Diablo II Resurrected: Offical Thread

"Classic Blizzard" - reminds me of......every other launch?

For sure, I can still remember the d3 launch. I was really poor back then looking for a job. My brother knew how much I loved d2. He bought me d3. We all know how that went. I loved d3 before reaper.

Didn't have any problems getting into a game. Although I chose to play "Offline".

Forgot how fun the assassin was to play, the game looks incredible maxed out!

Didn't have any problems getting into a game. Although I chose to play "Offline".

Forgot how fun the assassin was to play, the game looks incredible maxed out!

Yea, I transferred my old guys to resurrected. I'm transferring a few things right now, then I'll continue, when the server comes back up. I'll keep telling myself that I didn't take a day off to play a broken launch. :p

I missed Diablo 2 as a kid but I played 3. If I liked 3 do you think I will like this one?

Diablo 3 was the worst thing to ever happen to the Diablo series. Diablo 2 is the best...so im guessing yes. Unless youre really young and/or require instant gratification lol

Damn, was planning to play with a buddy but he is still using a GTX 580 and apparently the game will literally not launch saying he's below the minimum requirements. He's on Win10 and latest drivers. :(

I believe I read a fix for that...start the game directly as administrator without the b.net launcher

There is definitely still pentagrams. Saw some in the fire on floors, saw one on an amulet etc.

I saw those too but they were a lot more subtle and not upside down for the most part...in other words they were just stars lol.

The giant red upside DOWN pentagrams from the menu were taken out for a reason. Censorship, political correctness, china, whatever. Sign of the times I guess.

C356C6BA-626A-4042-A092-1D5020B7748E.gif

Last edited:
I saw those too but they were a lot more subtle and not upside down for the most part...in other words they were just stars lol.

The giant red upside DOWN pentagrams from the menu were taken out for a reason. Censorship, political correctness, china, whatever. Sign of the times I guess.

View attachment 397361
Diablo 2 didn't have pentagrams in the original menu screen. Diablo 1 did though.

Diablo 2 didn't have pentagrams in the original menu screen. Diablo 1 did though.

Meant the options screen or menu or whatever when you press the escape key lol...basically it was in your face. Its obvious why they removed it

Ah yeah...you know, as long as I've played D2, I never even noticed it in the new version, sneaky.

They started doing it in D3 from what I remember. The pentagrams were in sneaky areas and no longer upside down, etc

D1 and D2 were like "youre playing a game about the devil himself, you have to fight through his naked succubus and demonic knights and witness the satanic rituals and blood and horror everywhere on the pathway to hell.

D3 was more "hehe, this game is a tad more dark and spooky than WoW, great halloween fun for the whole family as promised by Jay Wilson himself!

no more shit like this lol

(Not that its a huge deal or effecting gameplay or anything, just a sign of the times like I said before)

Attachments

• 3B346040-5ECE-49DC-AA39-23B6D5B007A8.jpeg
    3B346040-5ECE-49DC-AA39-23B6D5B007A8.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 50D3F417-6FB4-4A91-BA1D-1F08EDD35FC6.jpeg
    50D3F417-6FB4-4A91-BA1D-1F08EDD35FC6.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 0
  • A33C809A-EDB2-42DA-84E7-544265389749.jpeg
    A33C809A-EDB2-42DA-84E7-544265389749.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2A84C32D-BBA8-4ECA-9F17-6724DFA4D3CE.jpeg
    2A84C32D-BBA8-4ECA-9F17-6724DFA4D3CE.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
They started doing it in D3 from what I remember. The pentagrams were in sneaky areas and no longer upside down, etc

D1 and D2 were like "youre playing a game about the devil himself, you have to fight through his naked succubus and demonic knights and witness the satanic rituals and blood and horror everywhere on the pathway to hell.

D3 was more "hehe, this game is a tad more dark and spooky than WoW, great halloween fun for the whole family as promised by Jay Wilson himself!

no more shit like this lol

(Not that its a huge deal or effecting gameplay or anything, just a sign of the times like I said before)
Oh I know, I'm well versed on the disparities of Diablo 3. It was one of the worst games ever made. I could look past the cartoony oil painted graphics, but the story line was downright offensive.

Deckard Cain should have never been killed by a mini boss butterfly. I always believed that they should have made him Belial, which would have explained his motives in helping the hero's through Diablo 1 & 2 to destroy Diablo & take over Hell himself, since that was his ultimate goal through the Sin Wars. But hey, they don't pay me to make good storylines.

So people are getting their characters wiped? WTF, stupid.

I made mine offline, hope its still there when I get home tonight.

Yeah apparently if you didn't log out in time your char got rolled back lol

I, picked up this awesome sorceress wand... It was gone when I logged in. :mad: (well awesome for low levels anyways) At least it wasn't wiped. lol.

Was about to log in finally, just home from work. Any server progress since the morning?

Everything was running smooth and then just got booted at level 6. Lol

16324462573961072101798210410283.jpg

Why the fuck do i get kicked in an offline game? I'm playing an offline character and then "connection interrupted". WTF? This is 2021 how can they not plan for this stuff?

Why the fuck do i get kicked in an offline game? I'm playing an offline character and then "connection interrupted". WTF? This is 2021 how can they not plan for this stuff?
Can't dupe items in offline mode (as if you could with resurrected anyway) if you can't play the game
think-smart-meme.gif

Typical companies making millions in profit but completely undercut on the infra they need to launch a game they KNOW will get a crap ton of traffic. Same thing with Relix and Apex Legends, every new season and patch, server suck for a week.

Have none of these companies heard of burstable infrastructure.. and load testing their games

Typical companies making millions in profit but completely undercut on the infra they need to launch a game they KNOW will get a crap ton of traffic. Same thing with Relix and Apex Legends, every new season and patch, server suck for a week.

Have none of these companies heard of burstable infrastructure.. and load testing their games
Blizzard servers must be linked to the US .gov servers also :LOL:

I seem to remember D3 being a shit show for the first couple weeks. Anyways, my offline character got to lvl 5. Game looks GOOD! Great remake all around minus disconnections. Looks way better than D3 and isn't capped at 60fps! I feel like they could have made ultrawide work though so booo, even though i'm not on UW I feel for guys that are.

Switch to EU.
Yup, next to the game version in the Battle.net application you can select the other regions. I couldn't get a game in NA but didn't know about the region selection thing...played just fine on EU.

I gotta ask..... why isn't this thread going nuts?

I pre-ordered, but haven't sat down with it yet.....

Is.... something amiss?

Back