Diablo III is getting killed on Metacritic

The sad thing is that 6+ million copies sold won't tell them it isn't that good, that SP online sucks, that it costs too much...

No, in fact 6 million copies sold proves the exact opposite...:rolleyes:

What would you listen to? Massively successful sales or a small minority in the community complaining? And dont kid yourself out of the 6+ million that bought it the complainers are realistically a tiny percentage. They are just very vocal like they usually are.

Well, it sold more because it is Diablo than on its own merrit. CoD is also a top seller. And as there are many not so vocal satisfied gamers, there are also more non vocal dissatisfied ones than those posting here.

No, in fact 6 million copies sold proves the exact opposite...:rolleyes:

What would you listen to? Massively successful sales or a small minority in the community complaining? And dont kid yourself out of the 6+ million that bought it the complainers are realistically a tiny percentage. They are just very vocal like they usually are.

Well then, by that logic MW3 must be the best game of all time, seeing as it is always breaking sales records.

The hype was definitely excessive. I think its still a good dungeon crawler though, nostalgic stuff.

Well then, by that logic MW3 must be the best game of all time, seeing as it is always breaking sales records.

I see this stupidity repeated over and over again and its just pathetic. Its a matter of opinion. Whats not a matter of opinion is stupid shit like i was responding to.

The sad thing is that 6+ million copies sold won't tell them it isn't that good

Personally i think the CoD franchise sucks but when it sells like hotcakes i have the intelligence to realize im in the fucking minority.

On top of that a game that sells that much IS in fact a good game. Whether you agree or not if it was just awful how did it sell like crazy? This applies to the CoD series, D3, WoW etc... Its your OPINION that its not that good just like its our opinion MW3 sucks.

The fact that it sold 6 million means 100% without a doubt that it is in fact a good game. Disagree all you want but the sales speaks far louder than some whiney fucks on the forums of the internet.

So to the ignorant fucks that keep saying "Sales dont mean anything look at CoD" Yeah look at CoD. Its a great game obviously, in fact for a casual FPS or console player MW3 is the best FPS on the planet... Not my thing nor many here but its hard to point a a game breaking sales records left and right and say "What a piece of shit". :rolleyes:

Just like the WoW haters...

I see this stupidity repeated over and over again and its just pathetic. Its a matter of opinion. Whats not a matter of opinion is stupid shit like i was responding to.

Personally i think the CoD franchise sucks but when it sells like hotcakes i have the intelligence to realize im in the fucking minority.

On top of that a game that sells that much IS in fact a good game. Whether you agree or not if it was just awful how did it sell like crazy? This applies to the CoD series, D3, WoW etc... Its your OPINION that its not that good just like its our opinion MW3 sucks.

The fact that it sold 6 million means 100% without a doubt that it is in fact a good game. Disagree all you want but the sales speaks far louder than some whiney fucks on the forums of the internet.

So to the ignorant fucks that keep saying "Sales dont mean anything look at CoD" Yeah look at CoD. Its a great game obviously, in fact for a casual FPS or console player MW3 is the best FPS on the planet... Not my thing nor many here but its hard to point a a game breaking sales records left and right and say "What a piece of shit". :rolleyes:

Just like the WoW haters...
I am happy for you.The developers need people like you for sure.

Monetary success = Quality product. Period.

There isn't a single example of any product in history that doesn't follow this law rigidly. Whatever makes the most money is also the highest quality product.
How do people not understand this by now?

There isn't a single example of any product in history that doesn't follow this law rigidly. Whatever makes the most money is also the highest quality product.
How do people not understand this by now?

This is true. As evidenced by McDonalds :)

I like Diablo 3. I think that it has some flaws of course...but it's already given me my monies worth.

Some of my issues are more in the game design aspect.

Like why did Blizzard dumb down the rpg elements such as attribute leveling?
Why are legendary items so incredibly rare...yet also comparitively weak when one looks at even regular ole blue magic stuff? Why does it drop so much magic stuff overall? It lessens the excitement of getting items when it's a very common occurance.

I like Diablo 3. I think that it has some flaws of course...but it's already given me my monies worth.

Some of my issues are more in the game design aspect.

Like why did Blizzard dumb down the rpg elements such as attribute leveling?
Why are legendary items so incredibly rare...yet also comparitively weak when one looks at even regular ole blue magic stuff? Why does it drop so much magic stuff overall? It lessens the excitement of getting items when it's a very common occurance.

I firmly believe Blizz will fix this. I have been very critical of the always online SP. I would imagine that much of these fixes will be done once Blizz gets their cuts from the RMAH. I think this is going to be the test bed for the bussiness model for their next MMO.

Earnings /= quality. Twilight saga made lots of money. Is it popular? Yes. Is it liked by millions of people? Yes. Is it a great quality movie? No, it isn't. McDonalds is adored all over the world with huge profits. Is it good quality food? Not even close.

