Diablo III, which class are you playing first?

Which class are you playing first?

• Barbarian

Votes: 74 27.8%
  • Demon Hunter

Votes: 46 17.3%
  • Monk

Votes: 61 22.9%
  • Witch Doctor

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 62 23.3%

• Total voters
I hope they don't go crazy with it and turn it into a game all about class balance. I'm glad PVP isn't a factor at launch. IF it does become a pissing match, I'd imagine it will be once PVP is in the game, and hopefully I will have gotten my money's worth by then. Never been a fan of the overbalancing bullshit. Far too many times have I put countless hours into a character for it to be destroyed by the nerf bat. Luckily Diablo isn't on the MMO level of hours needed to accomplish things.

Reading and watching interviews with their design team, they're not going to change things unless people are exploiting the game and making encounters trivial.

And they don't care about PVP from a balance standpoint. It's not going to be competitive. No ranking system.

Demon Hunter for the first play through with my buddy being either a Monk or Wizard.

Wow, not much love for the Witch Doctor, which my wife and I will be playing first and probably for a long time to come.

It's one of the most eclectic, creative classes I've ever seen in a game, and I've yet to see a useless or "same old" skill with the class, both from playing the beta and from all the vids.

Given the creativity (and general coolness) of the base skills as it is, what the Runestones do most of the time to the WD's skills makes it an even more interesting, effective and fun class to play.

But, to each his/her own, of course. There's a lot of WD love on the official/fan sites though, certainly.

Maybe people don't like the class because the female WD sounds like Grace Jones in "Conan the Destroyer" when she hurls toads, ha ha. I happen to love that myself.

Reading and watching interviews with their design team, they're not going to change things unless people are exploiting the game and making encounters trivial.

And they don't care about PVP from a balance standpoint. It's not going to be competitive. No ranking system.

I bet there will be a ranking system as that would increase profits from the rm ah.

Maybe people don't like the class because the female WD sounds like Grace Jones in "Conan the Destroyer" when she hurls toads, ha ha. I happen to love that myself.

I think the necromancer was just way cooler, so it seems like a letdown.

Also, bad memories of fetish from act 3 :(

I think the necromancer was just way cooler, so it seems like a letdown.

Also, bad memories of fetish from act 3 :(

Ha ha. Those little bastards were some of the most irritating in the world. But, at least now, you could be the one summoning them, ha ha.

Well, the WD is far from a let-down, and definitely doesn't play like an "orthodox" necro, though you can go in that direction. Sure, you summon creatures, but it just doesn't feel like playing the "standard" necro in any way to me. It's a hell of a lot more fun.

soul harvest is crazy op on WD I remember taking my dps from ~22 to ~45 with 5 stacks of it in beta and it lasts 30 seconds with only a 15 sec cooldown

Truth. With a good damage Flamberge, 5x Soul Harvest, and Firebats with the Dire Bats rune, I was doing 120-140 damage per hit.

Switched from Barbarian to WitchDoctor. Dunno why, logged in, looked at character creation and selected WD without really knowing much about him. Like it a lot so far.

Switched from Barbarian to WitchDoctor. Dunno why, logged in, looked at character creation and selected WD without really knowing much about him. Like it a lot so far.

I think Blizzard knew that WD was going to have relatively low numbers so they defaulted the WD in class selection screen... My theory.

Witch Doctor was my favorite class in the beta, and I am so happy its the least favorite here :) I like playing the utility classes

Back