Diablo II Resurrected: Offical Thread

Westwood

Supreme [H]ardness
Just beat NM Meph last night. Level 52. Anxiously getting to Act V for a few hundred Pindle runs. I made Stealth armor last night. Still rocking Leaf Staff. Other gear is garbage.

So yea, what is the story if you die, you drop your loot, and can't retrieve your body? All that stuff is gone? Or it reappears in a new game?

Krenum

Fully [H]
Just beat NM Meph last night. Level 52. Anxiously getting to Act V for a few hundred Pindle runs. I made Stealth armor last night. Still rocking Leaf Staff. Other gear is garbage.

So yea, what is the story if you die, you drop your loot, and can't retrieve your body? All that stuff is gone? Or it reappears in a new game?
You can retrieve your body if you die, you lose your gold though, just like always or start a new game and spawn with your old body to recover in town. Unless youre playing Hardcore.

Armenius

Fully [H]
1634222503955.png

Armenius

Fully [H]
Blizzard goes into detail of why the servers have been suffering so many issues. The short of it is that even the network code was inherited from the original game, and it wasn't designed to handle the kind of load they're seeing. Considering that they also launched on consoles at the same time while the original game was a "niche" PC game I'm surprised they didn't see this coming. Look forward to login queues and limiting the rate at which you can create games in the near future.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d...king-on-it-and-how-we’re-moving-forward/28164

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Blizzard goes into detail of why the servers have been suffering so many issues. The short of it is that even the network code was inherited from the original game, and it wasn't designed to handle the kind of load they're seeing. Considering that they also launched on consoles at the same time while the original game was a "niche" PC game I'm surprised they didn't see this coming. Look forward to login queues and limiting the rate at which you can create games in the near future.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-outages-an-explanation-how-we’ve-been-working-on-it-and-how-we’re-moving-forward/28164
Absolutely baffling. There should have been no question this would be a very popular game and they should have created net-code and server infrastructure, to support that.

toast0

[H]ard|Gawd

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-outages-an-explanation-how-we’ve-been-working-on-it-and-how-we’re-moving-forward/28164
If only they let you play with friends directly, they could save a bunch of load on the servers. :whistle:

Nytegard

2[H]4U
Absolutely baffling. There should have been no question this would be a very popular game and they should have created net-code and server infrastructure, to support that.
As a long time dev (though not in games), you're typically only told to develop the bare minimum of what you need. Anything else is seen as a waste in terms of cost.

The general rule of thumb:

You can do it right, you can do it cheap, and you can do it fast, but at most, you can only choose two of these.

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness
*breaks out the ole broken record

Why do console players get active skill keys/buttons AND health-bars over enemies... but not us (PC)??

I've combed far too many bnet forum threads saying the same thing.... Along with suggesting a separate (albeit accordingly small) charm inventory.

/ends rant

I made it to Act V on Normal w/ a druid (werewolf + fury - although I just hit lvl 30 lol) and I'm just burned out.
Melee targeting is still tedious and this particular build doesn't really shine until much later - I guess I forgot how long D2 actually is in terms of getting to a viable build.
Definitely enjoyed my time in the game, but I don't think I can just sit and play endless games like this anymore - too many other obligations these days :/
FWIW I only play solo/offline.

jarablue

Gawd
I play randomly and a few minutes. I would much rather work on my mental and physical health and be outside. Just way healthier than spending time sitting in front of a computer. Funny how you change when you get older.