Diablo II Resurrected: Offical Thread

Started playing this a couple days ago after crash course through Beta. On my way to Andariel I think I'm level 14. The 1 active skills at a time thing feels one dimensional. Such an adjustment coming from D3. Havent played this game in 20 years so it's like I'm starting fresh again.
The one skill at a time is so outdated that bliz let's you bind multiple if you use a controller. IMO controller play is almost OP. Especially at speed looting drops.

The one skill at a time is so outdated that bliz let's you bind multiple if you use a controller. IMO controller play is almost OP. Especially at speed looting drops.
Only thing is you don't get the skill wheel with a controller on PC, apparently.

Only thing is you don't get the skill wheel with a controller on PC, apparently.
Does bring up a good point. How are folks keybinding skills? Just using Fkeys? I've got TP set to my thumb button on the mouse. I hit that and right click to get out quick if I have to.

Does bring up a good point. How are folks keybinding skills? Just using Fkeys? I've got TP set to my thumb button on the mouse. I hit that and right click to get out quick if I have to.
You can change those to other keys if you want. You don't have to stick with the F keys

You can change those to other keys if you want. You don't have to stick with the F keys
I know. That's sort of what I'm asking. Are folks still using the F keys, or are you doing the key>RMB, key>RMB, key>RMB dance?

I know. That's sort of what I'm asking. Are folks still using the F keys, or are you doing the key>RMB, key>RMB, key>RMB dance?

I was still using F keys to swap skills to RMB, didn’t know you could direct map to other mouse buttons. But on my sorc I only use glacial spike on LMB and blizzard on RMB mainly. I guess it would be handy to have teleport direct mapped to another mouse button.

I think the D2R team made a critical mistake not fixing this for PC before release.

I'm using the mouse wheel to cycle through them. I have my skills set to a rotation that I just wheel through. The mouse wheel is set to cycle through your function keys by default.
I think the D2R team made a critical mistake not fixing this for PC before release.
Nothing is broken, but it would have been a nice QoL update to have the controller boon on KB+M.

One thing that wouldn't have bugged me was if they had made a skill bar like Diablo 3 had, yes I'm a purist but it would make it so much more enjoyable. I've always had difficulty using the F keys for skills.

One thing that wouldn't have bugged me was if they had made a skill bar like Diablo 3 had, yes I'm a purist but it would make it so much more enjoyable. I've always had difficulty using the F keys for skills.

Yeahhhhh.

If we could just have 2 things: ACTIVE skill hotkeys and a toggle for health bars over enemies (both of which are included once you plug in a controller.....)

Oh and stackable potions but, I get it.... Still, the lack of the two above mentioned features is practically a deal-breaker after being 'spoiled' by modern conveniences.

*come on mods.... Better SP is a step in the right direction somewhat I guess*

Yeahhhhh.

If we could just have 2 things: ACTIVE skill hotkeys and a toggle for health bars over enemies (both of which are included once you plug in a controller.....)

Oh and stackable potions but, I get it.... Still, the lack of the two above mentioned features is practically a deal-breaker after being 'spoiled' by modern conveniences.

*come on mods.... Better SP is a step in the right direction somewhat I guess*
No you don't understand it's part of the unique and deep challenge to have half your inventory be potions and charms.

No you don't understand it's part of the unique and deep challenge to have half your inventory be potions and charms.

You can mock me all you want, but it's obvious you know zilch of the game's history and have read nothing when it comes to the billions of interviews the devs given over the years.
They set out to create D&D in a PC game. They did that.

I made Spirit and Rhyme since I had the runes, so far I'm in NM Act 4 and only the dolls in the Durance of Hate give me issues. I want to start building my MF kit but I have yet to find enough Topaz to make one Perfect let alone a whole set of them. I guess I'll just keep grinding until they start popping up.

Having never played Diablo 2, with my introduction to arpg genre being Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, I can definitely see why this is a classic. So far in ACT 3 and throughly enjoying the game. My biggest wish is for bigger inventory and stackable potions. My wife prefers Diablo 2 to both Grim Dawn and Diablo 3. Definitely glad I decided to get it!

Having never played Diablo 2, with my introduction to arpg genre being Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, I can definitely see why this is a classic. So far in ACT 3 and throughly enjoying the game. My biggest wish is for bigger inventory and stackable potions. My wife prefers Diablo 2 to both Grim Dawn and Diablo 3. Definitely glad I decided to get it!

Should have seen how small the stash was in legacy Diablo 2.

Yesterday after spending a crazy amount of time searching for the actual place in the tomb to place that staff I made with the cube (sorry don’t recall the names much less the spelling) I didn’t have it when I got there.

I died previously but retrieved my stuff and just didn’t notice I didn’t have it. When you die carrying a quest item is it just gone? I guess I have no choice but to start a new game session, retrieve the pieces, make a new one, and do it all over?

Yesterday after spending a crazy amount of time searching for the actual place in the tomb to place that staff I made with the cube (sorry don’t recall the names much less the spelling) I didn’t have it when I got there.

I died previously but retrieved my stuff and just didn’t notice I didn’t have it. When you die carrying a quest item is it just gone? I guess I have no choice but to start a new game session, retrieve the pieces, make a new one, and do it all over?
Maybe you partially looted it?

if you have stuff in your inventory it can prevent you from fully looting your corpse, though it's usually obviously since you'll get most of your shit but the body will linger.

Maybe you partially looted it?

if you have stuff in your inventory it can prevent you from fully looting your corpse, though it's usually obviously since you'll get most of your shit but the body will linger.

