Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

From the above article;
Diablo 4 still doesn't have a release date. Sometime in 2022 is a possibility, but a 2023 or 2024 release continues to look more likely: Shely didn't hint at a target in his update, but said the game still has a "ways to go" before it's ready for launch.

----

The two included short audio diary clips in the article are totally worth watching! As a bonus at the end is an ingame engine example.. looks fantastic.

Overwatch 2' and 'Diablo IV' have been delayed indefinitely​

https://www.engadget.com/blizzard-delays-overwatch-2-diablo-4-212039519.html
Activision Blizzard is once again delaying Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV. Following months of upheaval at its Blizzard Entertainment subsidiary stemming from a sexual harassment lawsuit the State of California filed in July, the publisher announced during its recent third-quarter 2021 earnings call that it's pushing those games back to give the teams working on them more time.

"While we are still planning to deliver a substantial amount of content from Blizzard next year, we are now planning for a later launch for Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV than originally envisaged," the company said.

Last edited:

Overwatch 2' and 'Diablo IV' have been delayed indefinitely​

https://www.engadget.com/blizzard-delays-overwatch-2-diablo-4-212039519.html
Activision Blizzard is once again delaying Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV. Following months of upheaval at its Blizzard Entertainment subsidiary stemming from a sexual harassment lawsuit the State of California filed in July, the publisher announced during its recent third-quarter 2021 earnings call that it's pushing those games back to give the teams working on them more time.

"While we are still planning to deliver a substantial amount of content from Blizzard next year, we are now planning for a later launch for Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV than originally envisaged," the company said.

RIP
They will be released, but there was never an intent to ship them in 2021, probably not even 2022. JAB even said so at BlizzCon 2019.

no announcements yet for WOW, latest patch was a joke from what I hear. youd think those subs would be their focus as im sure that's a huge part of their revenue

12-21-21 New Diablo 4 Footage

Definitely has a darker tone to it, which is a good thing. I like the dismemberment of the enemies, gives the feeling of weight to the weapons. Werewolf looks a little strange without his tail o_O

Last edited:
Diablo 4 looks sooooooo good.
I didn't play Diablo 3 for years now as I think the character detail doesn't look good today. But Diablo 4 visuals will hold for the next 10 years.
Maybe Path of Exile 2 will look as good, but I won't be playing it as I hate their F2P model. Last Epoch is inferior even to Wolcen, which lacks content and better looking characters (the females look deformed lol).

The texture resolution looks quite a bit higher than the last videos that I have seen. I wonder if Diablo 2 resurrected shamed them.

It's hard for me to get excited about anything this far off. The fact that it's not even coming next year makes me simply not care.

Honestly, until all the shit with the management at Activision/Blizzard gets figured out, I'm not even remotely interested in this game. I don't trust that anything we see now is even potentially gonna make it into a final build at the rate they're hemorrhaging employees.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parja
like this
Honestly, until all the shit with the management at Activision/Blizzard gets figured out, I'm not even remotely interested in this game. I don't trust that anything we see now is even potentially gonna make it into a final build at the rate they're hemoraging employees.
Hemorrhaging ;)

Otherwise agreed. Too many promising projects over the years were ruined by shifts in project management and production staff. Regardless, I'll be watching out for the final product.

I am really looking forward to it. The environments are all blacks, grey, and browns. A bit boring. Other colors could be used. Green forests, white snow, yellow fields, etc.

The texture resolution looks quite a bit higher than the last videos that I have seen. I wonder if Diablo 2 resurrected shamed them.
It would make sense, Vicarious Visions, the company that remastered D2 merged with Blizzard, so I imagine those people will have a hand in D4's production.

12-21-21 New Diablo 4 Footage

Definitely has a darker tone to it, which is a good thing. I like the dismemberment of the enemies, gives the feeling of weight to the weapons. Werewolf looks a little strange without his tail o_O

Diablo had a errie feeling to it think this version captures the game well. Lets make all depressed and good looking.

