Diablo II Resurrected: Offical Thread

I missed Diablo 2 as a kid but I played 3. If I liked 3 do you think I will like this one?
Diablo 3 (assuming you mean modern post-RoS diablo 3) is a black hole where you waste your life away in exchange for paragon levels.
Diablo 2 is a black hole where you waste your life away in exchange for uber godly gg lootz.Oh, and PvP. This game actually had PvP. Why Blizzard decided to remove the games best feature for Diablo 3 blows my mind.

D2 is closer to PoE than it is to D3 IMO. It's like a painfully slow version of PoE minus all of the complexity.

Diablo 2 is probably my favorite game of all time, but I'm not sure I'd find it enjoyable if I never played it before and grew up playing games like D3 and PoE.

On the topic of D2 Resurrected... Act 3 SUCKED 20 years ago and it REALLY SUCKS in present day. They deserve an award for how bad act 3 is. If anyone wants to give me hell trav/durance WPs, I'll love you long time.

I forgot how hard Duriel is.
I was scared, until I just poisoned him and ran in circles for 2 minutes. Killed him at level 19 I think. Maybe 18. I'm a javelin Amazon.

Ran out of stamina and had to face tank the remaining 20% of his health.

Edit: even with his slow, he wasn't fast enough to reliably catch me. Runeword Stealth probably made the difference.

Ridiculous, do it at like 3am to 5am not on a weekend during prime time gaming hours. Just bought the game and cant play it. Great......

Use your brain, if they do this on a weekend in prime gaming time it means they have serious issues that need to be addressed ASAP or they would leave it until the next maintenance.

Every game launch at Blizzard is a disaster.

Use your brain, if they do this on a weekend in prime gaming time it means they have serious issues that need to be addressed ASAP or they would leave it until the next maintenance.

Every game launch at Blizzard is a disaster.

So using my brain, I concluded they are incompetent when it comes to technical aspects of launch. I think you came to a same conclusion. Why wouldn't this incompetence spill into other areas of their decision making, such as when to schedule maintenance?

Co-op is just so fun, especially with a group that sticks together. Start to Finished act 2 in what seemed like no time with 4 others on a game I hosted.

Servers ran great last night on my end.

Lvl 22 pally

Enjoying it so far.

Now you guys have me thinking about playing. grrrr
os2349gmimq61.gif

Forgot the cinematic. I'm not one for fantasy, but this story always appealed to me.

Welp. Herrrre weeeeeeeee goooooooooooo

So 20m and two dozen deaths to kill blood raven and I'm having major mana issues. wow, we've been spoiled these past twenty years. heh

yes. this is damned near impossible. I can't even take on blue mobs. I'm out of mana, getting killed in just a few hits.

I forgot about this. Am I just farming the starting zone to get a few items?

yes. this is damned near impossible. I can't even take on blue mobs. I'm out of mana, getting killed in just a few hits.

I forgot about this. Am I just farming the starting zone to get a few items?
Socket your weapons with +lightning or +poison damage. Youre making this harder than it is. Also, don't run into packs of skeletons with bows, flank them and take out the stragglers before you take on the named enemies.

Here's a good guide to help you early on with Runewords that can really help you out in the early game, pay attention to killing the Countess in the Black Marsh in Act I, https://screenrant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-best-runewords-early-game-useful/

Stealth (TalEth)

Stealth is a strong chest armor Runeword that is easy to get fairly early. Due to its 25% Faster Cast Rate bonus and 15% Regenerate Mana bonus, it's a great choice for casting classes, and its +6 To Dexterity also makes it useful early-game for characters focused on Dexterity. The Runeword can be formed with the Tal and Eth runes, which can be farmed from The Countess boss in Act 1.

What class are you playing?

Last edited:
Socket your weapons with +lightning or +poison damage. Youre making this harder than it is. Also, don't run into packs of skeletons with bows, flank them and take out the stragglers before you take on the named enemies.

