Diablo II Resurrected: Offical Thread

Some streamers have early access and are streaming it right now if you want to check it out. It seems you can instantly toggle between the original visuals and remastered visuals anytime you want without any loading, since this game is just a visual layer running on the old game simultaneously.

I'm not seeing any PoE streamers atm streaming it, I wonder if Blizz intentionally left them out. Would be a mistake to do so imo, as large numbers of arpg fans have flocked to PoE streams for years now since D3 turned out to have no longevity.
Diablo doesnt need PoE folks, lol...

Diablo doesnt need PoE folks, lol...
If they want the streams to be entertaining they should have brought in some people with hefty arpg experience. It's that simple. Right now watching FPS, BR, CoD etc players playing kinda sucks when their commentary shows how little experience they have with the genre.

If they want the streams to be entertaining they should have brought in some people with hefty arpg experience. It's that simple. Right now watching FPS, BR, CoD etc players playing kinda sucks when their commentary shows how little experience they have with the genre.
still not sure why that matters?

all about sales. Blizzard has and will have it on D2 remake w/o any PoE streaming support is my only point.

I played it for a little bit today having never played it before. There are a few things I hope they modernize or add a few more options for, but overall it's phenomenal. It plays great on my PC, and was entertaining.

Supported ultrawide even, so im super excited about the game at this point.

I played it for a little bit today having never played it before. There are a few things I hope they modernize or add a few more options for, but overall it's phenomenal. It plays great on my PC, and was entertaining.

Welcome then, may it bring you many many years of enjoyment!

I believe the developers stated that they updated a few things like shared stash, increase the size of the stash and auto gold pick up but they wanted to leave it as original as possible. I would however like a inventory organizer.

What kind of FPS? Is there a cap?

still not sure why that matters?

all about sales. Blizzard has and will have it on D2 remake w/o any PoE streaming support is my only point.
One of the big reasons that POE even exists is because the creators were GIGANTIC Diablo 2 fans. Blizzard had basically disowned the Diablo IP for like 12 years and some dudes decided to try making their own, while also splashing in some MTG and Final Fantasy influences, etc.

So I think I agree with both of you. Blizzard doesn't really need POE streamers, sure, but POE streamers do make the most sense because there is huge overlap between the fanbases of the two franchises. There were many many players that would not "leave" D2 for D3, but they did leave for POE.

I'm curious if there are plans to continue development of the game after launching with patch 1.14.

One of the big reasons that POE even exists is because the creators were GIGANTIC Diablo 2 fans. Blizzard had basically disowned the Diablo IP for like 12 years and some dudes decided to try making their own, while also splashing in some MTG and Final Fantasy influences, etc.
Yes they were, POE used to be great, when it first released! Have you played it recently? Its console garbage, the FOV is way too zoomed in, making it unplayable. Its basically a mobile game now, monetized beyond belief with stupid pet and costume items. If the developers really wanted to make a game like Diablo 2 they would have mirrored its legacy too, now its just going to be known as the game that used to be great, unlike Diablo 2.

Last edited:
Yes they were, POE used to be great, when it first released! Have you played it recently? Its console garbage, the FOV is way too zoomed in, making it unplayable. Its basically a mobile game now, monetized beyond belief with stupid pet and costume items. If the developers really wanted to make a game like Diablo 2 they would have mirrored its legacy too, now its just going to be known as the game that used to be great, unlike Diablo 2.
I think the main problem with POE has been their own schedule. GGG can't put out 4 quality expansions per year, yet they also don't want to give up the revenue from putting out 4 expansions per year...But fear not for POE1, as it's being ported/redone with all the improvements of the POE2 engine, and POE2 looks incredible.

For D2, I think I finally gave up around 2008/2009. I love to give it a play every now and then but the graphics and clunky...everything can quickly put a damper my nostalgic enthusiasm. This one will be wild with 8 players + mercs lol! The hardcore ladder is gonna be awesome.

I think the main problem with POE has been their own schedule. GGG can't put out 4 quality expansions per year, yet they also don't want to give up the revenue from putting out 4 expansions per year...But fear not for POE1, as it's being ported/redone with all the improvements of the POE2 engine, and POE2 looks incredible.

For D2, I think I finally gave up around 2008/2009. I love to give it a play every now and then but the graphics and clunky...everything can quickly put a damper my nostalgic enthusiasm. This one will be wild with 8 players + mercs lol! The hardcore ladder is gonna be awesome.
Its an exciting time to be an ARPG fan for sure. Can't wait to play the D2 remaster. I think POE 2 looks excellent also, and I'm hoping they don't change the camera. Now the problem, coming up on 40 years old, its going to be difficult to make time & find 4 friends to play it together.

PoE has always been like that since I started playing it in 2014, though. The majority opinion seems to be that this is how you do a free to play game correctly. I have not played it in a long time, though, because of how bloated and convoluted the game itself has become.

PoE has always been like that since I started playing it in 2014, though. The majority opinion seems to be that this is how you do a free to play game correctly. I have not played it in a long time, though, because of how bloated and convoluted the game itself has become.
Same here, the more they added to the game, the more it turned me off to it. It just became too much micromanagement.

Same here, the more they added to the game, the more it turned me off to it. It just became too much micromanagement.
I enjoy that micromanagement. There's just so much more freedom in builds than Diablo, but I totally understand the appeal of both.