Yeah I actually made two trips to fully loot it, checked the spot again once I realized I didn’t have it and there was nothing there.

My little brother has been strangly lucky with drops since D2R came out...then he texts me this last night. Do you have any idea what the drop rate on it is? FFS

Attachments

• 658BC76C-E623-466C-9416-9092BC0493D8.jpeg
    658BC76C-E623-466C-9416-9092BC0493D8.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 0
Man this just keeps getting better. I jumped in on the fight with Duriel without knowing it was about to happen and was killed almost instantly, I geared up, went back, same thing. If I can’t kill him and retrieve my stuff in this game session will it be gone for good?

I’m running out of money and it doesn’t look like I can kill him myself. :(

Man this just keeps getting better. I jumped in on the fight with Duriel without knowing it was about to happen and was killed almost instantly, I geared up, went back, same thing. If I can’t kill him and retrieve my stuff in this game session will it be gone for good?

I know if you have one corpse on the ground you can leave the game and come back and your body will be back in town. I’m not sure how multiple corpses are handled unfortunately.

I know if you have one corpse on the ground you can leave the game and come back and your body will be back in town. I’m not sure how multiple corpses are handled unfortunately.
From my memories of a wasted youth, the most recent corpse returns to town and everything else is gone. PS I had some good stuff in the cow level that I thought I'd grab real quick :(

if anyone needs help, please reach out @espin#1448. I can clear all content and have an abundance of gold. If anyone needs help with anything please reach out before getting frustrated and quitting. This game may be old but if you dont know all the ins and outs, you will get absolutely chewed up.

Your main corpse will be retrieved. secondaries will not. So if you die with all your loot, and keep dying naked you are fine. If you die, and regear up and die again, all your secondary gear will drop on the group iirc. Just dont DC with your loot on the ground.
edit: also after you have been in a game for about 15 min i believe, even if you leave it blizz will keep it active for 5 min. This is lobby made games, not you hitting play and it giving a random generated name and PW. Always, ALWAYS make a lobby game for long play sessions. even if you password and prefer to be solo.

He's pretty tough, but in case you aren't aware you can purchase thawing potions in town to help you/your merc with cold res.

Starting to get a little better I guess, Mophesto only killed me once :D

Still last night game session I died like 3 times, started out with 250k gold and ended with less. I feel like I’m ready to reallocate skill points at level 28 and middle of act 4.

You can do that once per difficulty right? Since I’m close to the end this would be a good time to do it?

Still last night game session I died like 3 times, started out with 250k gold and ended with less. I feel like I’m ready to reallocate skill points at level 28 and middle of act 4.

You can do that once per difficulty right? Since I’m close to the end this would be a good time to do it?
You can respec once per difficulty.

But, if you get the Karla mod, you can respec using a town portal scroll & a identify scroll combined in your Horadric Cube :D

send me your battletag if you are on pc. Ill see if i have spare gear laying around to throw your way!

Reactions: w35t
like this

Put your gold in a shared stash tab. You don't lose it when you die that way.

Picked this up last week and just completed the normal campaign at L36, casually playing a fireball sorc without any grinding or farming.
1.jpg

This was truly a solid hit off the nostalgia bong, esp for the 80s/90s kids who grew up on the original 20 years ago. It's quite remarkable how the game holds up, considering it's pretty much untouched except for visuals - this is only more proof of how much ahead of it's time D2 was back in the day.

Vicarious Visions did a fantastic job with the appearance of the world in this remaster, making sure to stay true to the artistic vision of the original game. The scenery, ambience and atmosphere of this series still hasn't been outdone by the other arpgs which have made an attempt to do so.

That said, there are definitely some QoL changes that should have been implemented. Like binding skills directly to hotkeys or replacing immunities with high resistance or fixing the potion to belt spam/micro management.

I see mod authors attempting some QoL attempts but the game isn't that mod friendly so we'll see how it goes.

Servers down twice in two days. I was hoping to get some morning Meph runs in but was denied.

My dad is 60, he got me into the original D2 when I was a kid, 20 years ago. I've been playing ever since. Loving D2R, just as much as D2 when I was 14/15.
I’m loving it too, my sorceress doesn’t quite rival the one I had at the peak of my LoD days but I’m still having fun.

I think I’m going to get a Javazon going next.

im 32 and I remember going to eb games in the mall with my father and buying 6 copies of the game. he bought all my friends copies and on the way home dropped them off to their houses and explained to their parents what the game was and isnt some satan game. I had so many lan parties growing up around this game and now all those friends are back online including my dad grinding away. Its amazing. My blizzard sorc is now @ like +13 skills and 320 mf, i think its time to make a hammerdin

im 32 and I remember going to eb games in the mall with my father and buying 6 copies of the game. he bought all my friends copies and on the way home dropped them off to their houses and explained to their parents what the game was and isnt some satan game. I had so many lan parties growing up around this game and now all those friends are back online including my dad grinding away. Its amazing. My blizzard sorc is now @ like +13 skills and 320 mf, i think its time to make a hammerdin
Ja, the game came out in 2000. I'm sure the majority of people on this forum are old enough to have played and enjoyed it when it first came out. I was only 16 at the time, so not even 40 yet.

Finished the normal run through and just started Nightmare, it was definitely easier at the end once I had leaf, lore, and stealth, pretty much breezed through Act V. I'm guessing my fireball sorceress is gonna hit a wall if I don't figure out a way to do some non fire damage. I didn't use a re-spec on my first playthrough so I guess I have a couple chances at this point to figure it out. Still have plenty of game mechanics to learn but I'm definitely having a good time with it.

Back