my interest?

Back