Diablo III: Reaper of Souls' Expansion Revealed

I wonder when they will announce when they are going to change the stats for the gear your already have to something worse. :p

They destroyed my 15% attack speed build by modifying my gear to 7% months after I had it. Never seen a RPG give such a middle finger to their players until Diablo 3.

Waste of time and money, if it weren't for Starcraft II I would hate Blizzard with such a passion.

Unless this comes out by the end of the year no one will really care; sure they'll still sell quite a few copies but the community for D3 is quickly dwindling. I still play D3 time to time and I would enjoy the expansion but if it'll be another year plus until it comes out I won't bother.

If I felt like I had fun playing through diablo 3 even once, I would maybe consider buying this just to finish the story but quite honestly, the story was awfully executed, the fun I had playing it started and ended with the beta(prior to patch 13 or something like that) and nothing has come out or changed that makes me feel it's remotely better.

Ha, so the Lich King left Northrend and got hired job as Malthael :-p

D3 bored me to tears in ways I never thought possible, which was eternally saddening considering how many hundreds of hours I put into D2. I hope this expansion makes the game good again.

Shit game made by a crew that doesn't get it. The game felt like a poorman's version of PvE WoW. I don't even think the old crew from Blizzard North could do it again. Every ARPG these teams(Blizzard and old Blizz North) have worked on since D1 & D2 has failed in comparison.

The only game to come close since D1D2 is/was Path of Exile(www.pathofexile.com). A game made by a garage size team of talented noobs. It is an amazing game. It's only shortcoming is that is lacks the polish of a Blizzard title.

I often wonder if being a veteran dev hurts your creativity and foresight. It seems that way to me.

Hell, it's the same problem in the film industry.

still always online? yeah thought so. Regardless of how easy it really is, out of principle alone I refuse to give them money.

still always online? yeah thought so. Regardless of how easy it really is, out of principle alone I refuse to give them money.

who the hell played diablo on LAN?

Not many people lan anymore. I COMPLETELY agree on principle, however in practicality it's pointless to have an offline mode for a game like diablo 3. The main reason they did this to begin with was to prevent hacking (items are all server side in d3).

Weenis - he didn't even bring up LAN gameplay.

He was talking single player, offline mode. Not needing an internet connection to play.

The main reason they did this to begin with was to prevent hacking (items are all server side in d3).

....and look what good that did. the real money auction house was just flooded with duped items within days of opening. the gold AH had been flooded with hacked items since beta. since the entire game was built around blizzard making money off the AH, this is a big deal. why?

1- the AH is an integral part of the game, as it was designed to be.

2- people are cheating. those of us who dont are at an instant disadvantage, and it encourages others to find ways to cheat.

3- hugely inflated AH prices, because of the cheaters driving up prices with their 'cheap' gold they didnt have to work for.

4- the drop rates dont change, so gold is now more 'scarce' in game, further inflating its value (unless you never use the AH, in which case you are unaffected).

its not that they require the game to be always-online for an unacceptable reason, its that the reason blizzard used to justify it (preventing cheating), they completely failed at implementing. so this always-online requirement is nothing more than an annoyance to their customers who spent money on their overpriced broken game.

Took my money the first and fooled me. Not going to pay for an act 5 expansion.

This will be the first time I've skipped on a Diablo game and Blizzard should realize that there is a lot of others doing the same. I didn't think a Diablo game could be such a colossal disappointment, but Diablo III was and continues to be.

This will be the first time I've skipped on a Diablo game and Blizzard should realize that there is a lot of others doing the same. I didn't think a Diablo game could be such a colossal disappointment, but Diablo III was and continues to be.

I second this. And I thought blizzard was the one company I could count on. Pitty.

Not many people lan anymore. I COMPLETELY agree on principle, however in practicality it's pointless to have an offline mode for a game like diablo 3. The main reason they did this to begin with was to prevent hacking (items are all server side in d3).

In practicality there was no point in an offline mode? Nevermind the fact that the game was hacked and flooded with cheated items and gold within the first few days, many, many people play diablo for the single player. D2 was so popular for so long due to online play yes, but there were still a crap ton of people that dusted it off and played it single player style every so often. It's a single player game with a multi-co-op aspect that took off for alot of people.

This game is stupid. It's still 2 years behind where it needs to be to launch.

Ya, I too put in hundreds of hours into Diablo 2. Diablo 3 gameplay just wasn't there.

I know everyone complains that a game is too easy, but I think that was what I liked about Diablo 2. It was complete mindless slaughter and you had a chance of getting cool items.

Diablo 3 isn't nearly as fluid. You actually have to think a bit so you don't run out of rage or energy or whatever it is, and when you eventually do run out, you need to back off until you are ready to go again.

