Diablo III, which class are you playing first?

Which class are you playing first?

• Barbarian

Votes: 74 27.8%
  • Demon Hunter

Votes: 46 17.3%
  • Monk

Votes: 61 22.9%
  • Witch Doctor

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 62 23.3%

• Total voters
Yeah Wizards unite!
Wizard and then Witch Doctor. I liked the Witch Doctor, my least favorite class was the Demon Hunter.

Monk will be 2nd or 3rd, depends if i take the WD 2nd....

It was either going to be Monk or Demon Hunter for me depending on what the other 3 peeps of my main group chose, but we now have a Demon Hunter, Barb and Witch Doctor, so I opted to stick with old fashioned D&D rules and have just 1 slot for each class, so Monk it is.

I will definitely be rocking some hardcore characters. It is addicting.

I think you have to get a toon to a certain level before Hardcore even becomes an option.

At least, that's the way it was in the beta. Get to level 10, then Hardcore is available.

I'll be playing a Monk and Witch Doctor in parallel. Though the very first entry into my character list will be a witch doctor named Afterglow. That was the name of my first character/Necromancer in Diablo 2 and I feel like I should carry that into D3 for nostalgia sake.

lol witch doctor i never understood how the hell they picked that one... more fun with a necro or something. i go for barb seems most fun.

+1 for demon hunter

I enjoyed running around and doing flips all over the place in beta lol. The class also seems to have a good combination of damage and utility.

Good 'ol Barbarian for me. I have a feeling everyone and the mom is going to be a demon hunter at first, so I'm going old school. I tend to favor might over speed in most cases anyway.

Good 'ol Barbarian for me. I have a feeling everyone and the mom is going to be a demon hunter at first, so I'm going old school. I tend to favor might over speed in most cases anyway.

Barb has been top pick in most of the polls I've seen :p

I will probably start with the Monk as that was my favorite class in the beta. WD would be the next class I will play. After that is a toss.

I liked the demon hunters' weapons best so I rolled her during the beta. don't know what I'll do when I play, though. I leveled a wizard but it just didn't grab me like I thought the class would for some reason. can't remember why.

Monk then Demon Hunter. My cousin is covering the Witch Doctor so I'm hoping the Monk will be a nice compliment. I didn't try the demon hunter in the beta some I'm curious.

I dislike being the majority class so I will hit the barb last, they are fun but yea.

I'll be in the majority when I first make my barb. 30 hours later though I'm going to be in the minority

lolololol demon hunter can slow/stun mobs to shit. if anything monk is slightly weaker than others (im talking about late game) but im still playing it.

I figure my first HC char will be a barb. NOBODY will be playing that character and if they do they will get demolished later on because you will be fighting in the shit and more likely to die. A nice challenge!

lolololol demon hunter can slow/stun mobs to shit. if anything monk is slightly weaker than others (im talking about late game) but im still playing it.

Sry. I meant "weak" as in my least fav class, not weak in power.
I think all the classes are very well balanced.

I wonder if inferno is like the 'new' hell mode in D2 where the slows/freezes only last like .1 seconds. If so, barb should be one of the better survivors :p

people, that played in beta, how was the damage of the monk compared to say, the barbarian and wizard?

people, that played in beta, how was the damage of the monk compared to say, the barbarian and wizard?

Monk had by far the highest dps from 1-13.

I wouldn't pick a class based on current balance. Blizzard will likely change things around as balance issues arise. They have always done this.

doubtful. I don't think classes are going to be balanced like that, if much at all

I will be going with barbarian first, then either monk or witch doctor. I didn't touch the beta and I'm trying to restrain myself from learning too much about the game before I start :D

Going Monk or WD. GF most likely wants to play wizard so I'll probably go a class that complements her :)

monk and barb are strong early. the range classes pick up later and are much easier to solo harder content.

Monk had by far the highest dps from 1-13.

I wouldn't pick a class based on current balance. Blizzard will likely change things around as balance issues arise. They have always done this.

I hope they don't go crazy with it and turn it into a game all about class balance. I'm glad PVP isn't a factor at launch. IF it does become a pissing match, I'd imagine it will be once PVP is in the game, and hopefully I will have gotten my money's worth by then. Never been a fan of the overbalancing bullshit. Far too many times have I put countless hours into a character for it to be destroyed by the nerf bat. Luckily Diablo isn't on the MMO level of hours needed to accomplish things.

soul harvest is crazy op on WD I remember taking my dps from ~22 to ~45 with 5 stacks of it in beta and it lasts 30 seconds with only a 15 sec cooldown

Back