Diablo III Collector’s Edition Revealed and Detailed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Along with the most long-awaited announcement of a video game release in perhaps the entire history of gaming, Diablo III holds the honor of being so very important that it has its own gigantic Collectors Edition box set. This set of epic items has been released this week for pre-order and includes not just the Diablo III PC/MAC game in its entirety and on DVD-ROM, it has a whole lot of goodies to go with it! Not only will you be winning at Diablo III, you’ll have Diablo II in its entirety as well, and special edition in-game items for not just Diablo, but other Blizzard games too!

I pre-ordered my Collectors Edition in about October last year.... and already knew all that stuff came with it.

A lot like the SC2 CE, except for that Diablo skull. I wonder what people are gonna think if I had that sitting around.

Looks cool, too expensive though. Honestly for a CE I'd really just want that flash drive with Diablo II on it and maybe a strategy guide or something. All the art books/statues do is sit around collecting dust.

This is a pretty awesome deal if you're a huge Blizzard (or simply Diablo only) fan. For ~$40 extra over the base price of the game, it seems like the CE has some cool little goodies.

Easily the sweetest part of this CE is that the USB thumb drive that looks like a Soulstone plugs into the forehead of the giant Diablo skull.

Epic.

What? No DLC that's already on the disc but just needs the "ok" from the server side to activate it?

Just give me the game. I couldn't care less about the extras except maybe a strategy guide. Even a SG isn't that important.

Just for those interested, if you're on the WoW Annual Pass you'll get the "regular" Diablo 3 completely for FREE. If you buy the CE, you'll be given 4-6 (can't remember which it is up to, remembered they were changing it) months "worth" of WoW gametime credit, like you put a timecard on your account, which will go towards your Annual agreement, paid.

Hardly news. Amazon posted a picture of the collectors edition a while ago and if you blew up the picture you could read on the back of the box all the goodies it came with.

Back