Your point is weak. Number of copies sold says almost nothing about a game's quality. Argue D3's quality on its features, not Blizzard's bank account.

Diablo 3 is fucking awesome. It's got some problems. The story is pretty cheesy and there's too much of it. Loot seems a bit off. Some of the characters have build issues. But overall this game is fantastic. It's just fun. I've sunk a couple dozen hours into both SP and MP and it's been a blast. Love it to death. Not a perfect game, but certainly the best game I've played in a while.

A friend showed me a cinematic involving Diablo, Blizzard deserves to burn to the ground just for what they did to Diablo.

Cheap enough = enough people will buy. Ikea is a perfect example.
That's more of a correct statement than yours.
Looks at how many people buy crappy items at walmart/kmart/$1 store/Costo (i also shop there, and yes, i know that i buy crap that will fall apart or is cheap)
Furniture, clothes etc.
You can buy better (higher quality) products almost anywhere, but they wont be as cheap

Monetary Success != Quality product
Monetary Success = right price point vs quality

We can offer you three levels of services here, but you can only pick two: Quality, Budget, Speed of delivery.

All that said, D3 does look like a good game. The bad thing is that there have been many games like it coming out recently, so the maarket it fairly crowded. The fact that it sold 6 million copies probably means that it is better than all of them.

All that said, D3 does look like a good game. The bad thing is that there have been many games like it coming out recently, so the maarket it fairly crowded. The fact that it sold 6 million copies probably means that it has Diablo in its name.

fixed that for ya.

All that said, D3 does look like a good game. The bad thing is that there have been many games like it coming out recently, so the maarket it fairly crowded. The fact that it sold 6 million copies probably means that it is better than all of them.

Skyrim would like to have a word with you...

Cheap enough = enough people will buy. Ikea is a perfect example.
That's more of a correct statement than yours.
Looks at how many people buy crappy items at walmart/kmart/$1 store/Costo (i also shop there, and yes, i know that i buy crap that will fall apart or is cheap)
Furniture, clothes etc.
You can buy better (higher quality) products almost anywhere, but they wont be as cheap

Monetary Success != Quality product
Monetary Success = right price point vs quality

We can offer you three levels of services here, but you can only pick two: Quality, Budget, Speed of delivery.

The problem with that is D3 is a "new" product with an unknown quality level. The vast majority of buyers expected it to be D2 with updated graphics and a new story.

D3 looks like crap, is dumbed down about as far as possible, lags in single player, has always on DRM, and loot drops are based off of what other players put up for sale in the AH.

D3 looks like crap, is dumbed down about as far as possible, lags in single player, has always on DRM, and loot drops are based off of what other players put up for sale in the AH.

The sad part is that at its core, D3's gameplay is solid and its production value is quite high. Everything feels tight and responsive, that is when you're not lagging.

PoE has better everything really, except for production value. Using moves in that game does not feel the same as using moves in D3.... but you'll actually find upgrades to your gear!

but you'll actually find upgrades to your gear!

There is a lot of confusion around this right now, the problem is through the auction house your buying higher level gear than your current place in the game will drop. Gear is assigned a level between one and sixteen. So players are constantly ahead of them selves and get frustrated because the items they get are seemingly crappy to spite the fact that they would otherwise be the best level of gear you could receive at the time with out an outside influence like the AH.

Also MF in diablo 3 effects the quality of loot not just quantity, stack it at level 60, with full valor buff you probably want to be sitting near 250-300%. At the moment though that requires an investment of at least five million gold.

There is a lot of confusion around this right now, the problem is through the auction house your buying higher level gear than your current place in the game will drop. Gear is assigned a level between one and sixteen. So players are constantly ahead of them selves and get frustrated because the items they get are seemingly crappy to spite the fact that they would otherwise be the best level of gear you could receive at the time with out an outside influence like the AH.

That may be the case, but the problem is by just playing the game w/o the AH you are most likely not going to be able to gear yourself to actually progress through content outside of insane grinding at levels below where you should be. The items aren't just "seemingly" crappy in relation to their uber bretheren you can see on the AH; they're also crappy when trying to go from NM to Hell and you can't kill anything, even when you're in the mid-50s.

Also MF in diablo 3 effects the quality of loot not just quantity, stack it at level 60, with full valor buff you probably want to be sitting near 250-300%. At the moment though that requires an investment of at least five million gold.

I even tried to MF in the end of Nightmare to gear up for hell. Stacked 160%. Still never saw an upgrade. While i saw more yellows, they were all shit pretty much.

I'm almost certain that gold find is the way to go with the AH being what it is.

I even tried to MF in the end of Nightmare to gear up for hell. Stacked 160%. Still never saw an upgrade. While i saw more yellows, they were all shit pretty much.