I enjoy that micromanagement. There's just so much more freedom in builds than Diablo, but I totally understand the appeal of both.
The skill Galaxy is fine. I liked it in Final Fantasy X too. I had problems with all the gems & armor enhancements, specifically the gem slot linking system, it was frustrating.

The skill Galaxy is fine. I liked it in Final Fantasy X too. I had problems with all the gems & armor enhancements, specifically the gem slot linking system, it was frustrating.
Yeah, the gem system is a lot to take in. I don't get sweaty with it, I just role with whatever I feel like during a league.

I'm not excited for D2, but I'll probably pick it up just for the nostalgia. POE will still be my go-to fix.

Krenum can you correct the spelling of the thread title...I knew there was a thread for this game but the Search didn't turn up anything because of the spelling and was hard to find...Diablo II: Resurrected

Path of Exile has ruined any other ARPG for me. I'm afraid if I don't get a game that swarms me with 85 mobs at a time for me to clear in 1.7 seconds I'll be bored.

Well I'm generally against preordering games these days but that trailer looks amazing and it comes with early open beta access (probably like 24 hours early lol). A September release date is a really pleasant surprise I must say.

Day 1 for me. Can't wait!
Absolutely. I've put together a group to start day 1 as well; I'm hoping for 4-5 day 1 with 2-3 stragglers on and off. Let me know if you want to join. An old [H] junky would be welcome.

I'm calling the whole thing the 'Full Retard Experience'; I put together a google doc to plan/coordinate characters to synergize well. The goal is to get through the game quickly and farm hell Chaos/Baal en route to key hunting and doing ubers on budget gear. I'm taking off 2-3 days of work and getting extra childcare for this whole thing.

Anyway, let the games begin Hiyoooo!

Absolutely. I've put together a group to start day 1 as well; I'm hoping for 4-5 day 1 with 2-3 stragglers on and off. Let me know if you want to join. An old [H] junky would be welcome.

I'm calling the whole thing the 'Full Retard Experience'; I put together a google doc to plan/coordinate characters to synergize well. The goal is to get through the game quickly and farm hell Chaos/Baal en route to key hunting and doing ubers on budget gear. I'm taking off 2-3 days of work and getting extra childcare for this whole thing.

Anyway, let the games begin Hiyoooo!
Sure lmk your battle net tag/name and I will add you now. Already taking that Thursday/Friday from work 😂

Early Access beta for pre-orders starts this Friday. The open beta starts next Friday. The beta includes Acts I and II, PvP, and 5 out of the 7 classes (all except Assassin and Necromancer). Cross-play progression and early controller support will be available. Both betas run for 4 days starting on 17:00 UTC August 13 and August 20.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...rrected-during-the-early-access-and-open-beta

Just noticed down at the bottom of the FAQ that they removed TCP/IP from the game. I guess that means no more private servers, "players 8," or resetting SP maps...

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to this game and playing it again, but now I have no plans to buy this for a while as I am sure it will be a buggy mess at launch and have all sorts of things they have messed up. I dont want to get burned like I did with warcraft 3 refunded. Tired of getting hyped and burned over and over by blizz...

I was really looking forward to this game and playing it again, but now I have no plans to buy this for a while as I am sure it will be a buggy mess at launch and have all sorts of things they have messed up. I dont want to get burned like I did with warcraft 3 refunded. Tired of getting hyped and burned over and over by blizz...
It's the same game running underneath, just with a fresh coat of paint. Warcraft 3 Reforged was a full blown attempted remake and Activision corporate sabotaged that project. I would hope that after the widespread backlash to that outcome that corporate would have learned to not meddle with Blizzard's development process.

That being said, I would definitely wait and see what the community's reaction will be. Corporate meddling or not, Blizzard needs to prove that they can put out a decent product again.

Resurrected wasn't made by Blizzard.

Like Armenius said, its the same game running underneath.

Looking forward to getting a peak at it this weekend. Won't play to much but it should be fun.

Got the early access beta notification email last night and I'm excited! Don't generally pre-order anything anymore but for D2 I made an exception.

I regularly played D2 until sometime into 2008 IIRC, and the main reasons I stopped were because the game wasn't being supported and it just became too dated in the graphics and controls areas, plus the community was pretty dead - the heyday was over.

Then again, whenever I get the urge to play D2 again it's not the gameplay that turns me off, it's those same technical factors. I still love the gameplay, the atmosphere, etc.

So I'm looking forward to seeing what they've been able to do, because as good as PoE, Grim Dawn, and D3 were, none of them recaptured the D2 magic IMO:
- D3 is an arcade game with no depth (fun but not the same at all)
- PoE started well but went off the rails with speedy/bullet hell/one shots/extreme grinds/bad league mechanics
- Grim Dawn is neat but the lack of servers and randomized maps are major detriments to me

So if they've managed to simply enhance the game that I loved and maybe fix a few things then it'll be well worth the price to me.

Man i'm going to fully regress for about 5 days (and partially for the rest of the 1st ladder) and play the crap out of this game with a big group. Hiyoooo!

Reactions: Aix.
like this
I'll definitely be downloading the open beta. Don't really have time to game anymore but I'll make time on those 5 days.

I'll definitely be downloading the open beta. Don't really have time to game anymore but I'll make time on those 5 days.
tbh I'm going to 'save myself' fo launch, but will def mess around can't go fully into it

Back