Diablo III Coming to Current-Gen Consoles Sept 3

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
After teasing the gaming populace for over five years with promises of Diablo 3 coming to consoles, Blizzard finally committed to a firm date of September 3rd as the release date for Xbox 360 and PS3.

The September 3 date applies to the US, Canada, Spanish-speaking Latin America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. Brazil, South Korea; Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Southeast Asia will also receive the console versions "at a later date."

See the good in bad fellas, at least the stock holders are happy...

Awesome, now the console masses can be bored to death as well. Enjoy suckers.

Game has already been 'solved', I can't imagine it being very interesting on consoles for long. Then again perhaps it will be harder to bot on consoles so it might actually be better.

Does anyone even give a crap about D3 at this point?
No doubt that it will be way overpriced as well.

Hmmm, might get this to play with the wife since it supports spilt-screen co-op.

the wheels on the money bus go round and round.... crank that money out all over town...

One of my cousins told me he preordered this for the PS3. We were in a supermarket at the time and I had to keep myself from raising my voice and losing my shit. It's one thing if he did this for the PC launch since no one knew how bad/boring the game would be then, but NOW? After both his brother and I have told him how bad/boring the game is?? NOW he's going to blow $60 on it??? AND HE'S GOING TO PAY IN INSTALLMENTS?!?

GAAAHHHHH!!!

I can't imagine there is much of a market for this game on console for many reasons.

1.) PC hardware requirements are low making it easily accessible to the masses on PC.
2.) Diablo's fan base are PC games...Thus already have it on PC.
3.) Dude bro's play COD not Diablo
4.) No major new features unless you includes worse graphics a new feature
5.) No Hype second time around.

I predict a major flop for the console release...and I doubt Blizzard will drop the price as an incentive.

One of my cousins told me he preordered this for the PS3. We were in a supermarket at the time and I had to keep myself from raising my voice and losing my shit. It's one thing if he did this for the PC launch since no one knew how bad/boring the game would be then, but NOW? After both his brother and I have told him how bad/boring the game is?? NOW he's going to blow $60 on it??? AND HE'S GOING TO PAY IN INSTALLMENTS?!?

GAAAHHHHH!!!

There are a lot of people who just don't get shit. I have friends who buy every CoD put out. Same friend is going to get the next xbox just because it's the next xbox.

Who knows? :confused:

He probably thought you were born in '96

If so, I think that's the first time that's ever happened (to my knowledge). :p

But yeah, no, I totally started coming to [H] when I was 8...

I wonder if they will have a real money auction house for the console version

Nope, plus better drops. Console players don't like to farm for hours on end only to get hundreds of useless drops that they have to take time to sort through just to sell in the end (whereas PC players do apparently).

How's this game going to work on consoles that are offline? I guess internet connection will be a requirement.

So then is this proof that the PC version of D3 was nothing more than a poorly executed shitty gameplay generic console port that never was released on console until now?

Anyone that willingly buys this for their electronic semi-interactive entertainment appliance is D3; Duh to the 3rd power. Or Dignity Deficient Dipshit. Anyone else come up with any dysphemisms?

According to that penny arcade article there's going to be an offline mode

And that's why there won't be any RMAH. They couldn't apparently get Battle.Net implemented. And with an offline mode means people can edit their games. So expect after about 2 days people to have perfect gear that makes MP10 a joke. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was above perfect gear (1000+ to every stat).

And that's why there won't be any RMAH. They couldn't apparently get Battle.Net implemented. And with an offline mode means people can edit their games. So expect after about 2 days people to have perfect gear that makes MP10 a joke. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was above perfect gear (1000+ to every stat).

compared to the hacks/dupes that are on D3 in the ultra drm always connected system

Oh wow hahahaha Blizzard is really getting desperate for money. You can smell the Activision shareholders breath wafting around everything Blizzard does. Love it. Hope they crash and burn in the next couple years and just disappear.

Before you say I'm some hater, I grew up on and love to this day Starcraft 1, Diablo 1 + 2, and Warcraft 3. Unfortunately, the people who once were "Blizzard" are no more. They have all been replaced by the lowest bidder to maximize profits and gains for the shareholders of Activions-Blizzard. They deserve a warriors death.

Diablo 3 sucks badly on the pc! I can only imagine how pathetic it will be on a console. Don't understand people if you like this genre game type then just download for (FREE) and play PATH OF EXILE it is superior to diablo 3 in every way.

Back