Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

It really does seem like they're going to have to do like D3. Do a full house cleaning of all the programmers and get a fresh team in there to revamp itemization and the general game.

It really does seem like they're going to have to do like D3. Do a full house cleaning of all the programmers and get a fresh team in there to revamp itemization and the general game.
The programmers are not the problem. Well, maybe the network guys for the lack of fixing duping and how stupidly the stash tabs were handled. The greatest programming in the world wouldn't fix the issues Diablo 4 has though.

What people are frustrated with are the game designers. They're not programmers. They're the people who are dictating how the game is supposed to be played.

The programmers are not the problem. Well, maybe the network guys for the lack of fixing duping and how stupidly the stash tabs were handled. The greatest programming in the world wouldn't fix the issues Diablo 4 has though.

What people are frustrated with are the game designers. They're not programmers. They're the people who are dictating how the game is supposed to be played.
Sorry, yeah that is what I meant. The designers.

I doubt this was the plan, but I think it shows how poor the game is doing. They are essentially needing to make it F2P since they can't make decent seasonal content to get people to spend more money.

Wow... This was probably the plan all along. Get all the $70 you can then switch to players will buy stuff in game strategy
Microsoft didn't finish acquisition of Activision until mid-October last year, 5 months after Diablo IV released.
I doubt this was the plan, but I think it shows how poor the game is doing. They are essentially needing to make it F2P since they can't make decent seasonal content to get people to spend more money.
All first-party Microsoft titles are released on Game Pass. That didn't stop Starfield from selling 10s of million of copies.

Wow, almost slid down to page 2 on forum. Bump! I'm not letting the best game of 2023 drop to page 2.

I can't drag myself to roll a character this season :LOL: . One season on, one season off, seems to work best for me.

Not available for preload yet on gamepass that I can find. Figure I will give it a play there.

With the ray tracing updates I'll give this a second try. Quit halfway through the campaign because Druid was absolutely boring to play and I didn't feel like starting over.

With the ray tracing updates I'll give this a second try. Quit halfway through the campaign because Druid was absolutely boring to play and I didn't feel like starting over.
I'd wait for the start of season 4, after they drop the major loot update. That way you don't burn yourself out before hand as there's a strong possibility that it will be the first update that actually starts adding the fun back into Diablo.

Have you seen the RT effects? Not worth turning on moat likely. I'm going to try and come back for season 4. Haven't played since the first two week of season 2.

Played for a couple hours last night. The updated ambient occlusion makes the biggest difference and is a most welcome change. I honestly don't think the ray traced shadows are that big of a deal, and I didn't play anywhere the reflections would be noticed. All of it put together, though, makes the image output much more cohesive and believable.

Back