Diablo II Resurrected: Offical Thread

Why the fuck do i get kicked in an offline game? I'm playing an offline character and then "connection interrupted". WTF? This is 2021 how can they not plan for this stuff?
I wonder if it's possible to use a cracked exe

I gotta ask..... why isn't this thread going nuts?

I pre-ordered, but haven't sat down with it yet.....

Is.... something amiss?
What were you expecting? Complaints? I’m not sure how large the target audience is for this game and those it does target have jobs and families now.

I played a few hours last night after initially having server errors. It’s fun but Act 1 is boring, especially after playing through it in the beta. Also it takes a while to get a magic find character levelled to start the fun stuff.

What were you expecting? Complaints? I’m not sure how large the target audience is for this game and those it does target have jobs and families now.

I played a few hours last night after initially having server errors. It’s fun but Act 1 is boring, especially after playing through it in the beta. Also it takes a while to get a magic find character levelled to start the fun stuff.

I hate to admit it, but games like PoE, Grim Dawn, and even D3 are far more worthy of my time....

Nostalgia, you lose - yet again.

Anyone have a ~60 str 2 socket chest peice? preferably with high defense, need to make a stealth. Just hit 30 tonight, Frozen orb is life.

Anyone have a ~60 str 2 socket chest peice? preferably with high defense, need to make a stealth. Just hit 30 tonight, Frozen orb is life.

I got you.

I actually bought one from Fara in Act 2 for mine haha.

I'll be on around 1500 eastern today if you haven't found one

Is.... something amiss?
It's the original game running underneath with a "visual layer" running on top of it, so while the game was a masterpiece for its time (and still is exceptional in many ways), it's lacking a lot of the quality of life features you would expect in a modern release. If this were a new game released today it would be described as 'clunky'.

If they did a full 'remake' rather than a 'visual remaster running on top of the old game', with some QoL (like updated/smoother gameplay, better item crafting, removing the constant belt refilling/potion spam, improve the skill/spells (esp. their hitboxes), a more refined end game etc) there would probably be a lot more newcomers to the franchise, though some of the hardcore old schoolers might whine about the changes.

It's the original game running underneath with a "visual layer" running on top of it, so while the game was a masterpiece for its time (and still is exceptional in many ways), it's lacking a lot of the quality of life features you would expect in a modern release. If this were a new game released today it would be described as 'clunky'.

If they did a full 'remake' rather than a 'visual remaster running on top of the old game', with some QoL (like updated/smoother gameplay, better item crafting, removing the constant belt refilling/potion spam, improve the skill/spells (esp. their hitboxes), a more refined end game etc) there would probably be a lot more newcomers to the franchise, though some of the hardcore old schoolers might whine about the changes.

The likely hood they'd destroy it by a "full remake" is also much much higher. Go play POE if those are the things you want.

The reality is that if you want to replay/relive the D2 experience without playing at 800x600 and running a 20 year old client then this is the way to do it.

The other ARPGs have all been around long enough that no one cares about the "which one is better" debate anymore, which we only really had in the first place due to the massive lull in ARPGs after D2. Those other games all offer their own brand at this point and none of them play like D2.

I thought the beta felt clunky but it seems much smoother on live, and the game is absolutely beautiful. With shared stash and some of the other QOL features it definitely breathes new life into the game, but it's still just D2 at heart, which is what many people wanted.

The reality is that if you want to replay/relive the D2 experience without playing at 800x600 and running a 20 year old client then this is the way to do it.

The other ARPGs have all been around long enough that no one cares about the "which one is better" debate anymore, which we only really had in the first place due to the massive lull in ARPGs after D2. Those other games all offer their own brand at this point and none of them play like D2.

I thought the beta felt clunky but it seems much smoother on live, and the game is absolutely beautiful. With shared stash and some of the other QOL features it definitely breathes new life into the game, but it's still just D2 at heart, which is what many people wanted.
bought the game for my 10 year old and my father immediately went out and bought it. Diablo 2 is where those deep rooted gaming memories all started. Im loving everything so far.

People are actually boycott' blizzard due to the sexual harrassment lawsuits and the SEC investigating them maybe, people actually voting with their wallet?

Or people just waiting for D4 instead of buying this stop gap remake

I just had my first WHAAAT moment when I found a Tals ammy in A5 normal:

Screenshot001.png

at the end of act 1, and all of a sudden my amazon can't use her bow. the same one i've been using for two hours. nothing changed. just can't use it. in fact i can't use any weapons now...

Screenshot 2021-09-25 194555.jpg

not sure if these are in the game. A couple official remixed tracks with a modern vibe/take
Tristram is pretty dope
Wilderness isn't really recognizable but still sweet

Damn, i dislike you. Besides the fact I'm only in act 2. I've been taking it pretty slow though. (jk of of course, good find)
Well the interesting thing is that, as far as I know, this type of find was not possible on the original version. I was expecting it to be an Angelic set ammy or something, not a lvl 67 amulet from a sub-lvl 30 zone. So does this mean that the drop rates have been tweaked? Time to farm!

Well the interesting thing is that, as far as I know, this type of find was not possible on the original version. I was expecting it to be an Angelic set ammy or something, not a lvl 67 amulet from a sub-lvl 30 zone. So does this mean that the drop rates have been tweaked? Time to farm!
The Wiki article for it says that it is a quality level 26 item, so it can drop in Normal it is just very rare for it to drop at all.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Tal_Rasha's_Adjudication

The Wiki article for it says that it is a quality level 26 item, so it can drop in Normal it is just very rare for it to drop at all.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Tal_Rasha's_Adjudication

So what you're telling me is that I just spent all my luck by Act 5 normal...

I'm currently in A1 nightmare and still wearing Arctic gloves/belt so I'm hoping for some drops soon. One thing that is really awesome is revamped gambling system: now you can just refresh until you see an item you want, then buy as many as you want.

Is diablo down for anyone else? My characters aren't even showing up. Lol, can blizz activision ever do anything without fucking it up?

Is diablo down for anyone else? My characters aren't even showing up. Lol, can blizz activision ever do anything without fucking it up?

They are currently having a maintenance.

1632680969652.png

Also, this is literally nothing compared to past launches.

wtf is happening right now

Tower generated out of bounds on one, it's invisible and impossible to reach. Remake game, find tower, map was already discovered inside it but it's wrong. There's solid walls and absolutely no way to get to the next floor.

edit:
yeah I keep getting completely fucked up maps. I was doing Countess runs and haven't gotten a working dungeon in about 15 minutes. The maps are already discovered, but totally wrong and seem to be impossible. I managed to get to the 2nd floor on one, but there was no entrance to the 3rd floor or it was out of bounds.

Attachments

• 1632684858173.png
    1632684858173.png
    971.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1632684903041.png
    1632684903041.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I fucked up on my pally build already, LVL 12- should I just restart over or use a Respec? Already a few wasted skills.

I'm gonna follow the Holy Fire build until 40 I think.

Last edited:
once you hit 30 and start getting your big abilities, you start steam rolling.

I forgot how hard Duriel is.

Yea, I made the mistake of making an es sorce, which isn't really viable without certain equipment. I'm getting handed. I might have to gain a few levels or waste some points.

*particularly a cold es* Should have made a fire, lol.

I should have known better....

Last edited:
Back