Here's a good guide to help you early on with Runewords that can really help you out in the early game, pay attention to killing the Countess in the Black Marsh in Act I, https://screenrant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-best-runewords-early-game-useful/

Stealth (TalEth)

Stealth is a strong chest armor Runeword that is easy to get fairly early. Due to its 25% Faster Cast Rate bonus and 15% Regenerate Mana bonus, it's a great choice for casting classes, and its +6 To Dexterity also makes it useful early-game for characters focused on Dexterity. The Runeword can be formed with the Tal and Eth runes, which can be farmed from The Countess boss in Act 1.

Cold Sorc going Blizz.

I found a rare bow for my merc, so that's helped a bunch. Forgot how unforgiving this game was. heh

Cold Sorc going Blizz.

I found a rare bow for my merc, so that's helped a bunch. Forgot how unforgiving this game was. heh

Starting cold is tough. It's better to start fireball then respec cold at level 30.

Yes, it's a tough game. Old games are hard as hell. New games are easy.

Cold Sorc going Blizz.

Hang with it. One of my characters is a Sorceress with Blizzard, it gets to be a lot of fun in your mid 30's once you go down the skill tree a little.

Starting cold is tough. It's better to start fireball then respec cold at level 30.

Yes, it's a tough game. Old games are hard as hell. New games are easy.

Keep in mind, you can only respect every one difficulty so, (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)

After that, you have to farm essence from bosses on Hell difficulty in order to respec.

Yea, I remember back in the day I cleared everything without a hitch as a blizz sorc. My Act NM Merc had and ETH BOTD Warpike with some Rainbow Jewel in the helm. I wrecked everything.

Keep in mind, you can only respect every one difficulty so, (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)

After that, you have to farm essence from bosses on Hell difficulty in order to respec.

Should be the only respec you need to do :)

Finally got this installed... man going from apex to diablo is a rough transition lol. Took me a while to get my bearings with kb controls and forcing myself not to use the wasd keys lol. Having lots of nostalgic fun with this revamp of the game..

Finally got this installed... man going from apex to diablo is a rough transition lol. Took me a while to get my bearings with kb controls and forcing myself not to use the wasd keys lol. Having lots of nostalgic fun with this revamp of the game..
Yea, I forgot all about the Left Mouse Click and Right Mouse Click for skills. That's going to take some getting used to.

I made it to Act 4 last night after over-leveling for Duriel and breezing through Act 3. The game is great and I think I’m addicted again. Can wait to start doing some mindless boss runs when I hit Nightmare.

I made it to Act 4 last night after over-leveling for Duriel and breezing through Act 3. The game is great and I think I’m addicted again. Can wait to start doing some mindless boss runs when I hit Nightmare.
I thought I remembered liking act 3.

Then I played through it and my God is it boring. Literally just hours of running diagonally upwards with a couple dungeons.

Then I poisoned Mephisto while he struggled to chase me. 10 minutes later he died.

Also I love when an enemy somehow manages to harmlessly walk down a hallway that's thin enough that we can't walk past each other, but still somehow wide enough to avoid the giant poison plume from my spear.

Regular maintenance is not done on Sunday afternoon during prime playing hours. They were fixing something major.

Who said it was regular maintenance. I said it was maintenance. Of course they were fixing something major.

The closer you get to lvl 30 the faster things start ramping up.

I remember the best part of levelling a character is when you first beat Normal. Then you get to restart with new named items and the music of Act 1 again lol.

Ok so I never played this but am thinking about giving it a shot. Stupid question if I may... I see people complaining about servers being down but I'm reading the game isn't online only. Do you just need healthy servers for playing with friends and PVP?

Ok so I never played this but am thinking about giving it a shot. Stupid question if I may... I see people complaining about servers being down but I'm reading the game isn't online only. Do you just need healthy servers for playing with friends and PVP?

Servers being down prevents you from playing online/pvp/ and with friends. However, considering how it just launched it hasn't been that bad. Hopefully it gets to the point where it only ever goes down for normal maintenance windows, but that time is not yet.

Back