I like the art, but the enemies seem very spongy. Not hating yet, but also not sold.

That demo video makes it look like a Switch or Xbox 360 game. The animation is choppy, object details are sparse, and scrolling is jittery. The under-saturated look might be intentional, but I don't think those other things are. Hopefully the look of the game improves dramatically in the next year or two.

but the enemies seem very spongy.
Agreed. One part in the gameplay the toon was going against level 18 skeletons when they were a 40 and clearing at an okay rate. The next scene it was 40 toon versus a skeleton mob, also at 40, at the battle was quite long and boring. The delay from spell launch to spell application seemed rather long as well.

We wont see this till 2024 at earliest, they'll ruin it further by then sadly. The continued use of the 1-4 locked skill bar already has me "meh".

I dunno. This is one game I have pre-ordered ever since the original came out. I'll probably play it, but it'll be a bargain bin purchase unless they come up with something that really sets this one apart.

This..... is not looking good at all :(

(I actually had a co-worker today try and convince me that Diablo 3 was superior to Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, and Lost Ark - Let's just say I read him the riot act.)
While I played D3, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's better than those others mentioned. You should punch your co-worker in the arm the next time you see them.

You should punch your co-worker in the arm the next time you see them.

Yeah, I beat D3: RoS just once with a wizard and realized that game was so dumbed down I didn't even have to "sweat" anything....

Now, Titan Quest for example.... There was one time I literally stood up from my desk and started stomping around the room because I'd just died fighting a boss. (The sign of a PROPER aprg imo)

Titan Quest was a good one too.

I played TQ:IT with the fan patch/TQ Defiler for 2 years straight.... right up until Grim Dawn came onto Steam Early Access.

- Initially dismissed it in 2006 because of the whole Greek Mythology setting.... In the end, I felt like such a fool playing it years later like it was the "first time"....

GREAT game!! (GD tops it though, even if it is just an evolution of the "TQ model" with a different coat of paint)

EDIT: Didn't mean to derail... BUT we really are lacking in quality ARPG's lately it seems :(

- Hopefully POE2 or Last Epoch will pan out

Last edited:

(I actually had a co-worker today try and convince me that Diablo 3 was superior to Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, and Lost Ark - Let's just say I read him the riot act.)
He picked the wrong dude lol.

A new expansion was just released for the AE version focusing on end-game content. Haven't gotten to it myself, yet, but I heard it's brutal. It also added one more class to the game.
https://hardforum.com/threads/titan-quest-anniversary-edition-released.1909671/

65t2kn.jpg

He's not wrong, Grim dawn is not a bad game, I played trough it a once and played some different chars for a while but I don't get "it" I mean in no way does the game tell me which stat's I need for my toon (or at least not in a way that I understand), and I also find the world annoying to navigate, but of all the mentioned non D3 games I think this one has the most potential.

PoE is decent enough for a free to play game, though I'm not a fan of the graphics, too bland and while the game plays smooth enough, for a more casual player you need some kind of guide for the talent tree becayse they are worse then the old 3D FF ones, a kat would not find her kittens in there. Also the socketing crap gets old fast if you don't have tons of mat's to mess around with those to get some actual use out of them, but I guess that if you play this game day and night it's not realy an issue.

Imo D3 has the smoothest gaming experience even if the game itself might also be flawed.

Havent played Lost ark yet so can't comment on that one.

POE takes some thought, and the rewards are in the end game, D3 is just point and click with a few achievements to accomplish. Both meet the needs for grinding for loot. I found Grim Dawn to be pretty rewarding, but I usually come back to playing POE. I played D3 for quite awhile, but it just bores me after a bit.
I will probably play D4, but I won't do the pre purchase thing this time.

All in all, I hope it's decent after a massive day one patch, like most games do these days

I think it looks like garbage. If you showed me that footage and told me it was early access from a new indie studio, I'd believe you.
Modern Blizzard is a shell of what it once was and I find it impossible to get excited about anything they're working on anymore.

Back