Honestly, that is not fun for me. I like charging into groups of enemies and seeing them wilt away before me hours on end. Diablo 2, one of the most popular levels to farm was the jungle. Lots and lots of enemies that you could kill easily. You could spam your abilities non-stop until everything was dead. Then Blizzard introduced the various resistances, which people eventually worked around, but again, for me, it just wasn't as fun, and that marked the point in time where I stopped playing Diablo 2.

Ya, I too put in hundreds of hours into Diablo 2. Diablo 3 gameplay just wasn't there.

I know everyone complains that a game is too easy, but I think that was what I liked about Diablo 2. It was complete mindless slaughter and you had a chance of getting cool items.

Diablo 3 isn't nearly as fluid. You actually have to think a bit so you don't run out of rage or energy or whatever it is, and when you eventually do run out, you need to back off until you are ready to go again.

Honestly, that is not fun for me. I like charging into groups of enemies and seeing them wilt away before me hours on end. Diablo 2, one of the most popular levels to farm was the jungle. Lots and lots of enemies that you could kill easily. You could spam your abilities non-stop until everything was dead. Then Blizzard introduced the various resistances, which people eventually worked around, but again, for me, it just wasn't as fun, and that marked the point in time where I stopped playing Diablo 2.

You mean like no matter how great your gear is for a DH, your hotbar still mostly ends up consisting of skills to escape, run away, and take less damage hoping you don't get 1 shot by everything while never getting any decent loot on inferno?

I installed it again last week after leaving it alone for months. Still the same super tedious gameplay, still no drops worth a crap. I'm not asking for a mindless button masher, challenge is good, but at least give me a reward for it.

But now I can turn up the monster power and... still get 1-2 shot by everything and never get any loot. Yay!

I stopped by just to see the flaming this would get. I am not disappoint.

Seriously though, if you bitched about D3 and all the horrible shit Blizz crammed into it, then buy this expansion, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I won't be buying. I was excited when D3 came out, but honestly....it lost some of the "magic" that the previous two editions had. Once I beat Diablo the first time....I was done. I uninstalled it because it really wasn't that fun to play.

Diablo III was fun for about a week... then it killed my inner child... im not going back

ill probably pick it up if FFXIV + kids dont suck my soul to nothing. I want a huge D3 fan but i played it, and my CM wiz kicks ass. is it d2? no. but its still fun imho. I put a few hundred hours into it.

ill probably pick it up if FFXIV + kids dont suck my soul to nothing. I want a huge D3 fan but i played it, and my CM wiz kicks ass. is it d2? no. but its still fun imho. I put a few hundred hours into it.

I look forward to the stat allocation in the Paragon lvls, it gives us the ability to kind of make a hybrid class....which is a step in the right direction....baby steps.

Also, the Loot 2.0 interests me. Nothing I hated more in Diablo 3 was getting legendary drops that I could not use. My stash was full of Wizard gear that droppped. I do realize that it is fun having a luck of the draw type system, like a jackpot, but I was getting frustrated to the point where I didnt want to play it.

Anways, I am optimistic.

D3 had its ups and downs. Gameplay was fluid and graphics was alright. Story was alright as well but had some badly done sections such as Cain's death. What killed it for me though were the game mechanics and lack of a skill tree and stat points. That totally killed character customization and all you were left with was dressing up the character. The uniques and sets were also pretty dull.

I'll wait till the expansion hits below the 5.00 mark and then maybe I'll consider buying it. I'm not spending top dollar on anything related to Diablo 3 ever again. I just hope Blizzard can redeem itself with Titan.

Dead Blizzard. Let me introduce you to a new revolution that's only 10 years old called Normal Mapping. See all those flat boring surfaces? It will fix that and make your game actually look interesting and modern!!!

I was actually SHOCKED by how bad Diablo 3 looked. Low rez textures, no normal mapping, no spec, no modern graphics at all. It looks like a game from 10 years ago. :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about this. Though the features in the expansion looks good on paper, I am a bit concerned on how they will implement a few of them. I will probably wait a few days for some reviews before jumping on this, unlike the last time around.

I was super excited for D3, but boy is the magic gone... havent bothered to reinstall since a system reformat months ago...

Unfortunately I can no longer keep up with the economy to gear up my character. Hopefully Blizzard learns from the shortcomings of D3 and make a more solid D4 in the future.

I beat Inferno days before the first patch and was so stressed out by the difficulty that I stopped playing for like a year. Then I returned about six months ago to a much easier game. Decided to try out Hard Core, which really shakes things up mostly because it restricts access to RMAH so gold prices aren't so crazy on better gear. I played through four Hard Core wizards, the last one dying at Paragon 3 in Inferno, and I haven't loaded the game in months now.

Chances are good I'll try the expansion at some point though. Story and loot system and RMAH aside, D3 is actually an alright game. I got my money's worth out of it, for sure. There are many more games I've paid more for and played far, far less.

Back