Diablo 4 - The Real Official Thread

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
So this new Diablo 2 Remaster. It's an all new next gen game engine? Using the Diablo 4 graphic engine?

Or just an updated Diablo 2 engine with some sprinkles of new stuff?

Release dates?

- Diablo 2 Remaster this year?
- Diablo IV?

Krenum

Fully [H]
So this new Diablo 2 Remaster. It's an all new next gen game engine? Using the Diablo 4 graphic engine?
Watch the video , they explain it. Its a new 3D engine, running on top of the old engine. So its running at 25fps...but upscaled to 60fps on the fly....wild.
Its still a tiled game. One of the developers said its 70-30
70 percent original, asthetics, artwork ect. 30 percent they had to change and some quality impovements, without breaking the original gameplay.

Yes, Diablo 2 Remastered this year! Fuck yeh!

God it looks amazing!

Im more excited about D2 remaster than D4 at this point.

Last edited:

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Was bummed the Demon Hunter isn't making a return, but that rogue is basically a DH hybrid. Totally excited about it.

I'll most likely roll a rogue first.

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
Meh, D2 is one of those rare games that improves on the original in every capacity. The first game was plagued with cheaters, slow movement, reptitive environments, uniform builds (all 3 classes used the same spells). I mean back in 1996 or whatever it was a masterpiece but D2 just blows it away.

I played through D1 a year or two ago using one of those remaster mods and it still holds up, but after playing D2 you're just constantly thinking "Man D2 did this so much better." The butcher is still scary as fuck though.

DWolvin

2[H]4U
FRESH MEAT was such a good jumpscare. But I agree, D2 improved everything. But it's also been surpassed but the newer stuff (imho/vmmv). I mean, you have everything from MMO style to WH40K these days.