I'm almost certain that gold find is the way to go with the AH being what it is.

just remember 160% doesn't mean you find good stuff 160% of the time. it increases the chances of a drop to be higher quality.

so if a sword drops and there's a .01% for it to be legendary, your chances of getting a legendary sword are .016%

Every badass drop I've gotten has been best for wiz/wd, or class specific for them. Nothing really worth writing home about for the actual classes I play (monk/barb). Going into Hell now and I'm sorely unprepared.

just remember 160% doesn't mean you find good stuff 160% of the time. it increases the chances of a drop to be higher quality.

so if a sword drops and there's a .01% for it to be legendary, your chances of getting a legendary sword are .016%

Oh indeed. That's why my conclusion that goldfind is the much better option, considering you can depend on the AH having good items.

Every badass drop I've gotten has been best for wiz/wd, or class specific for them. Nothing really worth writing home about for the actual classes I play (monk/barb). Going into Hell now and I'm sorely unprepared.

Join my games, please. :p Every great drop I've gotten is for monk or DH.

The monk and barbarian are still only early 40's, but I don't mind saving the good stuff when it drops.

The monk and barbarian are still only early 40's, but I don't mind saving the good stuff when it drops.

In the 88 hours I have played in the last week and a half I have gotten 3 orange items. Wasted a bunch of gear towards lvl 60 but the following orange items I got:

Sever 380 dps one hand sword lvl 54 with random stats probably worth about 100k
Obsidian Ring of Zodiac lvl 54 with stats worth around the 2 million mark
Sledge Fist lvl 47 sold for around 110k.

All this begs the question:

U MAD BROS?

:)

U MAD BROS?

I would be if I had the same playtime as you without similar results.

I can proudly say that I don't miss the days where I could spend the time equivalent of two full time jobs farming items. :D

Games garbage, Blizzard sold out. I'm looking forward to Grim Dawn and Torchlight 2.

I would be if I had the same playtime as you without similar results.

I can proudly say that I don't miss the days where I could spend the time equivalent of two full time jobs farming items. :D

It wasn't by choice :(

Fireplace remodel has sucked my money dry this month and I had 3 days vacation left over till year end when I had to burn from Wednesday to yesterday.

But yea I wasn't productive at all over my break.

It wasn't by choice :(

Fireplace remodel has sucked my money dry this month and I had 3 days vacation left over till year end when I had to burn from Wednesday to yesterday.

But yea I wasn't productive at all over my break.

Diablo 3 does make a cheap alternative to a real vacation though, doesn't it? ;)

D3 getting killed at Meta? 70% of all games getting trashed by those socialy deranged cellardwellarz on that site. Once they hit Inferno> Hell mode and cannot 1 hit everything the game gotta be shit.
On multi they look at your gear first ....and if you dont match their theorycraft 99%they just leave . So thats the kind of ppl reviewing on metacritic
ON blizzards forums theres the hardest bunch of mentally defunctional ppl ive ever seen in connection to a game .All they can create is a steaming pile upon everthing they interact with.

D3 vis a very good game .....is it awesome? ...certainly not but it at least challenges you

In the 88 hours I have played in the last week and a half I have gotten 3 orange items. Wasted a bunch of gear towards lvl 60 but the following orange items I got:

Sever 380 dps one hand sword lvl 54 with random stats probably worth about 100k
Obsidian Ring of Zodiac lvl 54 with stats worth around the 2 million mark
Sledge Fist lvl 47 sold for around 110k.

All this begs the question:

U MAD BROS?

That averages out to an orange every 29.33 hours... Considering you didn't use any of those items, if you play D3 like a full time job, some could get some really awesome gear in 3 or 4 months of playing 30 hours a week..... Fuck Blizzard.

D3 getting killed at Meta? 70% of all games getting trashed by those socialy deranged cellardwellarz on that site. Once they hit Inferno> Hell mode and cannot 1 hit everything the game gotta be shit.
On multi they look at your gear first ....and if you dont match their theorycraft 99%they just leave . So thats the kind of ppl reviewing on metacritic
ON blizzards forums theres the hardest bunch of mentally defunctional ppl ive ever seen in connection to a game .All they can create is a steaming pile upon everthing they interact with.

D3 vis a very good game .....is it awesome? ...certainly not but it at least challenges you

Diablo is a shit game with fanbois not wanting to admit it because its a Blizzard game. Blizzard is not the same company it used to be, they my as well just call themselves "Activision" now.

fanboy calling gets old m8 , thats what the likes of you call everyone who doesnt go on par
with your opinion.
And youre wrong Blizzard was never an extraordinary developer, they just happened to release the right thing at the right time.With that in mind an overdue of 10+ years for D3
it seems that at least on salenumbers they did hit the right timing again.

Last edited:
1st post in over 3 goddamn years, because of a game that I'm lucky to actually start up 65-70% of the time.

If I shell out 60 dollars for a game I should be able to easily launch the damn thing 100% of the time, no matter what. And... I should be able to do it without doing this, this, and then that also.

Fuck Blizzard!!!!!!!!!

Back